Friday Chat: February 21

It's the weekend, so what gaming plans do you have for the next two days? What game will you be playing?

Is there anything that has you hooked on PS4 or Xbox One. Or are you still getting through your back catalogue on PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii U?

There is still a real lack of new releases this year, but that's set to change next week, which then leads us on to a busy month of March. So in this respect, what do you need to finish off before investing in some new games?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 21 Feb, 2014

Comments
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 3 years ago
March is going to be sweet! South Park, FFX-HD and my Ps4 with Second Son!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
well i need to finish off assassins creed 4 need for speed rivals killzone shadow fall and the two lego games that i haven't even started yet.
Donkey Kong for me this weekend, already got my copy and played through the first level, thanks to Amazon delivering everything by courier now instead of using Royal Mail, and it's awesome, looks and plays brilliantly. Next month I've got Pacman and the ghostly adventures and new Yoshi's island to look forward to, might pick up South Park if I spot it cheap second hand somewhere.
Bindiana 3 years ago
Might make a start on bravely default this weekend. Have Rayman Legends coming today hopefully but might put some time into that on my days off on Monday and Tuesday next week. Nox has your Sorcery Saga been dispatched? I got an email saying they dont have stock which is a first for me from the river.
Bindiana 3 years ago
On a side note how do you delete friends on here as got a spammer at the moment I want to get rid of seems they have friended a few on here.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
Spending all my time with rayman weekend , loving every moment so far going to get the origins on ps3 as well best platformer played in ages , lords of shadow and knack still on back log but will not get to them any time soon with thief , lords of shadow 2 , south park and infamous all arriving soon
For some reason I cancelled Sorcery Saga but a certain website has it a good bit cheaper than here so I'm gonni order it right now
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
Hopefully i'll get LRFF:XIII finished and out the way this weekend its been quite enjoyable so far, found out last night that Climax Studios are re-releasing Sudeki on steam for its 10th anniversary on Monday, great news for me as its one of my favourite games so i'll probs do a playthrough of that. Other than that i'm looking forward to March, Dark Souls 2, FFX-HD, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles and more yes please!
Anyhoo my gaming plans for the weekend are to play Dota 2 & Doom 2 but I get easily sidetracked so I'll probably end up playing god knows what
Question: What is the point of having options in Shopto Social what they don't even work?
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
My bad *February 28th Tales of Symphonia*
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah I have cancelled my order on the river and ordered elsewhere. Yeah I was looking at the social stuff earlier and couldnt change cover photo or anything.
I could add my XBL Profile but not my PSN Profile, I think the preferences of the people who run Shopto are coming through (lol)
What's the river?
Bindiana 3 years ago
Begins with A and is a big river
Ah, why didn't you say the Rainforest? My order is from a site with the letters I,V,V,A,Z
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah I just ordered it form VIVAZ as well. I think it might be an ebay thing as it is always called river on ebay boards so always use that instead of rainforest
I see it now but initially that just flew over my head
Bindiana 3 years ago
Its was odd that they were out of stock never had that with them before it might turn out to be a rare game or the release date may of changed but shopto saying they have stock.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
If I get chance to play anything it will be Lightning Returns. Playing through with the guide and still missing so much. About to come to the close on the 2nd day, from last I saved. However, I'd like to get some more writing done and I've kept the weekend mostly free for that. There aren't really any games on my radar at the moment and hopefully March will be a month I can save, rather than spend.
March has Dark Souls 2
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I wasn't overly drawn in by the first one. Although I put that down to lack of me having chance to play it at the time, rather than the game itself
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I need some advice from experts, I'm tempted to buy Fifa 14, bearing in mind I'm not really a football fan. I want to play something different. Is it any good for a complete beginner?
What kind of Genres do you like Dave? I'm sure we can all pull together and recommend a few games that are out of your comfort zone
Bindiana 3 years ago
Bubbajai FIFA has 3 or 4 difficulty settings just start off on beginner and see how you get on for a few games if your finding it easy then up the difficulty .
Bindiana 3 years ago
Kaysar I heard the guide is a bit all over the place for Lightning returns is that right?
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Nox - I normally prefer RPG, but also action/adventure, some shooters (hate CoD) & motor racing. I also thought of Injustice but I tend to get bored with beat 'em ups
I don't see the point in buying guides, I mean you can just get the info from the Inter-Webs. Saying that I am buying the Fashion Souls 2 guide but that is mainly cos Marcus (ENB) worked on it
Bindiana 3 years ago
I only really get guides for the Final Fantasy games more to do with my collectionist side but do find them useful as well for those games.
I'm gonna say an obvious one but have you played Doom? Give me a few Genres & tell me what games you like from said Genres & I'll have a think
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
Yeah. I'm on day two and doing chapter 3 missions. So I've skipped all of chapter 2 so far and technically not finished chapter 1. I think it's done so you can play the game in the *fastest* order so you can get as many side missions done as possible. However, I've not got far enough in to actually see how disjointed the guide is. I have only just recently started buying guides but when I do they're hardback special editions. I look all the artwork and back stories that comes with them and this is the first time I'm reading through the guide as I play. Normally, if I buy a guide, I ignore it until I get stuck. Then, if there is replay value, I look for things I've missed that I'd like to experience 2nd time around
Bindiana 3 years ago
What systems are you thinking of buying games on Dave?
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
PS4. only d/l PS+ on PS3 now
Huh?
Bindiana 3 years ago
Well a few I can offer up as suggestions would be Rayman Legends. Could try Pinball Arcade or Zen Pinball 2. Zen Pinball 2 comes with a free table so you can test it out. Escape Plan is a nice little game and uses the touch pad
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Not exactly spoilt for choice atm I know. Have Thief coming next week. I just fancy a change. Have a fair amount on voucher for CEX that I want to use. I looked for Rayman (out of stock) as I watched stream on Twitch yesterday and really liked it. Will probably use Shopto points and refund (Thief price drop) for that
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Get FIFA dave and play me that'll make sure you never get the urge to play it again...
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Got it. Thanks for the reassurance Joe. If anyone fancies an easy win, you know where to come ... lol
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
haha, do you ever play Pro Evo Joe? I'll be getting the PS4 one coming out this year if you want a challenge. @Bindiana, good show with the Super League Zen Pinball score, its a fun table with the goalscoring and that but I had to restrain myself from launching the controller across the living room a few times :)
Bindiana 3 years ago
Cheers was chasing your score most of the night on thursday finally got past it in the end. Yeah its a fun table if a little chaotic at first. I know the feeling about launching controller getting that with PVZ table :)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I will be getting pes yes.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
Ah cool, haven't bought a footie game for a couple years now so looking forward to trying a next gen pes (I just don't get on with fifa, something about the gameplay that doesn't sit well with me). I'm pretty decent at pes games though so would be up for the challenge
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
which do *you* prefer Joe?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
MY opinion is that I prefer PES that's MY opinion again MY opinion.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
haha :D well atleast we agree on something
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
No we don't agree. you share MY opinion ;)
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
hah! touche
Bindiana 3 years ago
I dont know if anybody has seen but Amazon prime is going up to £79 a year but you get love film streaming with it now not sure if £79 is worth it now.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
i won't be redeeming my prime then.
It wasn't worth it in the first place
Bindiana 3 years ago
My sub runs out in December will use the streaming service to December as it will be free but wont renew. So if anyone hasnt got prime and and wants love film streaming best sign up before 26th as you get it for £49 instead of £79.