Nintendo Direct: Feb 13 Round Up

Nintendo hosted its latest Nintendo Direct tonight and it was certainly a featured packed episode.

News coming out of the broadcast included the liked of a date for Mario Kart 8, coming May 30, as well as news of Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS, which will arrive next year.

But lets go back to the start with news of the highly-anticipated Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U. A new trailer for the game showed that Punch-Out’s Little Mac will arrive for the game when it launches this year.

Sticking with 3DS games, Mario Golf: World Tour was shown, as was a new RPG game mode named Castle Club. This game arrives on May 2 in both the US and Europe.

Other games shown include the likes of Kirby Triple Deluxe which will arrive on May 16 in Europe and Yoshi's New Island which arrives on March 14. A special edition Yoshi 3DSXL was also confirmed for Europe, although this does not include the game.

Plenty of smaller titles were shown too, such as Steel Diver Sub Wars which actually arrives on the eStore today. Other titles set for an eStore release include the likes of Pokémon Link: Battle - a match-three puzzle game and Rusty’s Real Dead Baseball.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club was another 3DS eShop exclusive shown, coming to Europe April 17.

Finally for 3DS, Nintendo showed Level 5's Weapon Shop de Omasse and revealed the release date for Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Guard which will release in Europe on May 2.

Before moving on, Nintendo showed a couple of indie games, Shovel Knight and 1,000 Spikes, both of which looked interesting.

On to Wii U and Ubisoft's RPG Child of Light which was dated for April 30 in Europe.

NES Remix 2 was also announced which comes with a free game in Super Luigi Bros and Mario Kart 8 for Wii U got a new trailer as well as news that all the Koopalings will be playable. Mario Kart arrives on May 30.

A new game which was previously announced - X, an action heavy RPG from Monolith was re-confirmed. We've posted some footage below.

Finally, we found out that Game Boy Advance titles will arrive on Virtual Console in April.

Here's a ton of trailers.

Edited On 13 Feb, 2014

Comments
Little Mac really surprised me & from the footage he seems to be my kind of character. Sub Wars looks interesting, I'll be making sure to give it a download. Can't wait for the Etrian Odyssey remake. Child of Light is a Day One for me (I never buy Digital on Day 1) so excited for the game. Mario Kart looks as great as it always does. Xeno looks beautiful. Lastly I am eagerly awaiting Metroid Fusion & Superstar Saga, hopefully they release the Fire Emblem game as well since I haven't played the GBA ones
Loli-Nox-Tan 8 months ago
Well i was a little underwhelmed with it all from a wiiU perspective, i can't comment on 3DS as i don't own one but wiiU was rather bad Mario Kart is just the same as usual and Bayonneta 2 looks just like a button mashing fest.
JoeToots 8 months ago
All looked good to me, could have done with some more release dates, but the games looked fantastic, especially Smash Bros, MK8 and Bayonetta 2, a nice selection on 3DS too, good to get a release date for Kirby. Didn't you get Metroid Fusion and GBA Fire Emblem free on 3DS Nox?
Gloria 8 months ago
If you think that looked good Gloria i've lost faith in man kind.
JoeToots 8 months ago
i can only talk about the wiiU stuff buy it seems like you're looking at Nintendo through rose-tinted glasses.
JoeToots 8 months ago
Not enough generic soldiers shooting things for you Tootell?
Gloria 8 months ago
Mario kart is same shit just different graphics bayonneta is a button mashing fest and smash bros does not intrest me as i hate fighting games./
JoeToots 8 months ago
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Go back to your crappy, same every time, soldier shooting game then.
Gloria 8 months ago
I think I would have to agree with Joe on the Wii U side nothing we hadnt already heard about was mentioned. 3DS side some good announcements and that is going strong but dont hold out much hope for the Wii U after Mario Kart and Smash Bros are out.
Bindiana 8 months ago
3DS stuff looks great ,and its good to see more games for the WIIu Nintendo are trying thats for sure.,more games is always good
jaijai 8 months ago
Haha is that what you resort to gloria when you know i'm right? "Go back to your crappy, same every time, soldier shooting game then" Pathetic Gloria i expected better from you.
JoeToots 8 months ago
You are never right Tootell ;)
Gloria 8 months ago
You're forgetting that my generation are the future gamers and the majority of games in the future will be moulded to our liking your time has been sorry to say.
JoeToots 8 months ago
Majority doesn't make you right, and quality is timeless ;)
Gloria 8 months ago
The fact is you will begin to see more "Go back to your crappy, same every time, soldier shooting game then" as you like to say it sort of games and it won't be long untill Nintendo realise that if they want to survive in the console market they'll have to pump out more generic shit.
Don't think so.
Gloria 8 months ago
LMFAO at this guy.He has an opinion and anyone else who differs is wrong .
jaijai 8 months ago
The sooner you accept it the better Gloria, you're living in the past. Take last Gen for example I hate to say it but Call of Duty dominated the games market developers will see how much revenue the Call of Duty franchise generated and they'll want a slice of the pie and they'll try to copy what Call of Duty did. At the end of the day the whole gaming industry is about making money at the core of it and Nintendo just aren't doing that with there console market. I give them credit though they do rule the handheld market. @Jaijai who are you? i've not once claimed that Gloria is wrong i'm just having a discussion over the way gaming is going so crawl back into whatever crevice you came from and stop butting in.
JoeToots 8 months ago
I bought a 3DS after the price drop Gloria & Toots I wouldn't really call Smash a fighting game
Loli-Nox-Tan 8 months ago
and Jaijai i'm just giving my opinion from an outsider who has purchased a wiiU and Nox i wouldn't really know as i never played the original that's just what it looked like.
JoeToots 8 months ago
HAHAHAHAHA If you claim to be right then clearly the other person must be wrong or your arguing with yourself ,which with you couldnt be ruled out either .
jaijai 8 months ago
Oh & Toots your comment backs up the fact that Call of Duty is slowly killing the industry
Loli-Nox-Tan 8 months ago
@Jaijai clearly you're stupid, when it comes down to discussing things with multiple outcomes there can be more than one right answer.
JoeToots 8 months ago
Nox i'm not denying the fact that CoD is killing the industry. JaiJai also me saying that i'm right wasn't stating that Glorias opinion is Wrong it was just saying that my opinion is Right because Gloria had some good points in her opinion. If you don't know the difference between a fact and an opinion i think it's time you went back to school.
JoeToots 8 months ago
People don't buy Nintendo consoles to play generic shit Tootell, they buy them to play Nintendo games, and there is a demand, just the other day I saw someone complaining about the lack of platformers on other consoles. Nintendo just need to increase their output a bit and they'll be fine. It's games like Call of Duty that whilst they may have popularized gaming, they are also over saturating the market, and this will lead to a crash sooner or later. Nintendo will survive though, just like they survived the last one when Atari went bye bye.
Gloria 8 months ago
And jaijai is a tit.
Gloria 8 months ago
"You know im right " Was your comment .So you dont want to hear any other outcome for you there is no possibility of any other outcome .So your latest comments are more open to other opinions ,ill give you that ,Now that your stance has changed ill leave it at that
jaijai 8 months ago
You should know by now that you can't discuss anything on the Internet without someone saying your trying to force you option on someone (a la Shep)
Loli-Nox-Tan 8 months ago
Toots wasn't being serious when he said that, he said it jokingly
Loli-Nox-Tan 8 months ago
the fact is Jaijai everything Nintendo related Gloria has always got one over me but this time i saw my oppotunity so i took it. I'm not going to lie i do love nintendo and i wish i gave the games more of a chance before selling them but that's life.
JoeToots 8 months ago
I dont disagree with much of what you say either ,COD etc is what people want ,sadly IMO.With this version of COD its sales havnt been the same so it might be that gamers are getting wise to the same stuff year over year .I own all the new consoles including the WII U ,I have the WII U because theres just some game i wont miss out on and the Nintendo policy demands that i buy their console to do it . I apologise if i picked up your comments the wrong way
jaijai 8 months ago
Toots don't you at least have access to a 360 or PS3? You could rent Bayoneta to see if you are interested in 2
Loli-Nox-Tan 8 months ago
i still have access to both yeah
JoeToots 8 months ago
Rent Bayoneta ............ and maybe Dark Souls 2 :)
Loli-Nox-Tan 8 months ago
i'm too good at dark souls though..
Watch this Toots http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p52hLLQsV8A
Loli-Nox-Tan 8 months ago
Oh & anyone on the fence should watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk9Pq_hmiH0
Loli-Nox-Tan 8 months ago
The new xeno game looks good but still no release date for that and smash bros is disappointing. There should have been more wii u stuff though and the two GBA games are ones that you got free with the 3DS if you bought it early so good chance you will get fire emblem. Its rubbish that we still have to wait a year for monster hunter 4 though still hoping for a wii u version.
Zombieflamingo 8 months ago
Xeno will most likely be 1015 & I'm guessing we will get Smash in Q3
Loli-Nox-Tan 8 months ago
we going back in time nox?
JoeToots 8 months ago
How are we going back in time?
1015?
Ah I see it now. You know what I mean
Gloria 8 months ago
Well im just so underwhelmed at least an avalanche of wii u games have been announced for the console I got for christmas which I love by the way, oh wait???
inspector 74 8 months ago
Bayonetta 2 looked quite good what was the first one like?
Zombieflamingo 8 months ago
Pretty awesome, first class hack and slasher.
Gloria 8 months ago
Big story wise or do you reckon I will be able to pick up the second one and know what is happening?
Zombieflamingo 8 months ago
It doesn't really matter, the first game is one you must play
Loli-Nox-Tan 8 months ago
Will pick it up on the cheap closer to the 2nd one coming out then. Or hopefully for free on live or PSN at some point if I am lucky.
Zombieflamingo 8 months ago
Probably don't need to play the first, as I'm sure there will be some sort of story recap, but it's definitely worth a play, it's DMC on Estrogen, and that's worse than on steroids, trust me, plus fucking amazing boss battles.
Gloria 8 months ago
You can pick it up really cheap right now
Bayonetta 2 Inc. Bayonetta 1 - WII U Pre-Order Now