Sony announces over 100 indie games are in development for PS4 and Vita

Sony has confirmed that over 100 indie games are in development for PlayStation devices PS Vita and PS4.

PlayStation’s commitment to indies was highlighted at a special event at SCE America HQ today, with Sony announcing over 100 indie games are on their way to PS4 and Vita.

Speaking at a special event in the U.S, PlayStation publisher and developer relations vice president Adam Boyes confirmed the number of games in the works, while also saying that over 1,000 developers are now licensed to self-publish on PlayStation platforms, with 21 self-published titles having landed on PS4 so far.

Of the indie games, 20 million self-published games have been sold with an attach rate of three per console.

Here's some of the new titles which are on the way, complete with trailers

Apotheon, Alien Trap Games – PS4

Axiom Verge, Thomas Happ Games – PS4 and Vita

Chasm, Discord Games – PS4

Drifter, Celsius Game Studios – PS4 and Vita

Escape Goat 2, MagicalTimeBean – PS4

Ironclad Tactics, Zachtronics – PS4

Jamestown Plus, Final Form Games – PS4

Nidhogg, Messhof – PS4

Skulls of the Shogun Bone-A-Fide Edition, 17-Bit – PS4 and Vita

Starwhal: Just the Tip, Breakfall – PS3 and PS4

Two other titles were also announced, Source by Fenix Fire for PS4 and Spelunky by BlitWorks for PS4 (with 1080p visuals and new social Daily Challenge features). These two title announcements did not appear with trailers.

Edited On 01 May, 2014

Comments
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Liking the look of Apotheon and Drifter. The others, not so much
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
will definitely pick up drifters, looks well good for an indie but, the rest I just cant deal with
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
my kids will probably like skulls of the shogun though
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I love the Greek pottery style, it looks fantastic and they don't need to come up with any kind of story, as everything is already there. I think Drifter is definitely a Vita game
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
got rid of my vita a while ago now , just wasnt being used, its on ps4 too though so im happy, and yep the greek pottery style looks interesting but i struggle to play them I lose interest very quickly, ill probably lose interest in stick it to the man too, and i hate to admit it but ive lost interest in Daylight too, gave it a few hours last night ok at first, scared the shit out of me then i was bored
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
Stick it to the Man is seriously strange. Not a very long game apparently. You confirmed Daylight for me so I won't be getting that. The 2 indies I like would be ideal for the tube to/from work and when I'm on nights
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
im cutting my losses and will pick up whistleblower next week as I quite enjoyed outlast so should enjoy that
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I need to get back to some of my other games to finish, including Outlast
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Jamestown looks fun would guess a few of these will be free on ps plus
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
i just have to do outlast on hard and collect all documents to finish it but its a bastard finding them , got the rest of the trophies