The Last of Us Remastered all but confirmed by PlayStation Store listing *update 2*

Update 2: We have managed to uncover yet more details on The Last of Us Remastered thanks to a listing on Amazon.com.

Here's the description, which as you can see says that the game will include all DLC release so far.

"Winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards, The Last of Us has been rebuilt for the PlayStation 4 system. Now featuring full 1080p, higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, in addition to several other gameplay improvements.

"The Last of Us Remastered includes the Abandoned Territories Map Pack, Reclaimed Territories Map Pack, and the critically acclaimed The Last of Us: Left Behind Single Player campaign that combines themes of survival, loyalty, and love with tense, survival-action gameplay."

The Remastered edition will also include the following pre-order bonuses too:

- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign

Finally the game will also include In-game cinematic commentary from the cast and creative director, Neil Druckmann.

The Last of Us Remastered will be released for PS4 this summer.

Update: Sony has confirmed that The Last of Us is indeed coming to the PS4, although it's not like we already knew.

""SCEA can confirm The Last of Us Remastered is coming to PS4, and we'll be sharing more details with you shortly."

So there we go, it's real. Now all we need is a few more details and a release date.

Original: Sony listed The Last of Us Remastered for pre-order on its own PlayStation Store, despite not even announcing the game yet.

Edited On 09 Apr, 2014

Comments
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
Decent title but no matter how much it's "remastered" not something I'd want to play again. Like a lot of people said when Tomb Raider launched on XB1/PS4, just wish developers would concentrate on some "totally" new games rather than bringing back "old" ones, maybe it's all about a quick £$£$£ now or are they running out of ideas?
greygrendon's avatar
greygrendon 3 years ago
I am excited as this is quite simply the best single player game I have ever played. I really don't care if I have played it before I just can't wait to play it again and experience every emotion you can from a game again. Just a pity they are going to ruin it's memory with a film in a few years but hey ho
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
overhyped wasnt that good first time around can't see it being that good second time around. Hype ruined it.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Joe you talk about titanfall being hyped but this was hyped up just as bad.
Meh, I suppose it saves me buying a PS3 for the only game I ever wanted to play on it, not that bothered though.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
After a few hours into TLOU i did feel it was overhyped but by the time I finished it I was in awe and it all made sense. It totally justified the hype and based on nearly 100 professional critics on metacritic it has an exceptional average of 95 meaning the majority agreed(imho reviews released by people who have played the game properly don't count as hype, hype is generated during the build up)... on the other hand Titanfall got 86, still a great score but also showing that unlike TLOU it didn't quite live up to it's original hype. Just like every good game ever released, not everyone is going to agree on something, comes down to personal opinion/taste to which everyone is entitled to their own but to say TLOU didn't live up to the hype is just not true
MutinyDB's avatar
MutinyDB 3 years ago
There's a reason it won a butt load of awards. Incredible story, great gameplay and incredible graphics for ps3. This is one game ive wanted naughty dog to bring over to ps4.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
i agree it was good but it wasnt that good i've played games with less hype around them which i though was better.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
Don't forget to put "I thought" before "it wasn't that good" ;)
" Incredible story, great Gameplay " I think the same about Infinite Undiscovery but a lot of people hated that game
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
ya see RTLF that was funny a few weeks ago but you've totally just killed it.. The way you felt about infinite is the way i felt about far cry 3. I hated infinite.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
Wasn't trying to be funny, just politely suggesting you differentiate between what is your personal opinion and what is fact, just for the sake of consistency in this discussion. I can't emphasise the word *politely* enough...
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
oh right i got it now i read it back haha yeah.. but as well all know my opinions are known facts so....
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
I totally agree with what others are saying, it's all down to person opinion, whether about games or how some prefer a pint of beer whilst others prefer a glass of wine. For me though, whether I enjoyed a game or not, I'd still rather the developers concentrate on something totally new rather than games we have seen before. Great though for people that haven't played it first time around.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
yeah but my opinions are facts. if i say 'in my opinion tomorrow it'll snow' bitch dem clouds gunna open up like there aint no tomorrow and you wouldnt of seen snow like it before! evenb if it is in summer
ROFL! Thought "and you wouldnt of seen snow like it before! evenb if it is in summer" was a bit too much
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
in my opinion it wasn't abit much so infact that makes it a fact..
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
@OT, you're right about it being great for those who didn't play it first time round or those who converted from 360 to PS4. On top of that though we know Sony financially are having a little trouble so it makes perfect sense, they'd be fools not to. Besides, the more money Naughty Dog make the more they'll have to invest in their future projects so it's a win for gamers too...
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Why include content that makes the game easier that annoys me. It would be nice if they do an upgrade offer like they did for the likes of Battlefield 4 if you already own the game.
Cos people want even more hand-holding in their games
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
@ RTLF, again I totally agree, it's great for gamers that missed it first time around and the more Naughty Dog have to invest in future games the better ( top top developer ) I guess from a selfish point of view that I'm very fortunate to be able to play these games first time around so would rather see something "new" than a "remake". I agree also that at this time it makes perfect sense for Sony.
NathanW18's avatar
NathanW18 3 years ago
Great for those that moved over from 360. If they allowed us to upgrade if you have the PS3 version, I would buy it. I won't pay full price for this. Maybe when it reduces in price. If the lightning and textures are much better and they hit 60fps, it would be worth playing again.