Microsoft announces Media Remote for Xbox One, coming this March

Microsoft has announced the Xbox One Media Remote that we got a glimpse of eariler this month.

The remote will allow you to control Blu-ray movies and streaming video on Xbox One, while its motion-activated backlit buttons will "allow it to be used in the darkest of rooms while playing games, watching TV shows, movies and more."

In addition to its fancy light-up buttons when you pick the controller up, the remote also includes dedicated Back and OneGuide buttons. You can also use the media remote to control your TV/receiver power and volume through Kinect, although the channel up and down buttons will work in the U.S only.

The media remote is priced at £19.10 and you'll be able to pre-order it on ShopTo soon.

Edited On 20 Feb, 2014

Comments
I might pick this up, I have the remote that came free with the 360 when it first came out and that was great, better for using in bed that having a controller lying next to you. Though saying that i have been using the voice for the kinect to pause stuff when I am watching it and it seems to work really well.
Zombieflamingo 8 months ago
Kind of makes you think, isn't this what kinect was for.
Joe Anderson (Editor) 8 months ago
Awesome! I have been in desperate need for one of these. I have just been using the controller so far, as can not get to grips with Kinect for controlling DVDs / Blu Ray / Netflix. I guess Kinect just gives an option, but I have lived with remotes for so long, I can not get to grips with the Kinect. The controller is annoying as it switches off after a time but the media remotes do not.
superniceguy 8 months ago
From comments about dark rooms, I assume this is their attempt to give more options when the room is too dark for the kinect to function. That or a significant number of boxes are reporting that people were serious when they said they would leave the kinect unplugged.
ASC 8 months ago
lol 100 for voice contols that often dont work and 20 for a remote that works every time MS are brilliant at wringing out every penny they can
jaijai 8 months ago
I personally don't have an issue with the kinetic commands and they work more than they do not. There will be sometimes that it will be easier to use a controller/ remote over the kinect though. Like later at night or if the tv is quite loud also the fact you can control the tv with it could be appealing for some.
Zombieflamingo 8 months ago