Gearbox Software could announce latest game this year

Gearbox Software is suggesting that it will announce its latest game this year.

Speaking via Twitter, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford said the studio has something in the works for PS4 and Xbox One.

It's thought that the game in question could be a new Brothers in Arms, although Pitchford has said previously that his studio is working on at least two new IPs for next-generation consoles.

Would you like to see a new IP from Gearbox?

Edited On 02 Apr, 2014

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I'd like to see a new IP but a new brothers in arms would go down well with me.
Borderlands 3 or GTFO ;)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
What happened to Brothers in Arms Furious 4 did it just get cancelled?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Colonial marines 2 cant wait :) I hope if they do make another Brothers in arms it will be like the previous one and not like the furious 4 trailer which while it didnt look bad just didnt seem like a Brothers in arms game. Borderlands 3 would be nice though I dont think we will see that for a while.
Duke or nothing
welshgangsta's avatar
welshgangsta 3 years ago
OMG Borderlands 3 would be so damn good on next gen.
or it would just be like Borderlands on PC, just saying
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 3 years ago
Borderlands 3, with a asdfaabhdflablfbqaefbqevfILLION gnus
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Nox you say that as though the PC version has more stuff in it than the console version rather than just better graphics so I don't see how a new one would be similar.
Maybe it is just cos I don't like Borderlands but I don't see what they could improve. The guns will stay the same, every enemy will still be a sponge, the only thing that would change is the environment and it would run better (PC version already does that)
Also there isn't guarantee that a new Borderlands will have more stuff than it already has. It will just be more of the same & a bit prettier than the other ones. Also Borderlands doesn't look that much better on PC anyway since it have more of a universal artstyle
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
As long as they improve on as much as they did between the first and the second one then I will be happy.
I'll be surprised if that can do that level of improvement again
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 3 years ago
Randfy oh Randy just go fu(< yourself you sir just have to be the gaming industrys biggest tw@t!!!! Couldnt give a remote fu(< what your doing less unless it involves you driving you and your car straight into a wall!!!!! Newsflash people this guy Randy and Gearbox make 5h!t games bog standard at best
Somebody's still got a stick up their butt about the Duke, or Aliens.
That's a bit too far
Also I though Duke was good
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I feel that anyone that wishes harm on someone over something as silly as a game deserves it themselves. The majority of the gearbox games I have played I have enjoyed I don't feel that they should take the blame for Duke but they really dropped the ball with Aliens.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I agree Nox I thought it was pretty fun for what it was but it was never going to live up to peoples expectations.
Gearbox just picked up the pieces with Duke Nukem Forever so they can't really be blamed for that but Aliens was a blatant bait & switch. Part of me still thinks they released the wrong code, lol
I actually loved the Duke too, and Aliens really, I've played far worse games that have got higher critical acclaim.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
The main problem with Aliens was the major difference between what was shown and what was released. The multiplayer survival mode was pretty fun.
The whole game was pretty OK, it served up some major fan service in to an average game, you can't really expect more than that, next Alien game is looking better on the gameplay front, but it's fucking over cannon, which is worse in my eyes.