Freedom Wars trailer shows Boss fight

Freedom Wars is one of three new JRPG titles set to arrive on the PS Vita later this year and it has a new trailer.

The title arrives in Japan first come June 26, so as you'd expect the trailer below is in Japanese, however that doesn't stop us from watching one of the game's boss encounters in action.

Check out the video below. What do you think?

Edited On 08 May, 2014

Comments
Doom Of Shadow's avatar
Doom Of Shadow 3 years ago
Wot?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It seems like all these vita RPGs are trying to be like Monster Hunter. Which is not really a bad thing but so far they have not really done anything different.
LAA's avatar
LAA 3 years ago
@ZombieFlamingo, Don't agree with that. If anything MH isn't doing any different, in fact its pretty generic to tell the truth. What makes it stand out is simply its content and the monster's AI, very cool AI wise. I do think the likes of Soul Sacrifice/Toukiden are both lacking something though... About Freedom Wars though, wow. Why has this not been on my radar?! Looks a lot like God Eater 2 (You better come to europe....).
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I see where you are coming from as they have not really added much to the Monster Hunter games just little improvements here and there. Though I am more of a fan of killing giant dinosaurs and dragons rather than demons. I preferred Toukiden over Soul sacrifice but what I feel they are missing is how in Monster Hunter your new armour and weapons is based off of the monsters you have just killed which gives them more of a unique look. They also miss the item management from the MH games. I will probably give this a try when its out though I would like to see a similar style of game with the combat from Dragons Dogma.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I do like the Sci fi look for this though.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
This looks to be taking it's cues more from God Eater than Monster Hunter actually. That's no bad thing, God Eater is great.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Oh wait, this is actually by the same developer as God Eater? Ha, must have forgotten that.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Never had a PSP so I never played God Eater though it does look like MH. It does look quite good though I like the type of game so I will keep trying until I get one I really like.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
The wait for this game is killing me ,loved it since its reveal .
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Also zombie god eater games are amazing you missed of on an gem. But hopefully we get god eater 2 for vita in the west. But if we don't there's always importing the japanese version.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
God Eater 2 is unlikely to come out over here sadly, but rumours are that the revised "God Eater 2 Burst"(Or whatever this one will be called) edition which is all but certain for release later this year in Japan is likely to get an english language release(Probably next year though).