Monday Chat: March 31

It's Monday, so what did you get up to over the weekend? What games did you play?

We've not really been playing much for review, since new releases have dried up for now, so titles such as inFamous Son have been getting our attention.

What about you?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 31 Mar, 2014

Comments
JoeToots 3 years ago
I didn't take fifa out of my disk tray this weekend also played 10 mins of titanfall.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 3 years ago
Layton vs Wright got some attention since I was at a con all weekend. And Streetpass stuff. I Streetpassed Kyle Hebert people! for the uncultured of you, he is the narrator for Dragonball Z, Adult Gohan, Frederick (Fire Emblem) Ryu (Street Fighter/Wreck it Ralph) and also voices some people in Titanfall if you like that. Also completed the holy trilogy by finally acquiring a physical copy of Mother 3. Let the good times roll.
Completed South Park over the weekend, pretty average game really, I enjoyed it more for the fan service than the actual gameplay, not sure I can be bothered with another playthough to get more achievements.
JoeToots 3 years ago
Joe the watch dogs release date is really throwing me! i know it's not unusual to have a big game release on a tuesday but isn't it strangwe that tuesday being the day after a bank holiday with the post and everything?
I always thought Tuesday was a stupid day to release a game on, especially when it's a big release and you get loads of people saying they're going to take days off, why not just release on a Friday then most people automatically have some days off to play the game.
JoeToots 3 years ago
I agree! i wouldn't even mind waiting a few more days if it released on the friday.
It's all about the first weeks sales figures.
Games typically release on Tuesday in North America and Ubi want a Worldwide release for Watch Dogs
JoeToots 3 years ago
so we get fucked over by the bank holiday if we order it online basically?
Basically. Now if you went for a PC instead of a Xbox you would be able to pre-load the game during the weekend
JoeToots 3 years ago
It's no issue really Nox as i'm in work on the tuesday and work 2 mins away from tescos and game.
Traitor
MrG's avatar
MrG 3 years ago
I played titanfall and bf4 over the weekend, also finished second son which I enjoyed but wish it was longer, took me 8 hours and 89% done. Gloria it's nice to see and female gamer so commited to gaming, what's your gamertag? New fifa world cup demo tues be interesting to see how it plays and looks, not sure if I can go back to fifa on the 360
I don't think I played anything during the weekend bar some Smash Bros Brawl. Spent most of my time watching Sword Art Online, Btooom, Strike the Blood, NCIS:LA & rearranging my collection
JoeToots 3 years ago
I'm building up abit of a small collection :P
MrG her gamertag is FkDaSystemBro
Anyone here used a Dell UltraSharp U2414H? Thinking about getting one (or two) http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H3JIGHA
JoeToots 3 years ago
i'd honestly get two of these instead mate http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EC82URC
michael 3 years ago
MRG your a obviously new to the site Gloria is a nintendo gamer dont take it for granted not everyone has a friggin xbone
JoeToots 3 years ago
Michael you're also obviously not that clued up on the subject of Gloria as she also owns a xbox 360 hence infact she does have a x360 but i'm also going to defend her a little here in saying that just because she has a wii-u doesn't make her a nintendo gamer infact she's just a regular gamer like me and you and when something 'next gen' intrests here i'm sure she'll be on the next gen.
Wii U is next-gen. Toots I know it was a joke but to be serious for a momment anything 4K right now is a waste of money since nothing supports it
Oh and Michael don't listen to Toots, he is also a Nintendo Gamer
JoeToots 3 years ago
ohh i've just realised who michael is haha, he is worse than me and assassin for buying and selling stuff!
JoeToots 3 years ago
paypal are doing my head in! it's coming up to the end of the financial year so they keep hold of your money to try make there profits look better.
MrG, if you want my gamertag you can find it in the Gamer ID thread, I don't play Xbox online any more though as sexual innuendo and male supremacy from 12 year old virgins got real old. I also find you very patronizing, especially as you were essentially calling me a liar just a few days ago, you have no idea how committed to gaming I am, I was a first generation gamer, when everything was black and white and pixels were the size of a sugar cube, and I was the original girl gamer, i held the high scores on half the games in my local arcade, and a national high score on a home game, I was gaming before most gamers were even born these days, and if you're trying to chat me up, forget about it, I'm probably old enough to be your mother.
schooled.
michael 3 years ago
thats right toots the LYR1CAL one
Never go up against Gloria
You're LOOP now.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Got a couple hours in on Infamous thats all I managed this weekend by the end of April I might of finished it ha.
JoeToots 3 years ago
what game should i play tonight guys on my dust collecting shelf i have dead rising 3 ryse rayman legends plants vs zombies AC4 and ground zeroes?
ZombiU
michael 3 years ago
dont bother with ryse joe its bloody awful loooks nice plays like a bag of shite
MrG's avatar
MrG 3 years ago
Gloria what's your problem? Please share on here where you get mgs ground zero for £9 and south park for £15, seems far to good to be true. But if true I apologise I meant know harm, but share as that's amazing prices. I've been gaming since 1985, as not hitting on you. Why so paranoid?
I already said, Ebay, used nectar points on there got Ground Zeroes for £8.89, then sold it for £23, and picked up South Park for the same £23.
JoeToots 3 years ago
i've got it so may aswell play it
JoeToots 3 years ago
i'm doing well so far i haven't sold a single game! probably because if you want cash GAME give you f all and me and eBay don't agree.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
had a clearout over the last 5 days, sold all my snes gamecube and n64 stuff, made over 1000 quid, quite chuffed, turns out some stuff was valuable, played a bit of infamous and watched some stargate sg1
ocelot_johno's avatar
ocelot_johno 3 years ago
@ jay.hamilton. Also had a partial clear out over the week end. Got rid of some of my Collector's Editions. Made just over £500. Sold a Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind CE for £200 as well. Was well made up. Local Cash Generator are selling XB1 consoles with a game for £285 (some of them are day one edition's as well) so I might treat my self to one. Got a PS4 and have also been playing Infamous which is a great game. But will use the XB1 for exclusives.
I wish I could bring myself to get rid of some of my stuff but I just can't do it
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
I had to, ive simply had no room for everything, all my stuff was boxed and mint and a lot, and it wasnt going in the loft so thought someone else can enjoy them, pre ordered and paid a few more future games rest im treating me, the wife and kids