Tomb Raider runs at 60 FPS on PS4, not Xbox One

Tomb Raider will enjoy a performance advantage on PS4, despite earlier reports that both versions of the game would be identical.

Website Rocket Chainsaw is claiming that while the game will run in 1080p on both PS4 and Xbox One, Sony's machine sees the game run at 60 frames per second, while on Xbox One it'll only run at 30FPS.

"The Xbox One build can technically reach around 45fps, though this performance is generally only achieved during the most empty, simplest environments.

"For most of your play, and during action scenes, the Xbox One build will sit on around 30 fps. On the other hand, the PlayStation 4 build will attempt to hit 60 fps as often as possible, and does a pretty good job of doing so, but does have slight dips under 60 fps during certain scenarios."

It's not the first time that games have had a performance advantage on PS4. Whether this will be a future trend or not remains to be seen.

Edited On 23 Jan, 2014

Comments
LOL
Loli-Nox-Tan 6 months ago
oh dear...
RTLF 6 months ago
This is fanboy wars material right there Joe.
JoeToots 6 months ago
This makes me giggle.
Akemi no Zero 6 months ago
Kind of hard to argue in favor of the Xbone version
Loli-Nox-Tan 6 months ago
The fanboys always find away to defend themselves.
JoeToots 6 months ago
I wonder why its different on the 2 consoles have developers not had the Xbox long enough to figure out to get 1080p and 60fps out of games. So far does seem to point to the Xbox was rushed out.
Bindiana 6 months ago
It'll look good either way.
JoeToots 6 months ago
I think it is coming down to the fact that the Xbone is more of a Multimedia device
Loli-Nox-Tan 6 months ago
or dat dah xbonezz suckz da ballz n da ps4 rulezzzzz
JoeToots 6 months ago
JoeToots 6 months ago
JoeToots 6 months ago
haha that did make me laugh Joe
Bindiana 6 months ago
I'm not a fanboy but the forum i browse is full of them so i though i'd put a few.
JoeToots 6 months ago
Could be right Nox the ps4 concentrates on doing one thing where the One is trying to do 2 things at once.
Bindiana 6 months ago
The Xbox One reserves 10% of its power for kinect-only use, or so I read, which basically backs up other multimedia comments above. I think MS made a very big mistake in forcing kinect on us all.
markholland 6 months ago
I dont use my kinect, i tryed for 1st week but i just felt stupid saying xbox this n that so i just unplugged it n put kinect back in its box, but this whole 1080p/720p, 60fps/30fps thing kinda makes me regreat being an xbox gamer (since 2008) and getting the xbox one instead i sort of wish i just just got the ps4.
Danny_936 6 months ago
Are we going to be hearing this for every game that comes out now? I do agree with Bindiana that the xbox one was definitely rushed out, don't think it should have been released till about March.
Zombieflamingo 6 months ago
Specs dont lie.
beeje13 6 months ago
This is all due to Microsoft's decision to go for a lower gaming spec because they wanted the Xbox One to be more of a multimedia machine, glad I chose PS4.
Chazza 6 months ago
Yes zombie yes we are.
JoeToots 6 months ago
Wow, that really is ridiculous that a last gen port of Tomb Raider is struggling to go past 30 FPS on new gen hardware. Although I think the PS3 had problems like this in it's early days i can't remember, the tables have been completely turned. Lol wow that's all i have to say...
Light Heaven 6 months ago
I am not too worried about this, as I already have the game, but it is a concern to think future games will be crippled like this, but hopefully it is just that it is a game tweaked from last gen to next gen as opposed to a game written from the ground up specifically for the Xbox ONE where this may not happen. If it does happen in future releases (that are not last gen ports) then I will probably switch to the PS4 as main console, and Xbox ONE for exclusives. It will also be interesting to see reviews of both Xbox ONE and PS4 side by side, and if the low FPS on Xbox ONE really matters. For now I will probably not get this on Xbox ONE, and wait for the inevitable price drop, and the only thing that interested me was the preorder digipack for full soundtrack (which i can buy on its own) and extra DLC, which I have no clue what it is (I think it is just some costumes?). Even if it is better on PS4 it is not going to make me pay £350 to get a PS4 when I have this on 360 and PC. The PS4 is the best console, but the PS4 has the worst game line up for now, but if the Xbox ONE keeps producing lower quality versions of games, then I will easily switch to PS4. First the PS4 needs to get some decent exclsives to make me get one. If I did not have Tomb Raider already I would just suck it up and get the Xbox ONE version still, but if I had the PS4 as well I would get that version now, and not wait for a price drop.
superniceguy 6 months ago
For once Anthony I feel you're talking sense.
JoeToots 6 months ago
No one talks sense when they regard me as Anthoney, unless he came back posted something and it got deleted. The real Antony would probably be saying the Xbox one is "da best", and basically not talking sense, yet you have complimented him and not me. Aiming that comment at me is an insult, and makes these discussions a farce. This has been going on for far long enough and is time to knock it off.
superniceguy 6 months ago