DOOM beta set for PS4, Xbox One and PC

Folk who preorder next month's Wolfenstein will gain access to id's next title in the legendary horror series, Doom. But Bethesda has confirmed that the beta will be exclusive to the new generation even though PS3 & Xbox 360 preorders include beta access.

Customers who preorder the game on either the Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 will be offered beta access for their respective next generation console.

"DOOM beta access correlates to your pre-ordered Wolfenstein: The New Order platform," Bethesda wrote on the game's official website. "If you purchase an Xbox 360 or Xbox One version of Wolfenstein: The New Order, you will receive an invitation to the Xbox One DOOM beta. PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4 purchasers will receive an invite to the PS4 DOOM beta. All PC purchases will receive an invite to the PC DOOM beta."

You can preorder Wolfenstein: The New Order today from Shopto!

Edited On 04 Apr, 2014

Comments
That's a bit shit, probably won't bother with it now, unless I get a new console before the Doom beta, that's looking unlikely right now though.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Its sort of good that they are giving it to the people that buy the 360/ PS3 version though it is rubbish that the beta is only for the one/PS4 and PC which I assume means it may not come out on the other ones.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 3 years ago
This is great news, they've basically just confirmed that the future doom is only on current gen console (xbox one and ps4) and PC, it's about time developers started making current gen titles only instead of catering to last gen gamers, if your really a gamer then you'll get a current gen console weather it's a ps4, xbox one or both.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 3 years ago
Oh and if it's a money problem for people not being able to afford a current gen console then here's something the xbox one and playstation 4 was announced over a year ago so even if ya just a £10 to a side every week, that's still at least £500 over a year so there is no excuse and if ya can't afford £10 aweek then ya really need to sort your money situation out. So yeah current gen games bring em on.
Moneys not a problem, I have plenty in the back to buy either or even both, lack of games is though, not spending that much on a console with hardly any games. Besides, I already have a current gen console.
MARTYN 3 years ago
I agree with Gloria,not enough games for next gen yet,all the wise gamers have stuck with the 360,ridiculous savings everywhere now on XBOX live!,Patience is a virtue!
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
the way i see it, if youve played all the good games on 360 and ps3, then the release schedule for games is now levelled on old and new gen, only difference is that some games are only coming out on next gen, so there are more games being released in the future on next gen than last gen, you can keep your old console to play old games but i would rather play upcoming games on a superior machine, ive still got my ps3 too as i love it, just dont want to buy a game for it that is also on my ps4,, infamous alone has been proper fun and not what i expected at all, completed the good karma playthrough last night, dont regret getting my ps4 on day one at all but thats just my opinion
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I jut say peasants be gone!
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 3 years ago
Playstation 4 and xbox one are not next gen they are both current gen, they where both next gen before they where released, playstation 3 and xbox 360 are last gen. Also there are loads of games to currently play on the current gen consoles such a forza 5, ryse, dead rising 3, titanfall, battlefield 4, callo f duty ghosts, need for speed rivals, assassins creed blackflag, fifa 14, theif, tomb raider,metal gear solid ground zeroes, plants vs zombies, rayman legends, lego movie game, lego marvel game, max the curse of the brotherhood and peggle 2 (all of which ive bought and played apart from fifa and lego games) and then theres still to (all of which i have pre order and will get coming in at about £1100) lego hobbit game, spider man 2, wolfenstien, watchdogs, murder soul suspect, ufc, sniper elite 3, the evil within, crime and punishments sherlock homes, destint, alien isolation, lord of the rings middle earth, the wither 3, assassins creed unity, batman arkham knight, the crew, dragon age 3, dying light, evolve, halo 5, metal gear solid v phantom pain, quantam break, sunset overdriv, the division and the next callo f duty but shopto dont have that up for pre order yet... but my point is say there is no game out at the moment or theres not much due out for these current gen consoles is clearly bullshit.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 3 years ago
the problem with most gamers these days is they are far to cheap and instead of buying games on release and supporting the developers they wait and wait for many months to pick up games on the cheap, used games are plain and simply for the skinflints.
Thanks Danny, I never knew about all those games that don't really interest me, oh wait, yes I did. And calling people cheap because they don't have more money than sense is in itself cheap, gaming is an expensive business and regardless of what the government and media may be saying there is still a recession on with no recovery for the majority. So, well done you for having a thousand pounds plus to waste on games, but most people don't, and you bragging about it just makes you look like a giant douche.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 3 years ago
so out of all the current games and all the games currently up for pre order on shopto's website there is no games you have an interest in? i find that quite hard to believe but im gunna have a guess and say your an Nintendo gamer? who plays all the platformers? just a guess. also i dont have a £1000 to waste on games, i just also put £20 a side for games every week for pre orders, im not rich or anything and i am well aware of the recession after losing my job in January, i just budget my money quite well.
Not a lot really, there's one or two, but it's not worth buying a console for one or two games, I can wait until there's more games, I've got plenty to play in the mean time.
What does being a "Nintendo Gamer" have to do with anything (I like how we are in our own little category now) Only games on the new Hardware I'm interested in are Infamous SS & D4.
I'm also interested in Watch Dogs but I'll be getting that on Wii U & then on PC once the GotY version is out. The Evil Within is also on X360&PS3 so people don't need to upgrade to play that, as is half the games you listed