Thursday Chat: May 15

It's Thursday and as you know doubt know, Microsoft has announced a Kinect-Free SKU for Xbox One.

So what do you think?

At £349 and therefore matching Sony's PS4 in price, is this a good move for Microsoft? Are they simply trying to make the Kinect bundles look better value with a view to then bundling games with the Kinect-Less version later in the year. Will it work? Or does Sony still have the momentum?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 15 May, 2014

Comments
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
It's definitely a kick in the teeth for people that have one already, after being told that it was a fundamental part of their vision and would never be dropped. On the plus side though, if it helps with performance, that can only be a good thing and the harder MS devs push then the harder Sony devs push - which benefits me
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
To be honest it will help sales but MS should of done the kinectless version from the start for xbox one. As others have said it will just strive devs too work hard & bring us better games as an whole. Witch is an good thing for us gamers.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It is a bit annoying however it us just one of these risks for being an early adopter. The same thing happened with the 3DS. I feel like it is a good thing though as it will hopefully get more people to buy one.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
It's a good move from MS, but I think the price should be lower than £350 because there isn't much difference in price between that and the titanfall bundle which comes with kinect. I expect some retailers to sell for less than £350 once the console gets released. On a side note Mario Kart 8 reviews have gone up. IGN gave it a 9.0. It currently has a metacritic score of 90.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Mario Kart will be an hell of fun it seems but it always has been with friends you know. I cant wait personally for it & i am also glad its getting good reviews.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
Like others have said its a step in the right direction but £350 just seems still high it should be around the £310-£320 mark i think , although after a few weeks the price might come down some more when they see they won't sell many at the price when you can still get titanfall bundle at £350
Still too expensive, I refuse to pay over £300 for a console, I'm betting it'll be down to £300 with a game by Christmas though, so may pick one up then, if there's enough games that take my fancy, which is looking doubtful.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Well its a step in the right direction but dont think its cheap enough without Kinect. So if this doesnt work what can Microsoft do next? I think one thing that could help it is to get intergration with UK sports not just American sports but I dont think they will ever be able to pull of a deal with Sky and BT Sport for that to happen.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Were they not meant to be working in a deal with sky?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
There were rumours that they were working on a deal but the console has been out six months and still no word on it so seems the UK will be forgotten on the TV and Sports side.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 3 years ago
I think the price should be lower, I have a Kinect and it has been turned off for a long time. I believe Sony will still have the upper hand and maybe drop their price just to show off but hey, E3 is coming and that is the perfect time to make important changes.