Mario Kart 8 ad flips game on its head

Mario Kart 8 is literally around the corner and upside down if the following TV spot is to be believed.

This is one video that flips advertising on its head.

Check out the video and pre-order below.

Edited On 13 May, 2014

Comments
Game of the year ;)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Nintendos equivalent of call of duty.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
It looks great, not long to wait now.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
i am sure i would be playing this is i owned a wii u , i remember playing it alot on the snes in my childhood lol
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Looks fun but how does the split screen work do we all have to use wii motes or can we fuse the Wii U normal controller?
I'm sure there will be plenty of controller options.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I hope so just not a fan of using the wii mote for racing games.
I quite liked using the steering wheel on the Wii version.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
As long as I get to use the gamepad though for player one it will be my friends that have to suffer though :) will have to look out my wii motes.
Dru1034's avatar
Dru1034 3 years ago
hey zobmieflamingo, https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii-U/Mario-Kart-8-765384.html should answer everything you need to know, looks awesome, with new wepons, more people to play with and some hd old school tracks too.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Cheers. They should do a super smash bros kart that would be fun with the levels from the various other games.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 3 years ago
Being upside down really threw me off the first time I played it but I quickly got used to it, even anti grav is well done. Can't wait to get it! All cups in a day? No problem, then off to tournament mode.
Dru1034's avatar
Dru1034 3 years ago
sounds good, can't wait to set up the projector, mario kart on 110 inch screen is mental,
MrPenguinKnight's avatar
MrPenguinKnight 3 years ago
@JoeToots. What do you mean by it being Nintendo's Call of Duty? If you mean that it prints money by its name alone, then yes I will agree with you. Other than that they are nowhere near each other for likeness.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
same shit with a different number next to it.(btw i'm joking)
Havak's avatar
Havak 3 years ago
There are plenty of control options. I've played all the Mario Kart games and honestly, my favourite control option was the Wii Remote + Nunchuk, it just feels more natural for some reason. However, you can still use the GamePad, or the Wii U Pro Controller (which is a great controller as well). I would even assume you can use the Wii Pro Pad which plugs into the Wii Remote. Either way, I'm really looking forward to this. If it wasn't for the announcement for the new Pokémon games, this would likely be my game of the year (or at least tied with Smash Bros).
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah the link Dru gave was good. Will have to pick up another Wii U pro controller then I will be set for 4 player split screen. They are selling an afterglow one on amazon for £25 so I might get that one, have a 360 afterglow controller and it works pretty well for a third party one. Shame they don't have any controllers on here though.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 3 years ago
@Havak, I totally agree, the Wii remote and Nunchuk combo is my favorite too. I quite enjoyed using the WiiU Gamepad but I'm sure I'll prefer the Pro controller. MK8 will be a top contender for my GOTY but if Fallout somehow comes out this year then either that or Destiny will be close calls too.
growkin's avatar
growkin 3 years ago
This game cannot come soon enough!! Hopefully pushes a few more consoles.
Paddy_1's avatar
Paddy_1 3 years ago
I'm so excited about this game. I watched the latest Nintendo Direct a couple of days ago and It looks really good. The addition of online tournaments such as character specific tournaments looks like a cool addition. The new items too, a defense against those pesky blue shells will be useful online.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
This just keeps looking better & better my wii wheel pad is ready.