inFamous Second Son goes gold

InFamous: Second Son has gone gold, meaning that the disc has been sent to manufacturers and digital storefronts, ready for distribution. This also means no delays, so we'll get the game when expected on March 21.

This news will no doubt coincide with Sony really starting to step up marketing on the game as its tries to counter Xbox One exclusive Titanfall.

Will inFamous have the same impact which Titanfall has had so far? That's hard to say, but if Sony can show off more of the gameplay we've seen recently then there is no doubt that inFamous Second Son is going to be a popular game.

Edited On 26 Feb, 2014

Comments
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
I'd imagine that InFamous will outsell Titanfall by about 2:1 that allows for about a 1/3 of PS4 owners not bothering with it and assumes that all XBone users want something new to play. For me, even if I had an XBO, I wouldn't bother with Titanfall as it simply isn't my type of game.
JoeToots 3 years ago
I think titan fall will heavily outsell infamous steersy..
JoeToots 3 years ago
Steersy you're forgetting that titanfall is not just releasing on xbone but also on xbox 360 and PC.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
Infamous is a Single Player and Titanfall is... Well not playable without Xbox Live Gold.
JoeToots 3 years ago
Unless you're playing on PC...
JoeToots 3 years ago
I imagine the PC sales alone will outsell infamous.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
I think Metal Gear Solid will outsell them both >_>
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
OK if we just compare XBO sales to PS4, I stand by my original statement. I'll admit I forget that it was out on PC as well which changes the landscape somewhat. I'd still not buy it on XBO or PC as it simply doesn't interest me.
JoeToots 3 years ago
There is no denying it'll outsell if you compare just both next gen consoles but you didn't mean that or you would of stated it clearly in your first comment and you're now back tracking.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Next-gen Joe? Is that PS5 & XB2
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
infamous interests me over Titanfall due to no single player mode, but I have not finished the other PS3 games yet, so see no point getting this and a PS4 when I still have the others to play.
JoeToots 3 years ago
Don't be a dick dave you know what i mean.
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
what @stooT eoJ? I don't really think of PC's when I think of gaming. don't F**king tell me I'm back tracking.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
good news i though it might have got a delay most wanted game this year
JoeToots 3 years ago
Even if you take the PC out of the equation xbox 360 + xbox one titanfall will outsell infamous. Clearly you're backtracking and it also seems you need to slip another tampon up there mate.
JoeToots 3 years ago
my most wanted game of the year is Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor but unfortunatley i think that'll be next year :( what i'd do to play that game tomorrow.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
yeah seen it joe think i pre ordered it looks good
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I think my most wanted game will be next year too - The Division. Failing that my definites for 2014 is Destiny, Evil Within & 1886
JoeToots 3 years ago
I'm not usually one for single player but i love middle earth.
Lumiya's avatar
Lumiya 3 years ago
Stool eoj - Titanfail is a noobs game - Has no campaign and offers players challenging multiplayer experience against dumb bots...who cares about Titanfail other than noobs. I aint getting Titanfail on PC or Xbox 360....i have enough skills not to lower them playing a rip off of Gaylo and Call of Duty... and then there's the stupid mechs... i played the PC beta for this garbage, and all the noobs rushing to get into a mech. This game will probably be dead after 9 months like Brink!
JoeToots 3 years ago
Lumiya tbh i stopped reading after you used the word noob.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
Always makes me laugh when someone comes straight in and doesn't talk about the 'actual' game but points out that it will outsell something else, trying to justify your decision much? feel better now? lol .... Anyway, looking forward to this, not my most anticipated title of 2014, wasn't the biggest fans of the previous titles but should be fun why it lasts. I know Eurogamer and Console Monster recently said the main campaign will be about 12-15 hours so hopefully it has plenty of replay value.
I will be shocked if Titanfall doesn't outsell Infamous
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 3 years ago
@loli If Titanfall doesn't sell inFamous it would have failed drastically considering it's out on Xbox 360, PC and XB1 and inFamous is only on PS4.
JoeToots 3 years ago
Who was that directed at old timer?
That is my point Joe
JoeToots 3 years ago
That was also my point i was trying to make to steersy but clearly he's on the blob.
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
*sign* Get out much Joe? How is the lady in your life? I am looking forward to Infamous, it looks an absolute treat. I don't enjoy FPS so I wouldn't buy titanfall even if I had an Xbox one. I also prefer single player games to MP so that is another point against it for me. Is that enough talk about the game Oldtimer? Additionally Joe, I don't have a Vagina or a womb so I don't ovulate you Prick.
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
Glad to see the anti trolling is going well, editor
JoeToots 3 years ago
You have a weird way of showing you don't have a vagina. The thing we was discussing was the sales not the game its self so how is what you enjoy more going to effect the general sale of the games which you was claiming infamous was going to outsell titanfall and then you back track on it, clearly you struggle the basic concept of a debate and feel the need to swear and throw direct insults about shows your level of Intelligence
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
@ stoot eoJ ... Not directed at you mate, @ Steersy and it's not me having a go at him/her, I just find it odd these days that no matter where you look, you see something about a particular game and no-one talks about the actual game but it ends up in a ... "IT will sell more than that game" ... "It looks better on the other console" .... type of thing, seems to me people need to justify it to themselves all of the time. Now whether Titanfall sells more or it doesn't, personally I couldn't careless, whether I do or don't enjoy either title won't be because it has sold more or less than something else. I hope this makes sense, probably not lol
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 3 years ago
@oldtimer The way I read what Joe (editor) put in the article as "impact" was about sales figures, hence my response about what I thought the figures would be. If I got that wrong, then I apologise. I have no issue with the XBOX one and will get one once the prices drop and there are enough exclusives for me to justify the cost. I generally enjoy posting on here, but found Joe's comments offensive and personal and I am not on my man period. Pretty childish thing to say in my opinion. I like games to do well regardless of platform so developers keep on investing money and producing entertainment on my favourite medium of all. Cheers.
JoeToots 3 years ago
The fact of the matter is saying someone is on the blob is not a direct insult it is an innuendo for saying someone is in a bad mood. Unlike you i don't need to sink to the level of hurling direct insults at people.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
@ Steersy ... Then I apologise aswell as I sort of misread it all but again in no-way was I having a go. For me I just want to play games, on Xbox One, PS4 ... but as I said before, wherever you look these days it doesn't seem to be about the games anymore, more about what will sell better, what version looks the best, for me it stokes the fanboy argument and Shopto like alot of other sites, here and on Twitter don't help it but hey ho, if that's how they want to be then so be it. Anyway folks, have a great day as off to work I go.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
@Joe, I have to be fair here and say that I think you misread Steersy's comments a little. When he discussed the game itself instead of sales it was in reply to Old Timer's comment "Always makes me laugh when someone comes straight in and doesn't talk about the 'actual' game but points out that it will outsell something else"... Also if you read his first original comment it's clear he's talking about Infamous on PS4 sales versus Titanfall sales specifically on Xbox1 as he's thinking in terms of next gen, so he wasn't really backtracking, more acknowledging he forgot the other platforms. @Steersy, didn't need to be insulting, just a misunderstanding it looks like
JoeToots 3 years ago
But he didn't make it clear so i still feel he was backtracking and i'll stand by that.
Tootell is out of control and needs banning ;)
JoeToots 3 years ago
they ban me i take my business else where simple.
You buy all your games at Amazon anyway ;)
JoeToots 3 years ago
to be fair the majority of my games and consoles i buy is from shopto, they're always the first place i check.