Sony details DriveClub PlayStation Plus Edition *update* Keep the game forever if you upgrade

Update: Sony has released a statement re: DriveClub to announce that if you intend on downloading DriveClub PlayStation Plus Edition, and upgrading to the full game experience, you will have access to the full game even if your PlayStation Plus subscription runs out.

This is in contrast to the previous post in which Sony revealed that you would have to stay subscribed to PS Plus in order to keep playing if you upgraded.

What do you think of this news? Has Sony done the correct thing?

Original: Sony has revealed the full details surrounding the PlayStation Plus Edition of DriveClub.

With an active PlayStation Plus subscription, you can download DriveClub PlayStation Plus Edition, which comes with one location (India), 11 tracks, 10 cars and access to all game modes.

If you’re an active PlayStation Plus subscriber and have been playing the PlayStation Plus Edition, but decide you want the full DriveClub experience, you can purchase a one-time upgrade for £42.99. This will give you access to all five locations, 55 tracks, 50 cars and all 50 tour events, as long as your PlayStation Plus subscription remains active.

If you’re not an active PlayStation Plus member, you can still get DriveClub via the PlayStation Store or from ShopTo on Blu-ray.

Here's a new video regarding this edition.

Edited On 09 May, 2014

Comments
Really looking forward to this, but I think Sony have got the timing wrong for release as coming in November it will be up against Project CARS which (I think) will be far superior, definitely in terms of visuals. DC may win on the social side, but overall CARS will win in sales
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 months ago
And to add - we still don't know when The Crew is coming out
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 months ago
Its good we still get a ps plus version to test to see how it plays so i will look forward to trying it as i am a bit unsure if i will pick it up yet
Dark572Assassin 3 months ago
I can't decide whether PS+ version is a good idea or not. On one hand it could boost sales on the other it could restrict them
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 months ago
I am not really into racing games but will give the plus version a try. Is it just me or does 50 not seem like that many cars for a racing game. Last one I really played was Forza Horizon which had a lot more than that I think but then have Grant Turismo games not had a few hundred in them.
Zombieflamingo 3 months ago
The problem with the likes of GT is they may have 1200+ cars, but 7-8 are the same car with a different livery. I think 50 is a good number to start with, as long as we are not caned for extras, like I was with Forza 4
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 months ago
Yeah you have a good point. It just didnt seem like much.
Zombieflamingo 3 months ago
Still dont know much about this game, what modes it has, how many cars and tracks etc
juvan1le 3 months ago
That Plus upgrade deal sounds like total bullshit. Think I'll stick with getting the disc version of the game, which I'll probably be able to get cheaper than the "upgrade" as well.
PrometheusFan 3 months ago
Well whoop de do I can save £7 of I have ps+ subscription that already costs me £39.99 stop treating us like twats sony
ttrance 3 months ago
The PSN price will be £60 so you are saving £17
Loli-Nox-Tan 3 months ago
wrong, difference is 8 quid.
kmetek 3 months ago
I played a alpha demo last November at the gadget show and gotta admit it was amazing the mountain track I played was so detailed even the leaves on the tree was blowing around so realistic and that was last nov with almost a year extra on top for polishing or whatever they have done I think it's gonna be something special I'm def getting the physical copy as I prefer them and with this the crew and project cars I'm very excited I love my racing games and personally can't wait u r def in for a treat when it comes out obviously that's if u like racing games ;0)
michael 3 months ago
i might just play fully through the ps plus version then wait a few months till the physical copy rapidly drops in price, all physical racing games are cheap as chips very quickly
jay.hamilton 3 months ago
In my opinion because it will be available on PS+ is a good sign, they must be pretty confident in the title because otherwise it could possibly turn a lot of people away from upgrading.
Old Timer 3 months ago
I think to be honest this game will need a sequal to do it justice although i might be wrong and it turns out great
Dark572Assassin 3 months ago
Cars! Racing! Speed! Boring!
Doom Of Shadow 3 months ago
Quite disappointed in this personally
Liam 3 months ago
Interesting step into the F2P market, though I hope they don't use this as one of the games you get on the PS Plus monthly updates.
growkin 3 months ago
Really good to see that Sony have changed their mind and you won't lose access
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 months ago
Yes, they have done the correct thing...
RTLF 3 months ago
Awesome they changed it. Didn't make sense to me to pay full price for a game you can only play with PS+, where you can pay the same amount to play the game with or without PS+ (Doesnt really matter to me exactly as I plan on keeping PS+ "topped up", but I still find it an annoying trend I don't want to continue and for others it will be annoying.
LAA 3 months ago
Hang on... didn't Sony originally say that DriveClub would be totally free and unrestricted for PS+ members at launch? Seems like the PS+ version is a very generous demo now, which has its merits (i.e. try-before-you-buy) but it's not nearly as attractive as the initial offer.
The Auracle 3 months ago
Er... no, the Plus edition was announced from the start as being a free version of the game with less content available(Cars, tracks) but all the actual game modes are accessible in it. They haven't changed anything but the release date.
PrometheusFan 3 months ago