PS Plus will get 'AAA' titles later this year, says insider

Sony's PlayStation 4?s free PS Plus offerings will consist of larger 'AAA' titles later this year, once the console has had a chance to build up a catalogue of games.

Titles that have hit the service so far include the likes of Contrast, Resogun, Outlast and Dead Nation, which based on our own reviews are all very good games, however gamers want more and according to industry insider Ahsan Rasheed and an alleged conversation with Sony, gamers will get what they want later this year.

"Just expressed my frustration to a Sony guy high up in the food chain with the current state of PS4. Lack of games, transparency, + features, he said."

"I'm told "Good stuff is coming, be patient this is the typical Sony cycle." I've also been told later this year PS Plus on PS4 will have AAA Games."

So what do you think of this news? Are you happy with the titles so far? We are certainly not complaining about the quality on offer and remember, if you own a Vita and PS3 you also get those titles for free too, but it seems some people are never happy.

Edited On 05 Mar, 2014

Comments
To quote Phil Fish: Gamers are the Worst F***ing People
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
Cant say im happy with the current content, i bought a brand new next gen console to play next gen quality games not last gen boring indie looking titles ,
scott 5 months ago
Example 1 ^
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
haha, he walked into that one...
RTLF 5 months ago
I'm with Scott. I should have had Assassin's Creed IV free on launch day along with COD, January was to give us the Lego Marvel games and February for Lego Movie. I wanted Thief this month too. Damn you PS+.
DynamiteWhyte 5 months ago
I'm not entirely sure what people were expecting to be honest. The console is still VERY new and so they aren't gonna be giving their current big hit titles away for free. Gamers do act over-privileged sometimes. If there's nothing for me then I don't mind. There will be later on. I still maintain that PS Plus is an excellent service. And the PS3 still has a large amount of games to come as well. Enjoy some of those while you wait. It's why I haven't got my PS4 yet.
FemmeFox 5 months ago
Tbh i thought it was pretty obvious that there would be a decline in quality when they made ps+ mandatory for online gaming.
JoeToots 5 months ago
Industry insider - Capt. Obvious.
Hymeleon 5 months ago
But Loli, Phil Fish is a pretentious childish idiot, who rage quit the industry and abandoned a highly anticipated game people were looking forward to just because he couldn't ignore/ rise above idiotic trolls on twitter. I totally agree that gamers are by far the most entitled, whiny group of people there is, but quoting Phil Fish isn't the best way to make your point. As for the AAA games, almost guaranteed Knack/Killzone will be the first. I'm not too fussed, I've had more fun with the indie games on PS+ than some of those "AAA" games people are clamoring to get on PS+. Will be nice to get bigger titles down the road, but people writing off the indie games are just narrowminded.
teddy1590 5 months ago
I agree with Teddy on this one Phil Fish did come across being a bit of a pillock although there was no need for people to be sending death threats and so on.
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago
I'm happy with the PS4+ content so far, mainly because every title was something I hadn't played before, and Outlast was an absolute gem to discover. I like it when they bring me titles that I enjoy that I might never have played otherwise. The trouble with AAA titles is that I've probably cleared them already. The only game to appear on PS3+ in the last 6 months that I'd not played before was Little Big Planet Karting, and that's because I really didn't want to. @Ted - I was going to say that games have to score 70+ on meta critic to be a plus title so hopefully we won't be getting Knack any time soon, but Contrast was less than that so who knows!?
Brain In A Jar 5 months ago
I would guess Killzone and Knack will be free in a couple months time.
Bindiana 5 months ago
Yeah, it just seemed totally unprofessional, quite selfish and spiteful of him to cancel Fez II. Don't get me wrong, the people who send death threats and abuse on twitter are the lowest of the low, but as a professional he should have just ignored it, by not using twitter if need be. It's the reason I don't use twitter and use facebook with max privacy settings (lol, "Privacy" on facebook) only for chatting with friends - There are far too many keyboard gangsters in the world I'd rather choose to ignore.
teddy1590 5 months ago
Honestly I'm always fed up of my PS+ comes around and I've already got the games most of the time =?
hanzoadam 5 months ago
@Brain In A Jar I totally agree, I bought most of the AAA titles at launch, so the indie games we're receiving now are a blessing to get me by until Infamous comes out. Hopefully when the AAA games start rolling out they're able to put out one AAA and one indie per month for PS4.
teddy1590 5 months ago
Also I'm not 100% sure they're keeping up that 70+ meta-critic rating. If they are, Contrast may have gotten through as technically it was a new release, so they released it on PS+ before the metascore became apparent. TBH, I kind of hope they relax it a bit, and maybe make it 60+. There are more than a few games in the 60-70 bracket on Metacritic I've had a blast playing.
teddy1590 5 months ago
When this happens, and gives games I want, I may get a PS4 then and not buy any games, just sub to PS plus and get whatever games they dish out free with it.
superniceguy 5 months ago
So people have gotten over £65 worth of PS4 games for the price of PS+ in 5 months and people are still complaining. Just no pleasing some people.
Bindiana 5 months ago
Tbh if I never knew better I would think Outlast is a AAA game. Shame a lot of people will never give games like those a look just because they are Indie
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
I have to say, I personally think PS+ offers great value for money. I've enjoyed quite a few of the titles I've got at no extra cost even though I wouldn't class any of them a "next gen" title.
Old Timer 5 months ago
I for one am very very happy with PS+ so far. I have gotten 3 games I probably wouldn't have played other wise (already have Outlast on Steam) and yes although it is a mandatory cost now as opposed to the PS3 what can people really expect? To get a 40-50 pound game for free every month for the price of one a year when the console has only been out 3 full months? Come the second half of the year ppl will start getting AAA games and other games but for now these "indie" games are brilliant (Resogun mostly). Think about every AAA title's company had to start of somewhere and their first games would have been "indie".
Richard 5 months ago
I don't really understand people complaining about the PS4 games that have been offered through plus. The console has only been out since the end of November 2013 and there isn't an awful lot of titles available for it. You get people on the blog wanting games that came out less than 3 weeks ago to be on sale. It's like the Gimme Cat in Final Fantasy. The only complaints I have with plus is I wish they would give us discounts on sale items the way US plus does. The US getting a third PS3 game doesn't really help matters either
Isome 5 months ago
@Old Timer, next gen has only been around for a few months, bit obvious you wont be getting next gen titles on ps+ yet, surely that's common sense...
RTLF 5 months ago
At least I've been getting regular free content from my PS4, unlike my X1. Still no GWG for it, & what they offer in terms of 360 content is largely a joke. Glad I didn't just get an X1 last year. I think the game i've played the most on it is Peggle 2, which IMO could have been a GWG title, along with Max, spartan assault & LocoCycle. MS dropped the ball with that one.
Daddy, Daddy's Cool 5 months ago
About time. I don't know, releasing a console with the promise of something to play and then giving us Contrast... I for one was let down by that, drive club "coming soon" it was the big draw for me, gutted to have to wait for the stripped down version. I have played more PC and PS3 since the PS4 came out that I did Jan to Nov last year. Sony dropped the ball, the bag the whole damn shooting match as far as I am concerned and the complete lack of anything to play just makes me wonder why they rushed out the release of the PS4...
lozsta 5 months ago
Indeed. It's nothing short of unacceptable that this 3 month old console isn't giving out £50 games for free already on a monthly basis already.
PrometheusFan 5 months ago