If you have purchased the latest Microsoft stereo headset then please be aware that you'll need to update your controller’s firmware.
- Open the battery compartment on the back of the controller and remove the batteries.
- Plug the Stereo Headset Adaptor into the bottom of your controller.
- Plug in a headset (a headset is required to be plugged in so the adaptor will turn on).
- Plug the big end of the included USB cable into the port on the side of the console.
- Plug the small end of the USB cable into the top of the controller.
- Instructions to install the update should automatically be displayed. Follow the instructions, and don’t disconnect the USB cable while the update is in progress.
- When the update is complete, unplug the USB cable and put the batteries back into your controller.
- Press the Xbox button on the Wireless Controller to turn it on. Your controller is now up-to-date, and you’re ready to use your Xbox One Stereo Headset Adaptor.
- Note: You only need to update your controller one time, but if you plan to use the Stereo Headset Adaptor with other Xbox One Controllers, you’ll need to do this process for each controller.