New sources confirm cheaper Xbox One SKU later this year

Rumours of Microsoft releasing a new Xbox One SKU don't seem to be going away, with yet more rumours suggesting that Microsoft will release a cheaper Xbox One this year.

Citing "a well-respected source," VG247 reports that Microsoft has told trusted publishing partners that it will release a new model Xbox One before the end of the year.

There is currently no information as to what will be different about the new model, although sources suggest that it will be cheaper than the current model.

Other rumours this week suggested that Halo 2 Anniversary Edition will be released on November 11, along with a beta for Halo 5 and will possibly even include Xbox One versions of Halo 3 and 4 (the latter part seems a little far fetched).

Would you like to see a cheaper Xbox One? How would Sony retaliate?

Edited On 31 Jan, 2014

Comments
Probably be the kinectless version I predicted last year.
Gloria 9 months ago
Rumours suggest it's a SKU without a blu-ray drive. Kinect is here to stay, whether we like it or not.
doomhk 9 months ago
I am sure there will be a Kinectless version as if my console breaks down and the Kinect is fine, and I need to buy a new console I would not want another Kinect device. I would want to buy a cheaper one without a Kinect device, but use the existing one. Also I may get additional Xbox ONEs too, but I would not want to have loads of Kinect devices everywhere, so until they release a Kinectless version then I will just have the one Xbox ONE.
superniceguy 9 months ago
Bit of a predicament they put you in there eh tony, if you wanted another one now you'd have to spend another £80 again for another kinect... even better when considering the current lack of support for it. Neither Sony nor MS could care less about their customers really in truth, its profit that matters, that's business... unfortunately MS measure a bit higher on the *dickmoveometer* just be glad they went back on all the other dick moves they originally had planned
RTLF 9 months ago
An Xbone without a Bluray drive would be a stupid move doomhk, nobody in their right mind would would want to be restricted to digital only, not for the immediate future.
Gloria 9 months ago
PSP Go say hello :P
Artemisthemp 9 months ago
PSP was hacked.
Gloria 9 months ago
I am not bothered in getting another one just yet, and if it breaks down then is covered by the guarantee, but I would think they would release them individually, as those reasons is more than "Kinect is here to stay" etc The same is also in reverse for the Kinect, if the Kinect goes faulty and is outside the guarantee, I am not buying a Xbox ONE just to get the Kinect from it. When they stated about a discless version they also mentioned Bluetooth, so maybe they intended on people using external blu ray drives if you want to use disc?
superniceguy 9 months ago
Sure thing, let's make pirate's life easier...
Hymeleon 9 months ago