Titanfall requires up to 40GB of space on Xbox One

Titanfall install will require up to 40GB of space on your Xbox One hard-drive according to an official press release.

"On Xbox, Titanfall requires Xbox Live Gold membership. Titanfall game download card inside marked packages and up to 40 GB required," says the text.

You will require an Xbox LIVE membership in order to play Titanfall, so if you are considering an Xbox One + Titanfall for its RRP price of £399, then you will need to factor in an Xbox LIVE membership on top of this cost.

So what do you think? Are you still excited about Titanfall?

Edited On 24 Feb, 2014

Comments
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
40GB is about average this gen it seems. and as for requiring gold, that was a given...
Soulless Ninja's avatar
Soulless Ninja 3 years ago
Let's see:Like mechs, Hate call of duty so no not really no besides seeing as every next gen game coming out has a insane amount of GB required for install, not seeing much appeal in upgrading to "next gen" to be honest.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
have you played it or even watched a video? its not like call of duty at all... and yes, more powerful machines = bigger games...
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
over 5x the size of a standard Xbox game (excluding ones that use 2+ discs) and only 500GB HDD it is going to run out fast. I do not think 1TB is big enough either. When I can use external HDDs I will be getting the biggest one I can find. The Wii U uses this method too, and is better than swapping out HDDs inside like PS4.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
true, it'll come soon. but it is possible to swap the internal HDD to a bigger one with a bit of confidence
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
As 'Im Going Space' said, seems about average for this gen. Personally I have no problem with these large installs/downloads. If it's a disc game and I needed the room, just delete and re-install again if I need to. I'm lucky that I have BT Infinity so no problem if I need to re-download either.
Soulless Ninja's avatar
Soulless Ninja 3 years ago
*Sigh* yes i have seen gameplay of titanfall and it's pretty much call of mechs also considering it's made by the guys who founded infinity ward i would say my opinion is valid also stating the obvious about next gen consoles doesn't make it any more appealing when you consider all the factors involved however this is simply my opinion so while you don't have to agree with it or like it, you must accept it and move on.
40GB? When Origin says you need at least 10GB, where the hell is this 30GB extra going?
Spyware for Kinect to watch you in your underpants.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Swapping PS4 is so simple, I changed mine for a 1TB Hybrid drive, it is fast and cheap. I have to completely agree with Ninja. Definately CoM
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
that was the beta haha. the X1 beta was only 4.9Gb and it says Up To 40GB, so maybe its less. buying a nice 1 or 2 tb HDD to plop in my X1 now.
You will void the void warranty on the Xbone if you do that, and anyway why go for a HDD when you could get a SSD
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Gloria they can happily watch me game in my underpants I've no issues with that or anything to hide.
Well when you factor in the inevitable overpriced DLC then "Up to" 40GB doesn't seem that bad. Also a few places are saying that 15.88GB will be the Xbox One Install size
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Well that's a disturbing image ... DELETE!!! I bought a 1TB SSHD Nox - Ebay £85. It is definitely faster
I heard it's more a case of nothing to see rather than nothing to hide in your underpants Tootell ;)
juschris07's avatar
juschris07 3 years ago
Yeah that's a big chunk of space specially when you have only got 500gb of space. Xbox best come up with something soon especially it they want us to stop buying physical games and download them of the dashboard .
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
imagine the workers paid to watch people in there underpants, or is that why they hired Jonathan Ross, also as above i purchase a seagate 1tb hybrid drive, sped my ps4 up nicely only cost 65 quid on amazon, fuck ssd they average aroung 300 quid for 1tb
Jonathan Ross and underpants, Xbone gets less appealing every day.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
It could be Gloria could be but the great thing is you'll never know.
Great for me ;)