The Amazing Spider-Man 2 may not be released at all on Xbox One

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 may never get an Xbox One release according to Activision.

On the official website for the game was spotted that the Xbox One version has been removed.

Meanwhile a release schedule update for the game states, “We want to inform you that we are revising our release plans for ASM2 on Xbox One, when and whether ASM2 is released on Xbox One is TBD.”

The Amazing Spider-man 2 is still due to be release on PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Wii U and 3DS on May 2nd.

What do you think of this news?

Edited On 17 Apr, 2014

Comments
Toots wont be happy!!
Bindiana 5 months ago
He can always get it on Wii U ;)
Gloria 5 months ago
Hahahahahahahaha. Looks like he will be getting his PS4 back, or he could go with Gloria's suggestion
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
We have changed the date on the system to TBA. Although it'll probably never be released.
Joe Anderson (Editor) 5 months ago
meh, never really thought much of spiderman games, infact, i don't even know why i'm commenting.
Im Going Space 5 months ago
The one for the Gamecube was brilliant...
Robichoico 5 months ago
an I'm not to bothered put me off when I saw the price..
JoeToots 5 months ago
Best Spider-Man game is Ultimate Spider-Man. (I must be the only one on the planet who didn't like Spider-Man2)
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
I won't lose any sleep other it anyways
JoeToots 5 months ago
I wasn't keen on it either Nox, comics Spiderman > movie Spiderman
Gloria 5 months ago
Although when you look at at the game boiled down to racing a villein then beating the snot out of them
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
I liked the one where you fought doctor oct at end in a warehouse which one was that?
JoeToots 5 months ago
Spiderman on PS1.
Gloria 5 months ago
That's the one I liked
JoeToots 5 months ago
The PS1 games were great, they might not have had open worlds or any fancy stuff, but they had great stories.
Gloria 5 months ago
If it get's straight 10's from reviewers I'm sure a lot of people will be bothered. Will it get straight 10's? Seems quite unlikely.
Joe Anderson (Editor) 5 months ago
Will have to get the Xbox 360 version ONLY then for now, and save some money, but hopefully this will not be a trend in the future for other Xbox ONE games
superniceguy 5 months ago
Joe have you had to many easter eggs already, a movie tie in game getting straight tens haha.
Bindiana 5 months ago
Ouch... the Xbox One catalog of disasters continues to expand. Given the sorry state a lot of games have released in for that system this one must have been broken to it's very core to warrant (likely) cancellation. Ah well... will probably get it for PS4 later myself. First game was a lot of fun and Beenox know what they're doing so it'll probably be worth a go.
PrometheusFan 5 months ago
I dont see how it has a catalogue of disasters but to each its own. Also all of the games I have played on them have worked fine and none have been in a sorry state. For me a sorry state would mean the game would have to be unplayable and filled with glitches and I have played many of them throughout the years. It will be interesting to see the reasoning behind cancelling/ delaying it then.
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago
No one wants an Xbone? I think that is enough reason. Makes me wonder why a WiiU version is coming out though
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
Yeah it is a strange one, either way wasn't planning on getting it till it was down in price. I hope they have fixed the swinging so you can't swing from the sky.
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago
It is a bit immersion breaking when the games are like that eh?
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
This has been the first disappointment on Xbox ONE, and the console still offers me more games than PS4. By not having a PS4 I am only missing out on Infamous SS so far, plus the games being 1080p / 60FPS are struggling to keep up, and makes the games stuttery, which is why Infamous is getting patched to allow a cap of 3FPS. I much prefer smoother gameplay over sharper visuals, so all in all I happy I have Xbox ONE, and have no desire to get a PS4. If the game is just delayed I bet it will be released before Drive Club!
superniceguy 5 months ago
Yeah it does annoy me nox.
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago
Zombie, the swinging in this game is now apparently environmentally dictated like the original Spider-Man 2 game on PS2 rather than just generic forward motion like every other Spidey game since, if that's what you mean. Will be interesting to see how the mechanic functions in gameplay. "I much prefer smoother gameplay over sharper visuals" - Well then I have some great news for you Tony! PS4 offers not only sharper visuals on most multiplatform games, but also much smoother performance! Every game so far released on both consoles has been better looking and performing on PS4 than Xbone... see for example Tomb Raider, which is 60fps on PS4 and yet struggles to manage even 30fps on Xbone.
PrometheusFan 5 months ago
*Facepalm* Just stop Tony, just stop
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
Thats good to know, will probably pick it up when its cheaper on the PS4.
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago
That is not what I have been reading - the games on PS4 have been having frame rate issues, another member here explained it all who has both console, and why would Infamous patch the game to lower FPS if there were no problems? I am certainly not getting a PS4 for "better" visuals until I have played the console myself, which is not likely seeing as I know no one with one.
superniceguy 5 months ago
I am thinking of starting a Shopto drinking game you have to take a shot everytime tony mentions the phrases. There are no games on PS4 and Xbox one has more games then PS4.
Bindiana 5 months ago
" That is not what I have been reading - the games on PS4 have been having frame rate issues, another member here explained it all who has both console, and why would Infamous patch the game to lower FPS if there were no problems? I am certainly not getting a PS4 for "better" visuals until I have played the console myself, which is not likely seeing as I know no one with one" - Hey, don't take my word for it, hit up some tech comparison sites for evidence if you need proof. Digital Foundry is probably the most notable one, they've had a whole bunch of PS4/Xbone comparisons. Oh, and Infamous wasn't patched to have a lower framerate, it was patched to allow users to select between 30fps unlocked or 30fps locked, as at launch the game was set to 30fps unlocked only, and the option to lock the framerate was requested by players who preferred the locked option.
PrometheusFan 5 months ago
Kevin that is too technical for him. Tony playing over 30FPS gave people "OuchOuch Heads"
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
Really Bindiana? Do you want us all to die of alcohol poisoning?
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
It's getting old now, but I see the ol PS fanboys are still rife on Shopto.net...! Hardly surprising as the site has become very biased towards the PS and stories like this are only posted to garner cheap hits from those PS fanboys who the editors seem to admire... If it were a decent title, I could see it being newsworthy, but it's just another Activision Spiderman game... I do own both consoles, but only use one of them every day for gaming, the other hasn't been used a lot, because the update system (download, install, reboot) is tedious & archaic and it's no different to the last console..
cerberuz 5 months ago
PlayStation Fanboy? Ha! If anything I'm an Nintendo Fanboy & btw, it doesn't matter what the game is. If the Xbone isn't getting a version (initially) & the WiiUis then what does that say about the Xbone huh? Answer that
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
Well I am just devastated at this.What a tragedy for xbox one owners to not be subject to another of activisions cut paste and repeat heap of sh!t games and lets be honest people who make the spidey movies??? Sony so theyve prob got something to do with it havent they. Im going to go and cry that this has been cancelled its such tragic and to read this on a good friday too
inspector 74 5 months ago
So cerberuz, are you suggesting that a major game release in a popular franchise being cancelled on a newly released console within days of launch would otherwise not be considered newsworthy by a game news site if it weren't serving some pro-PS agenda? Also, I seriously can't tell which console you're talking about in that last line, as it could be either PS4 or Xbone. One thing I can say for sure on that score though is that PS4 firmware updates download and install faster than their Xbone equivalents, and there have thus far been less of them to date as far as I'm aware. Oh, and out of interest inspector 74, if Sony had some hand in the cancellation of the Xbone ASM2 game, why then is the game still coming out on 360? Or Wii U/3DS/PC come to that?
PrometheusFan 5 months ago
I dont think that is the reason though they have done it before http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/10/non-sony-versions-of-ghostbusters-delayed-in-europe/ I really couldnt say which one downloads faster as I have them download in the background but the PS4 certainly does install the discs quicker but that could be down to how the xbox was originally intended but who knows. It does annoy me on the PS4 that I cant pause a download or pick priority for multiple and it downloads them all at the same time.
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago
ROFL @ major game release
Gloria 5 months ago
@ cerberuz, fanboys are everywhere but I've asked before, what classes you/me/someone else as one? I've said before, I much prefer Xbox One, the games, controller, online service over anything PS4 offers, I find Sony/PS4 a bit boring if I'm honest and I personally believe a lot of it's success today is not because of what it offers the gamer, it's because a lot got fed up with Microsoft, DRM, no DRM, Kinect and jumped ship, so does this make me an Xbox One fanboy? lol. What does surprise me a little is on Shopto, IGN, a number of different sites that it's own writers/journalists seem to favour one or the other console, funny as I thought these folks were to remain totally unbiased, it seems not though.
Old Timer 5 months ago