Xbox LIVE issues now resolved

Been having issues with Xbox LIVE sign in overnight? Then you'll be happy to know that the issues have been resolved.

For around five hours last night issues with Xbox LIVE meant that users could not access the service, although Microsoft believes it has now resolved the problem.

“Were you experiencing issues signing in to Xbox Live? We are very happy to say that our team has fixed the problem and the Live service is ready and waiting,” the Xbox Live status homepage notes.

“If you are experiencing any lingering issues, try a cold reboot of your Xbox by powering down, unplugging, waiting ten seconds, plugging back in and powering back on. Thanks for all your patience while our team was working.”

Apparently this was not a 'Titanfall' issue.

Edited On 12 Mar, 2014

Comments
Worked all night whilst playing BF4, then my internet started acting up, went off to play Tomb Raider and it wouldnt sign in (rebooted the box)
Im Going Space 6 months ago
Worked fine alnight for me, has anyone had confirmation of titanfall being processed or shipped yet, mine still in the pre orders.
SolidSnake 187 6 months ago
The guys at ShopTo said they have them and will be shipping them today. Expect to receive a confirmation of shipping email today (possibly tomorrow). They said it will arrive in time on release day.
Goose_1 6 months ago
Anyone who had issues with xbox one last night, make sure you complain to ms about it. They just sent me strider download code. Makes up for not being able to play my new titanfall last now night.
MrG 6 months ago
So much for the much touted robust stability offered by MS' Azure cloud service they'd been pushing in advertising for months now if it can't handle the release of a single big game at a point where the console's install base is miniscule. Imagine when a major release happens when there are 20 million Xbones out there. Shit... even imagine how much worse this would have been if the 360 version of Titanfall wasn't pushed back a couple of weeks! Unacceptable situation for a console and game that literally can't even be used without an internet connection to the online service imo.
PrometheusFan 6 months ago
MrG. How did you contact Microsoft? It seems that they don't like you contacting them through good old fashioned emails anymore? Do you have to phone then to complain? Many thanks
Marc 6 months ago
Does anyone no if shopto have got the titanfall bundles in yet not seen anything about it
Penny 6 months ago
I slightly agree with you prometheusfan but it shouldn't matter about how much they went on about there servers it shouldn't happen to any of the online services be it Microsoft, Nintendo or Sony. However it does happen to them all it is just one of these things that will happen to them all whether it is a big game launch, console launch or even just a random bug it has happened to them all and will no doubt happen again.
Zombieflamingo 6 months ago
Microsoft are the only one of those companies that was actively promoting the stability and consistancey of their online network in order to sell a new console in recent months though, and they're also the only ones that make you pay a subscription fee JUST to access that network in any way in the first place. It's actually far less acceptable for them to let something like this happen than it would be for either Nintendo or Sony.
PrometheusFan 6 months ago
Any service you have to pay for should be reliable, this is no different from the PSN maintenance the other night that stopped paying PS+ users from playing.
Gloria 6 months ago
The only one that I would say is acceptable is Nintendo as that has no form of subscription at all. With the PS4 the PSN was down on launch day and myself and many others couldn't even log in.
Zombieflamingo 6 months ago
Difference is though, a PS4 and any currently available title can still be played without an online connection regardless, and a couple of hours maintenance (Which is the most I've seen happen on PSN since the PS4 came out) isn't really the same as the network being essentially unusable on a day when a lot of people bought Xbox Ones and/or Titanfall only to find neither game nor console actually function in any way without an online connection. It's not acceptable from anyone, that obviously goes without saying, but the scenario yesterday really was just appalling. Oh, and btw, it's not "acceptable" if Nintendo's network goes down, it's just that it makes no difference, seeing as pretty much nothing released on their consoles even has online multiplayer anymore.
PrometheusFan 6 months ago
i had no issue playing any games offline... thing is you buy an online only game, its gonna be affected by downtime. no MP game i can think of in recent times has launched without server issues.
Im Going Space 6 months ago
I don't see how live going down for a few hours when Titanfall is out is different than the PSN being down for a few hours when it first came out, I agree that maintenance is different though as they do give notice for that. Also the playstation does have titles that can only be played while the PSN is up like DC universe, Warframe, Warthunder and that shooter that I cant remember the name of granted they are free to play titles but you can still spend money and time on them and can only play when the PSN is up ( i know you dont need + for them but thats not the issue) Also you could still play it offline.
Zombieflamingo 6 months ago
what is happening?!? SOMEONE IS TALKING SENSE ON THE INTERNET
Im Going Space 6 months ago
The internet is going to break. It's just like dividing by zero.
Zombieflamingo 6 months ago
Live going down for a few hours when Titanfall is out is different than the PSN being down for a few hours when it first came out because one is run by MS and the other by Sony, and we all know which ones arse kevin has his head stuck up.
Gloria 6 months ago
Anyone had Titanfall dispatched yet?
Kenneth 6 months ago
Problems happen. Virgin Media was having a few problems last month on a couple of weekends when it was the elder scrolls beta and the dilithium bonus event weekend in STO, and I could not do much of either event as kept losing connection, and annoyed me. Live being down last night did not bother me, as did not use my xbox last night, but usually these things are good, as when the cloud saves failed on xbox 360 sometime last year, MS added 1 month to everyone, and I was not even affected then either, as was not xbox again. I have been pretty lucky as everytime xbox goes down, I am not on it! The other good thing about Xbox Live is that it does not go down for maintenance, like PSN, so the odd failure here and there is no biggie, especially when they give out free months, games etc
superniceguy 6 months ago
When is Titanfall despatching?
Ben 6 months ago
Still in pre-orders for me would love it a day early ha
Moira 6 months ago
Yeah me too - unfortunately don't look like we're getting this one early :(
Ben 6 months ago
Could be getting dispatched you never know just might not update system until tomorrow
Moira 6 months ago
Not looking good ;(
Ben 6 months ago
There was a message saying all titanfall xbox one/PC pre orders are getting dispatched today oh well never mind lol! If your playing on xbox one feel free to add my gamertag: jaacko x
Moira 6 months ago
Yeah mine shipped today - I spoke to them and were held back from early release by EA. Cool I will add you when I get on tomorrow :)
Ben 6 months ago
we don't seem to get games early anymore :( my m8 got titan off another site and he got it today.
nehs 6 months ago
Glad i canceled mine last night, if their sending them out today i might not have got it tomorrow, happened with black ops 2, got it day after release, but at least they said then they could'nt send them out untill day before, they kept quiet about this one. Gonna download it at midnight instead. This company is going right downhill with its high prices and changing the rewards scheme, its a shame.
SolidSnake 187 6 months ago
I remember the days when I regularly had games early, always before release. Annoying thing is how US release on a Tuesday and UK are held back till Friday. Not sure who else to use, amazon are poor for me as they use their own logistic company and always have games delivered as late as 9pm on release day! What site did your mate use?
Ben 6 months ago
Id like to switch to digital download, but trouble is the price - it should be cheaper than physical disc! Plus I really think the X1 should of had a larger hard drive - I'm already at 65% used!
Ben 6 months ago
games k
nehs 6 months ago
yeah should be £25 for all digtail downloads because you get no case book or cover then i would go that way :)
nehs 6 months ago