Rumour: Titanfall gets new map details; new gameplay details *update* Achievement list appears

Update: The Achievements for Titanfall have appeared on the internet, confirming that the Capture the Flag and Pilot Hunter Modes are indeed real. While Generations also appears to be confirmed.

We aren't going to post the achievements here, however if you are interested you can see them here.

Original: A whole load of new information for Titanfall has appeared on the internet, which includes screenshots and top down views of the alleged 15 maps which will be included at the launch of the game.

All of the following information should be taken as rumour, however with Respawn and EA failing to provide us with information at all so far, the fact that these images seem quite genuine seems a little fishy to us (perhaps it's all part of an elaborate marketing ploy to build the hype even more).

Anyway, as well as the images above, five games modes were listed:

- Attrition
- Capture the Flag
- Hardpoint Domination
- Last Titan Standing
- Pilot Hunter

Apparently, Pilot Hunter sees each team fighting to reach a score limit, with each pilot kill being worth one point.

The leaker also says that, in all, there are nine multiplayer campaign matches available (there is NO single player campaign). Each campaign is said to include five Attrition and five Hardpoint games, with a story told through pre-match briefings and conversation in levels. Information given says that there will be some surprises here to set the multiplayer campaign apart from the standard matches.

Maps were also included within the leak, and are said to include ziplines, which can be traversed in both directions, as well as heavy turrets that are there to take down Titans.

In all nine maps were listed, although there are apparently 15 in the full game.

- Lagoon
- Colony
- Outpost 207
- Demeter
- Nexus
- Colony 2
- Airbase
- Relic
- Fracture

Titanfall arrives on March 14 in the UK. The Xbox 360 version is due a few weeks later. You can pre-order below.

Edited On 03 Mar, 2014

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Where's all the dinosaurs?
Sierra B293's avatar
Sierra B293 3 years ago
I'm sensing some hostility towards Titanfall... Anyway, can't wait to see how the multiplayer campsign pans out.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Sierra i hope you're not directing that at me.
pendulum1234's avatar
pendulum1234 3 years ago
I was hoping for some kind of co-op game mode (like in bf3) But not to worry still looking forward to this game.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
I still can't believe EA are charging £40-£50 for a release like this. No single player component of any kind... unplayable offline... It's shocking. Should be a £20 download only release at most like similar releases on 360 (eg. Counterstrike GO, Monday Night Combat, etc).
Neil 3 years ago
Such a dissapointment, i'm not the greatets at fps but i do enjoy them in singleplayer. :-( i tried online gaming before in mw3 and i had a breif run on the titanfall beta and not much fun when your havng insta deths and cosntnatly being snipped :-( i have a feeling they choose this route also though to combat piracy since it's online only there is no chance of them loosing out the the sea lovers. ARRRGH! Maybe once this is on sale for the pc i'll pick it up because i can't see me playing it much if i can't get any fun out of it , way to go ea , to alienate people that do not enjoy online gaming or maybe do not have an internet connection or one good enough.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
I would have loved to see some sort of campaign in Titanfall or even a co-op mode. Personally though I have no problem paying full price for a MP only title, for me it's no different paying £50 for a SP only title and chances are this will last longer than most SP games anyway.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
achievements look bog standard for an all online game
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
That's one thing that doesn't interest me these days, achievements/trophies on any game. I never look at them, don't even look at them when I see them pop up on screen lol
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I agree with Old Timer, I don't see an issue with paying full price for a MP only game as it's the same for single player games. Also did they not say that it's to do with the stats of their previous games where you look at the amount of people that play multiplayer compared to the amount that play the single player with very few of them that do actually finishing it.
The minority of people that buy COD & Battlefield just go straight to Multiplayer, hell even some Halo players never play the campaign
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It's strange though as there are some games that get slated for tacking on multiplayer so it makes sense the other way around why should a multiplayer game have a tacked on single player. Like Battlefield 3 for example (not played the single player in 4 yet) that campaign was terrible but people really just bought it for the multiplayer. I really hope they make another Bad company as that had a good single player and multiplayer. Also heres the comment I was referring to them making http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/24/why-titanfall-has-no-single-player-campaign
Everyone should already know why it doesn't have a Single Player & would you not rather they put all their resource into MP instead of tacking on a SP that 99% of people wouldn't even play?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
i agree and 15 maps is a decent amount of maps to get started on as well. Im intrigued to see how they add the sort of story elements into it though.
Battlefield didn't have have a SP component at first
It is just wasted resources unless you have a world filled with lore like Halo
No one complains that Counterstrike has no SP (Well Half-Life is the SP technically)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I think a lot of the complaints are coming just because it's seen as an exclusive for the xbox one even though it's on PC as well. Granted if you are not into multiplier then it's not the game for you.
I'll give it a go once I can get an Origin download cheap, not paying full price for something I only have a passing interest in
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
@Nox I agree with most of your points, just not with the part about 99% of people not playing the SP campaign of Titanfall if they bothered to make one. This might be close to the truth with Cod and BF games these days but thats because there's so many of them, there are new Cod's every year and they never do anything different or interesting with the campaign section hence why people now tend to go straight to the MP. Titanfall is a new IP however and has the whole mech thing etc. so I think a hell of a lot of people would check out the SP campaign to experience the Titanfall universe and story etc.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It just depends on the people I suppose I have a few friends that don't play the single player at all for any game and then ones that don't even touch the multiplayer. I really enjoyed what I played of the beta and it does seem like a really solid game.
Yeah I agree a lot more people would try the SP but then again Titanfall shares the same target audience as COD & Battlefield
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Cod and battlefield campaigns are shite that's why no one plays them it's not down to the fact that it is multiplayer bought. Ask a hardcore Cod fan the story of the first CODs back up to about MW2 i bet they can tell you what happened it's just that they got worse and worse.
Black Ops had quite a good campaign (Never played 2)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Black ops 2 was a lot better than the first one, they done quite well with the choices in the missions without making them actually feel like you have to choose A or B. I might be the only one but I would like to see another WW2 shooter could you imagine how good the whole beach landings would look now.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
That's my point once you've played one cod you've played them all.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
and that was kind of my point
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
as in Titanfall is a new ip so people would want to experience the capaign
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
For me MW1 had a great campaign, MW2 was good too but then it went downhill
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
New it was My opinion MY opinion and again MY opinon
MW2 only had one stand out moment for me & that was when you were running away from the Estate & (Spoilers!) Ghost dies
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
Yea sorry, Ur opinion yea, Ur opinion!
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
My fav MW campaign segment ever was the ghillie suit level on MW1
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
see atleast we clarified that But i have to agree with Ur Opinion on the best segment of MW
beeje13's avatar
beeje13 3 years ago
From a PS4 owner, I hope everyone who is buying this game has fun and the online infrastructure holds up for you all! I have to wait another week for my game (infamous).