Titanfall will not run at 1080p on Xbox One

We're not that sure anyone cares, but Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella has confirmed that Titanfall will not run at 1080p on Xbox One.

Just two weeks ahead of its March 14th release, Zampella confirmed on Twitter that rumours that full-HD will be supported are untrue.

Reports suggest that the beta ran at a resolution of 792p, while many are now suggesting that the game will run at a resolution of 900p.

Does any of this matter to you? Isn't it just important that the game is fun? Let us know your thoughts on this.

Edited On 27 Feb, 2014

Comments
that's no suprise to be honest, Joe you'd be better off reporting it when an xbox one game does run at 1080p tbh.
JoeToots 6 months ago
Im still in decision on buying either an xbox one or ps4, ive never been into the console wars owning both an xbox 360 and a ps3... i do prefer the xbox 360 but as for the new console i think im gunna go with the ps4 all these xbox one games dont seem to be running at 1080p and this does bother me i dont see why i should pay such a huge sum of money for the xbox one and it doesnt even have 1080p whats the use of that when i can get a cheaper console that gives more? cheaper and has better graphics and the same games... titanfall 1080p on ps4 and not on xbox and it seems to be the same with other games non of them run 1080p on xbox so why pay extra for the xbox when the ps4 is cheaper and runs 1080p :/
Jayx000 6 months ago
jay titanfall isn't coming to ps4
JoeToots 6 months ago
Whether I enjoy this game or not it won't be because of the resolutions/pixel count. What made me laugh last night is OXM reported that Wolfstein on Xbox One will run at 1080p/60fps, the Sony camp jumped all over it saying "Game looks crap anyway" lol. There's so many games I'm looking forward to on Xbox One, Wii U, PS4 and I really couldn't careless what the resolutions are, trouble is wherever you look ( Shopto are no better, here and on Twitter ) it's all that seems to matter to "some" ... Getting back to Titanfall, loads of Sony fanboys are saying it would run better on the PS4, well no doubt it would look better, no denying that but Respawn have just come out and said that PS4 hasn't got the online structure ( I guess meaning no Cloud/Azure servers yet ) to run a game like this, I'd be more concerned about hearing this than worrying about having the best pixel count.
Old Timer 6 months ago
wow what a surprise. (nope) the 60fps and 900p are good enough for me! even though we NEVER see the 900p, as it is upscaled to 1080 anyways, and that is one place the xbox is better than the Ps4. the scaler is so much better.
Im Going Space 6 months ago
Don't see why people moan about stories like this. It's news, people are interested. To me I'm not fussed but there are people who care. I'm not gonna not post a negative story just cause it might upset some people. We are about the truth around here.
Joe Anderson (Editor) 6 months ago
too right joe.
Im Going Space 6 months ago
ah the amazing facebook comments as always.
Im Going Space 6 months ago
@ Joe ... I don't think most are moaning as such, well maybe a few but the way I look at it is, in around 2 weeks I expect to see 99% of my XB1 friends list playing Titanfall and I doubt any of them will be sitting there counting the pixels, it will be all about the gameplay good or bad. I do think though it is a shame that most places you look, people don't want to talk about the 'actual' games, it's all about resolutions, which one looks best, I guess though if sites want the hits they will keep stoking the fire.
Old Timer 6 months ago
Can't help but wonder if Sony is on the other end of all of these bad publicity towards the Xbox One. All the articles read how PS4 runs at 1080p/60 and Xbox one is lucky if it can managed 900p/60. Sony has been getting all the good press recently. Not against it as I'm 100% behind PS4/PC but it does make me wonder...
hero9989 6 months ago
I like all the news that you tell us about Joe regardless if its good or bad so keep the news coming. I'm a bit of a graphics got to be good chap when it comes to gaming but I was honestly surprised at how good titanfall looked in the beta so any thing better is a bonus.
pendulum1234 6 months ago
hero read the first line of the article, the makers of the game itself (which is an xbox1 exclusive) have confirmed this themselves. No one else was behind it
RTLF 6 months ago
I'm not moaning i was having a joke
JoeToots 6 months ago
well ps4 or pc it is then, personally tried it on my pc and it was ok. i'm not great at online shooters so i prefer single player games i never usually buy a game anyways because of multiplayer. maybe once it's been out and i see more reviews on the game i'll consider a purchases but not form the origin platform and they're inflated prices though. enjoy the game all who jump ship.
Neil 6 months ago
@hero9989 did Sony build the Xbox One? how has XB1 not having the same power anything but a MS issue
Skiba 6 months ago
@hero9989 ... Sure I believe Sony are at the end of a lot of Xbox One bad publicity but I don't think it's anything that we haven't seen from Microsoft or any other company. Don't get me wrong I love my PS4, it's got some great games and even better looking ones on the way but like a few more have been saying over the last week or so, I think we will see Sony making sure this resolution debate stays in the headlines as much as possible, especially in the coming weeks, maybe to take the focus of their shortcomings? What I mean is, just recently Respawn have more or less said that Titanfall couldn't really be done on the PS4 because Sony just haven't got the online structure to cope, apparently Eurogamer, Console Monster have articles coming in the next week or so saying games like Destiny, The Division ( online only games ) will have the better experience for XB1 players. As I said, I love the PS4 but I don't believe for a second it's this "almighty beast" that will end the XB1, I'd even go as far as to say as others are starting to, that over the next 6-12 months the tide might just be turning if only a little.
Old Timer 6 months ago
@Old Timer, Online structure to deal with what exactly? 6v6 online? Killzone smoothly runs 24 player matches and I hear BF4 runs 64, both on PS4. Any chance you can elaborate on these so-called limitations to the online structure which runs matches as big as these?
RTLF 6 months ago
@ImGoingSpace titanfall 1 isn't coming to PS4, correct, but titanfall 2 will be. zampella said over twitter that only titanfall 1 is exclusive to xbox one and pc.
Ashley 6 months ago
It isn't about Resolution & FPS, it is about the fact that you are paying for a "Next-Gen" console and it can't even handle what has been standard on PC for years
Loli-Nox-Tan 6 months ago
@Old Timer it really a shame that you think your typing reality when all your doing is spreading lies & crap.
Skiba 6 months ago
Keep preaching Nox :)
RTLF 6 months ago
ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE WRONG AND I AM RIGHT. PC MASTER RACE!
Loli-Nox-Tan 6 months ago
i want to see a Wii U run battlefield 4 in 1080 @ 60fps.
Im Going Space 6 months ago
PC ppffff more like Gizmondo Master Race
Bindiana 6 months ago
wii U master race!!! wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!wii U master race!!!
JoeToots 6 months ago
i joke, but i reckon the controller would be cracking for commander mode.
Im Going Space 6 months ago
naa Wii U sucks.
JoeToots 6 months ago
@ RTLF ... Not what "I've" said, Respawn themselves, it's all there to read on their Official forums. From what I read though, they wasn't talking about the number of players but how the Cloud/Azure servers will work in time for the games AI, I think unless I'm mistaken a bit like how Cloud/Drivatar works with Forza 5. Again, it's not "me" that has said this but Respawn themselves, just passing on what I've read .... @ Skiba, like I just said to RTLF, I'm passing on what I've read, from Respawn themselves, Console Monster and Eurogamer on Twitter regarding forthcoming articles on games like Destiny, don't take my word for it, go read it for yourself and you might not get so uptight and butt hurt over it all lol ;-)
Old Timer 6 months ago
You suck
Loli-Nox-Tan 6 months ago
I might suck nox but it will not change the fact the wii U sucks.
JoeToots 6 months ago
Here's this brilliant Cloud we keep hearing so much shit about. I think Cloud is something they want to get into peoples head sorta like the EA handicap on fifa..
JoeToots 6 months ago
did anyone ever figure out what cloud powered ever was it was kinda a buzz word nobody could really explain.
Bindiana 6 months ago
It seems Titanfall was made integrated into Microsoft's system for servers/online resources and they can't take out that Microsoft dependence without stripping it down to bare bones and building up again from scratch - which just isn't worth it. Assuming they make a second game it sounds like they plan on making the core of the game system Independent from third parties so they can go full multiplatform
ASC 6 months ago
Cloud doesn't exsist.
JoeToots 6 months ago
@ A SC ... Do you post on the Respawn forums? as I see someone more or less say the same over there, "integrated in Microsoft's system" .... lol.... Another interesting debate over there at the moment is about the possibility of Titanfall 2, now if the first game is as successful as some think it will be, no doubt will we see a few more, my guess is though, with Microsoft's deep pockets they will make sure it stays on MS platforms by waving around a lot of £$£$£$£$£.
Old Timer 6 months ago
From the way Respawn reacted, and the way that EA like money, Titanfall will have to be a MASSIVE success for Microsoft to chuck more money at a sequel. They are counting on this being big really. If the game is good, but not great in the games department, then the second one will for sure come to the PS4.
DynamiteWhyte 6 months ago
Never been on respawns forums. When it comes to online/serverside systems its not about hardware, but proprietary software and services. If you make a game which relies on microsoft service, you can't put it on ps4. Apart from some indies with limited budget, usually companies will make the core of their game either run on their own servers, or at least be able to set up on different servers so they can take the games true multiplatform. Also i'm sure I read something about any Titanfall sequels being multiplatform if they are made -though it may have been an article sourcing from twitter posts by devs.
ASC 6 months ago
Aye the Articles about T2 were mainly about how Respawn's Zampella or the other one was upset about how they had just found out, and when people were writing to them they were hoping any future one would be able to be played on PS4 too. But considering EA is basically in charge here, nothing is certain.
DynamiteWhyte 6 months ago
Online games being lower quality does not matter too much - when you are playing online with others having fun these things are so unimportant. If playing a single player game or any game by yourself then you take more notice of the lag, bugs etc Star Wars Galxaies was limited to 30FPS for most of its life then they removed the cap and was able to run up to 60FPS. In online games the game has to cater for other players being on screen and the more players there are slows the games down and you do not always get the full 60FPS anyway.
superniceguy 6 months ago
course it matters atony
JoeToots 6 months ago
Tony while I agree it does not matter too much you are missing the point. The Xbone is meant to be a "Next-Gen" console but is actual fact it isn't that much better than the PS3
Loli-Nox-Tan 6 months ago
While I'd agree that consistency is more important than visual quality on a online game, Its frustrating whenever I hear a 'next-gen' console being unable to meet a level that has been PC standard for years - and remember they have been predicting a 10 year cycle for this console gen, if they can't meet the standard performance benchmark at the start of that what will things be like in a few years.
ASC 6 months ago
It is only because the devs have not got to grips with it yet. Battlefield 4 (or Call of Duty I can not remember which) was 60FPS on PS4 but comments stated it did not run too smoothly. Most of these game that less on Xbox ONE are also ports from Xbox 360 / PS3, and Titanfall is an online only game. Wolfenstein The New Order is not affected. Once devs get to grips with the Xbox ONE these issues will get less and less. My point is that SWG was updated from 30FPS to 60FPS with an update, all it is is down to software preference by the developers. Titanfall may be able to be updated to 1080P later too.
superniceguy 6 months ago
*Facepalm" Star Wars Galaxies was a PC MMO and on PC you can just go into the INI files to change the settings on games, which includes FPS but you wouldn't really do that with a MMO since the online would be split between 30FPS player & 60FPS players. Also it is down to Hardware as well since some PC's could probably barely run the game at 30FPS but after the Update to 60FPS those PC's couldn't run the game
Loli-Nox-Tan 6 months ago
Haha.u ps fanboys make me laugh.a bit of jealousy I reckon coz a very good new big name game is about to be released on xbone.I own both consoles and have played all the big games on both,my ps4 is more powerfull but ryse (admittedlypoor game)is easily the best looking game followed by forza.ryse is only 900p. I've played my ps4 a lot of hours and love it.but the best games for me upto now I've played is titanfall(easily as well)and forza.(trine on ps4 in 3d comes close and resogun)they're both class consoles.seems a lot of u don't like the xbone getting a bit of attention at the moment
LONIA 6 months ago
Yea, I'm jealous of the fact that the Xbox is getting Titanfall & my PC isn't ........ Oh wait
Loli-Nox-Tan 6 months ago
The devs who have spoken up have said that they think they can do 1080/60 on xbox once they get to grips with the system and find all the 'tricks' to squeeze all the needed data into the graphical memory - but they shouldn't be needing these sort of tricks just to reach the graphical standard at the start of the cycle. They also won't be updating resolution post release - without upgraded hardware it would take rewriting key sections of the graphics rendering - don't think any game has every gone that far in an update - more efficient to just make a sequel. I'm sure most people will never notice the difference with these resolution issues and it will surely have good/great games , I just can't find any justification for having hardware limitations on a new console which make it so hard to just reach the current standard as there will be no room for growth in the future
ASC 6 months ago
THE POWER OF THE CLOUD:)
LONIA 6 months ago
Apparently 1080P/60FPS isn't the standard though & shouldn't be the standard for this Gen, at least according to some people on the Inter-webs
Loli-Nox-Tan 6 months ago
LONIA go suck a fat one
JoeToots 6 months ago
The power of the Cloud compels you
Loli-Nox-Tan 6 months ago
Haha.a fat one
LONIA 6 months ago
You can't say one system is more powerful than another from exclusive games, its the disparity in multiplats that tells anything. And as ive said before, 30fps looks more 'cinematic' than 60fps. When you factor in the performance gains, its quite obvious why they would choose to target 30fps.
beeje13 6 months ago
Is this an argument against 60FPS? I can't tell
Loli-Nox-Tan 6 months ago
Not sure what you are going on about with SWG. If people were found modding SWG they would be banned, but the developers did officially change the game to run at 60FPS, and did not see any people say they could not run the game afterwards. The point is the game could run at 60FPS but the devs probably thought it best run at 30FPS because the poor game code would show up more, the game was a buggy mess. I think this article says what I am trying to say better - http://www.gamepur.com/news/13787-xbox-one-fully-supports-1080p60fps-cant-measure-console-power-pixels-and-po.html The developers choose what is best but maybe they should add in an option so gamers can choose what they want if that is at all possible?
superniceguy 6 months ago
it cost almost 50 quid a game now..... yea it should be 1080p as well as fun
pricee 6 months ago
While I do agree that they should be 1080p for next gen, personally for me I feel that the next gen games aren't about having fancy graphics they are about doing things that could not be done on the previous gen while yes this does go to graphics as well I want more gameplay that couldnt be done before. Thats why I feel a little let down by the Wii U while I enjoy the games just now and looking forward to Super smash bros the gamepad just has not really done anything great yet it has the potential and hopefully something will be done soon.
Zombieflamingo 6 months ago
Tony what I said about SWG was to make a point that it is about Hardware
Loli-Nox-Tan 6 months ago