Wednesday Chat: April 9

It's Wednesday and therefore time to chat amongst yourselves.

Since Wednesday is the middle of the week, we've decided that we will not have a subject on Wednesdays, so it's a chat amongst yourselves topic time. Hopefully this will spark some interesting debate amongst all of you. So anything exciting happening in your world then?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 09 Apr, 2014

Comments
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
we all know video games to films are usually bad does anbody think there any exceptions. As a kid used to like the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon where he used to eat chilli dogs. I also thought Dead or Alive was ok especially since it was adapted from a fighting game.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
Off the top of my head I can't think of many lol, I did sort of enjoy the first Resident Evil film, Max Payne was "ok" aswell.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
The Prince of Persia movie wasnt to bad either.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
i quite enjoyed riddick escape from butcher bay but not too much escape from dark athena
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
and goldeneye on the n64 was one of my faves for a while too
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I liked Prince of Persia, but there was also Hitman that I thought was quite good. On a completely different note ... I just bought a Vita (original)
Mario Bros and Street Fighter FTW ;')
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I only watched Mario Bros movie a couple years ago heard all the stories of how bad it was. It was so bad it was kinda good in my eyes. Have never seem the film version of doom supposedly that was bad isnt there a director that does a lot of video game films and has done stuff like bloodrayne and other old ps2 games
Uwe Boll, his films are without exception awful.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Thats the guy have heard there all terrible. Anybody seen the need for Speed movie is it any good? Seems to be rumours of a few video game films in the works such as Gran Turismo, Last of Us and Assassins Creed.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
Jeez Gloria, Mortal Kombat was way better than Street Fighter! :) Loved the Mario film when I was a kid but can't imagine I'd think much of it today. Just remember the hilarious Mario Mario & Luigi Mario bit and how everyone laughed in the cinema when the b-bomb had Reeboks on, best plug ever! :)
I heard the NFS film was pretty dire, looked it from the trailers anyway, it was a bad idea anyway, NFS has only been any good when there was no story tacked on to it, trying to make a film out of the worst aspect of the series was just stupid. Mortal Kombat was OK RTLF, but Street Fighter wins because it's so bad it's good.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Quite a lot of fighting games have films Mortal Komabt, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive and Tekken. You would think it would be quite hard to make a film out of a fighting game.
Not really, most fighting games have stories attached, even if they're a bit silly.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
But they only ever work well in anime as it suits the fantasy aspect of the ridiculous story and super powered characters. As soon as that stuff is put into live action with actors... oh dear...
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
my mum took me to see mario bros the movie straight from school when i was 9 or 10, so has some sentimental value
I was just thinking of buying a copy of Mario Bros on DVD thinking it would be quite cheap, but it's going for silly prices on Ebay.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah I found the same thing couple years ago when I picked my copy up think I paid something like £7 in the end
I could probably stretch to £7 for it, bit the cheapest I'm seeing including postage are over a tenner, and there some for twenty, and Amazons no better, there's some on there for £28.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I've watched NFS on www.alluc.to - and yes it is dire. 2 hours longs, 7 supercars and the 'race' is only during the last 30ish mins. The rest is basically a road trip from New York to California. Also, nobody has mentioned the Splinter Cell movie. I think Tom Hardy could make quite a good Sam Fisher
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I don't agree with pirating films.. what's the difference between pirating a film and pirating a game..
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
It's a streaming site Joe, although I do agree with you about pirating, torrent, etc
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
regardless did you pay for the right to watch it?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I forgot there was a ratchet and Clank film in the works!! link to wikipedia about Video game films according to this the best films were Mortal Kombat and Prince of Persia although Mario and Street fighter dont have metacritic scores http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_video_games
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I enjoyed the Silent Hill films, the first two Resident Evil films were ok but then they went terribly downhill.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
How do you feel about downloading TV shows Joe? I agree about Films and Movies and so on but I feel like the TV is a bit of a grey area.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
TV Shows I've never really though about to be honest with having the luxury of a full sky package and sky plus but I suppose it depends to a certain extent if you pay for a full sky package but miss a show on a channel you pay for I suppose it could be ok but isn't that what catch up TV is for?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I have sky and so on but I do end up downloading the majority of my TV shows one of the main reasons being is how far behind we are over here, for something like Game of Thrones where it shows the next night I dont mind. But something like Castle we were onto something like the third season in America before it even started here.