Tuesday Chat: February 18

There are plenty of genre's of game out there. RPG's, First Person Shooters, Action/Adventure games, Platformers and more. But which are your favourites?

What games really make you sit up and take notice? Do you like a good single player adventure or would you rather shoot at the enemy online? Or are you more the sort to run along the screen from left to right in the platformer of your choice?

Do you prefer sports games or puzzlers?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 18 Feb, 2014

Comments
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
I am definitely a single player kind of guy. I prefer my multiplayer games to be of the cooperative kind, there is something really fun about working together to achieve a goal or kill a boss(the in-game kind). As to genre, I think it's a mood thing. I really enjoy an open world exploration, but sometimes you need the catharsis of shooting the sh!t out of something, or scoring a few goals in Fifa
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I like multiplayer just for the fact playing multiplayer games saves me so much money as i don't need to keep buying games. Big day today though not only is it payday for me (woop!) not only are the battlefield maps out onh PS4 for premium (double woop!) but it's also the return of the champions league!! so today is a superb day!
Single player for me too, I used to enjoy online multiplayer before it was popularized and turned online gaming in to some sort of moron convention. I'm pretty flexible with game types, the only ones I don't really care for are RTS, simulations and realistic sports games.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
in terms of genre i'll play anything (doesn't mean i'll finish it) apart from sports games for sports i dislike. To add to my great day lego city undercover should also arrive so i can judge how good it is for myself.
Loading times are crap, but other than that it's brilliant.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I used to be a big RPG fan but dont really get enough time to play them now more into action games at the moment or games with a good story and like the quirky games that like to do things a bit different.
RPG fan through & through, or just anything was a good story. 90% of my game collection is of the RPG genre
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I am the same with RPG's Bindiana have loads of them for when I have the time to play them. I will play anything as long as it is fun though not a fan of sports games or sim racing games/
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I am open to most genres, except sport (not including F1). I generally prefer single player but I will play MP if it's good, even though I'm crap at shooters. Mostly I love RPG that have plenty of things to do to keep me interested. Also I am up to 91% of AC with still loads more to find/collect
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Dave are you doing it all legit no guides or anything?
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Completely legit. Cleared all forts, naval missions & contracts. now need to work on sunken wreckages for upgrade plans and visit EVERY location for collectibles
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Respect then, also does anyone know if because i've left my ps4 in standby if i download something from the web store will it auto download on my ps4? i'm talking about my battlefield 4 maps of course.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
All downloads should work if in standby Joe. I've done it myself from work
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
I'm on 97% full sychronisation on AC4, got all trophies except for a couple of the multiplayer one's. Have you defeated the 4 Legendary ships yet Dave?
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Only 1, want to fully upgrade the ship before I go for that
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I take it most people turn there ps4 on standby I always switch mine off
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
RTLF, also my fleet is made up entirely of Man o' Wars
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
@Dave, you need to, they're hard to beat, I had to take to youtube for tips cos my controller was about to be put through the wall. @Bindiana, yea I turn mine off too, if i knew when the updates were coming I'd leave it on standby for those days
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Had a little trouble with treasure maps, but just persevered as they are not really that difficult
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
The fleet is only for the minigame though isn't it? The best Man O' Wars I added to my fleet are from defeating the Pirate Hunters when you get your wanted level up to maximum, they're powerful but also have good speed. I also have a few Frigates as they complete missions quicker
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
Wasn't a big fan of the treasure maps, only bothered doing the one's to unlock ultimate ship upgrades. If I remember correctly though most of the ship upgrades I found were from doing the underwater wrecks
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I just collect all ships and salvage the ones I don't want. Need to do the shipwrecks now
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
@Bindiana i usually turn mine off but today is a special occassion :P
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
I prefer to play Single Player or Co-op games, since PvP is so frustrating
Does anyone else spend a day or two trying to figure out what game to play next after they finish one or is it just me?
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I have mine pre-chosen ready to go ... lol
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I have done the I fancy playing something then look through my games collection and never decide what to play and end up playing nothing.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
takes me months between single player games
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I cant remember who was after a Titanfall controller for the xbox one but apparently Game are getting more preorders for them tomorrow.
Makes me feel a whole lot better that other people do that as well. I'm gonna need to pick out a game before I finish the Doom games or I'll end up going back to Dark Souls
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
btw Bindiana, epic score on the Sorcerer's Lair table on Zen pinball! gonna have fun trying to beat it :)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Cheers RTLF just seemed to go right for me in that game I think the game before I only ended up with about a 5 million score so was quite a difference in the next game.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
anyone seen the thief metal pak? looks cool.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I do like the steelbooks. The Lighting returns one is pretty good as well.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
it's a metal pack not a steelbook.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Whats the difference?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
it's small but http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12066
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Cool never knew there were different types, good to know.
Vita owners check this out - http://www.futuridium.com/