Monday Chat: May 19

It's Monday, so what did you get up to over the weekend? What games did you play.

It's been a quiet weekend for us, with no reviews to keep us busy, although hopefully soon we'll be bringing you reviews for Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs and Mario Kart 8, although we've yet to receive either of these.

While we wait to bring you our opinion on these titles, we'd like to know what you've been up to this weekend.

So, Let's Chat!

Edited On 19 May, 2014

Comments
Didn't do much, played a bit of Kirby Triple Deluxe and Darksiders 2 and watched a bit of telly, giving up smoking at the moment so finding it hard to concentrate on things for any length of time.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I played a walking simulator! kudos to anyone who guesses what i mean there.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
finished my stargate collection over the weekend so back to doing some gaming in between work as wolfenstein should come today,
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
wasnt the walking sim in DayZ was it
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
was indeed Jay
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Carried on thinning my game collection at the weekend Gamecube and Wii this time round and got a little titanfall in last night
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
I've been playing Wolfstein over the weekend ( arrived from Simplygames ), for anyone picking this up, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a FPS this much, brilliant story, smooth gameplay, fantastic visuals. Anyone seen these Watch Dogs reviews floating about? ( Not sure how genuine they are ) but it's getting a bit of an hammering on PS4/XB1. The biggest complaint is apparently if you turn off "online mode" your online stats get reset to 0 each time, a so called punishment for not wanting to play with others, sounds stupid if it is true.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Wow thats bad if its true wasnt to interested in the game but if that is true probably wont bother at all now.
Sounds like the kind of thing Ubisoft would do.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
Toots , i couldnt have seriously guessed correct, i couldve said anything
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
I played mostly spiderman 2 on ps4 its quite a good game enjoyed it a lot just got some xp grinding to do then another plat in the bag , good to hear wolfenstein is a enjoyable game hope it turns up today then i will be trying for the plat on that
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
It's was posted on N4G originally ( the link to the review ) but this was what was said about Watch Dogs and this punishment for not wanting to play online .......... "One huge caveat/punishment Ubisoft implemented is when you do turn off the Online Option, all your skills accumulated are reset to zero. You read that right. They all get reset to zero. All the online-specific skills reset to zero as punishment for not wanting to play online, something which is entirely disappointing. Either you keep getting invaded, or you get punished for wanting to play sometimes and not other times with the online mode."
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Aye you did Jay
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
on the fence about pre ordering sniper elite 3
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Same here Joe, played the second one which was good for the first few levels then pretty much turned into a normal shooter. Good to see wolfenstein is fun I am looking forward to that. I managed to get my Wizard to level 60 in Diablo yesterday and started a Hardcore mode playthrough with a few friends so it should be interesting to see how far we get. Its rubbish to see that about watch dogs but what would happen if you were not connected at all online would it still reset them?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Zombie at £14.99 i can't say no
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yes you can. You will end up with a mssive amount of games that you have not played otherwise.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
already have.
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Just put it on your wishlist and wait for the sales.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
does the wishlist notify you when they go on sale?
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah you get an email when they go on sale.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
cheers i'll get adding to it on my dinner
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
Just got my wolfenstien so happy now :) set it to download the huge patch 5GB going in on the hardest setting to challenge my self
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Myself started full burst witch has been fun so far. Watched some anime & been enjoying the sun.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
I see ubi patching watchdogs fast for that play offline reset.
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Was planning the same Assassin but It will take me ages to download the patch. I got Super time force on the xbox one yesterday as well its pretty fun.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
been playing wolfenstein for the last 2 hours now, had to drag myself off it to make a brew, its a lot of fun and plays beautifully, sound is amazing through my speaker system, like watchin a movie, gutted i have to go to work later now lol
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
doing a stealth playthrough first then will go for assault on second
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Got my wolfenstein now I just need to wait for it to install and download the massive update.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
you can play while its downloading, i did it was fine
Pre-load Bitch
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I know I still like to let ot get further in than when it tells you to play.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
I see Watch dogs is under a review embargo until release day , got me a bit worryed now if its as good as they claim why can't they post them
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
that deathhead guy is a belter of a baddie, love how it applies the perks automatically to the way you are playing the game
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I know what you mean but I have not seen any for Wolfenstein either and that is great so far.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
yeah still going to get it , all this talk of wolfenstein is making me want to play it now but i am so close to my spiderman plat may do that first
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
i cant see many people having a bad thing to say about wolf to be honest, really hope watch dogs dont go to shit at the last minute lol, still getting it, hope ubi can fix any problems with an update in time i suppose
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It just occurred to me playing Wolfenstein that it is been a while since I played a FPS where the enemies heads pop when you get a headshot.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
just seen the trophy's for watch dogs and there is some for the online invading part so it will be good to try it out
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
So you're saying if there wasn't trophies for the online invading you wouldn't of tried it?
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
yes joe i will be off exploring and finding things to do and i don't want to be invaded constantly by people who get the game early and have all the upgrades already which will happen so it will be off until i am ready
I'm sure there will be some kind of anti-griefing system
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
It's worrying that Watchdogs having a release day embargo. Hope the game turns out alright. Always think its unfair for release day embargo because people who have pre-ordered don't get a chance to cancel before reviews get posted. I don't judge games just on reviews but if most places give a game a bad review, you get a rough idea.
Simple solution. If a game release day embargo then don't pre-order it
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Like Nox said if you are unsure don't preorder it. I cancelled mine as planning on going digital for it seeing as it is out after a bank holiday.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
Normally I would cancel my pre order but I haven't had a new PS4 game since Infamous Second Son was released and want a new game to play on PS4. I got it pre-ordered for cheaper than what most PS4 games are going for when just released, so I'm willing to take a gamble on it.
If not just sell if for more than you paid for it
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
I am surprised that Wolfenstein did not get multiplayer. I am not fussed with MP myself, and I suppose the game is great as the focussed solely on single player, but I remember loads of people having loads of fun with RTCW sp and mp on Xbox and PC over 10 years ago
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
With Watch Dogs Ubisoft are stating that any reviews are false, and being done from the beta, so the online punishment thing could have been just in beta and will not be live. Also if it is reports from people getting game early, then it may be not happen after it officially launches, to prevent people getting ahead. Also interesting to note the Wii U version will have the best gameplay "Ultimately, if you don't want the welfare edition of Watch Dogs, get it on PC. However, if you want the version that's speculated to house the definitive gameplay of Ubisoft's vision of the hacktion title, many are claiming that the Wii U version will bring the fun. So basically, you get the PC version if you want the pimpin' graphics, or you get the Wii U version if you want the pimpin' gameplay. "
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
should have my spiderman plat in about 10 mins then i can crack on with wolfenstien
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
You will enjoy it Assassin it's great feel like I have been on it all day. Its nice to have a game without regenerating health for a change.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
is it a tough challenge
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Some parts more than others though it depends how you are playing it. If you take out the commanders without getting caught they wont send out for reinforcements
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
prob go for a stealth approach most of the time , should last me a while on the hard setting
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Thats what I have went for as well though sometimes all hell just breaks loose.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
sounds good
Anyone in their right mind would know that if Ubi put any effort at all into the Wii U version it would be the best gameplay wise