Spencer: 'A few things coming prior to E3'

Microsoft plans to make further Xbox announcements before E3 takes place next month.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer told Twitter followers that even though Halo 5 was detailed prior to E3, the company still has more to come.

Microsoft is planning to announce 'Games, Games, Games' during its E3 conference, so it could be that we'll get some announcements regarding the entertainment side of Xbox One before E3.

What do you think?

Edited On 20 May, 2014

Comments
Not really expecting much from MS, they've already let slip that their big hitters are a long way off and I doubt any new games they announce at E3 will arrive any time soon.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
I'm looking forward to E3 this year and I hope Microsoft and Sony just concentrate on the games, hopefully quite a few new IPs and not the games we already know about.I have a feeling though this E3 will be good.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
And MS announces crackdown 3 in the count down to e3. Maybe but we'll see.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
It seems a lot of major announcements are happening before E3 this year stuff like the Halo 5 details as well as the kinectless Xbox also Far Cry 4 being announced last week.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 3 years ago
3 games could make E3 for me. Fallout 4, Crackdown 3 and Halo 2.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
I still think Microsoft have got something up their sleeves, I can't see them announcing Halo 5, no doubt one/if not the biggest XB1 titles to come before E3 and then leave nothing major for the show. So many rumours floating about, Crackdown 3, Project Gotham 5, to name but a few. I hope they show Quantum Break, this looks very interesting. Would love to see Fallout 4 there aswell.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Square Softy I would also like to see fallout 4. But i really want an proper release date for beyond good & evil 2 the most.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
I would despair at those 3 being announced a remake and 2 sequels want to see some new games being launched not the same franchises again and again.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
Even though given the choice I'd rather totally new games, I don't mind sequels but not year in year out, for it's becoming boring now. There should be at least a 3 year gap between each one, that would keep my interest up more. It's going to be an interesting E3 though and as much I would look forward to a new Project Gotham or Uncharted, I'm going to be disappointed if at the show the majority of games are sequels or HD remakes.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
i think it might be for the entertainment side of things if E3 will be for the games , think we will see another crack down reveled and may be some news on quantum break as it all went quiet on the exclusive may be a release date
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 3 years ago
Yes Akemi, Beyond has been long over due. Some new games would be great to see, but sequels make mega money for developers so they will continue to pump them out.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 3 years ago
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
New IP's would be nice as well as some more exclusives. I'm interested to see what exclusives they've got lined up for the rest of the year as we know Gears of war and Halo aren't out this year.
I expect the only the only thing they'll have exclusive for the rest of the year is timed exclusive DLC for CoD.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I expect to see good things from all 3 this year. I just hope we don't see loads of trailers for games that won't be out for about 3 years. It seems that they are getting the obvious announcements out of the way early.
b3ddo3's avatar
b3ddo3 3 years ago
I thought that Sunset Overdrive, D4, Quantum Break, Fable Legends and Fantasia were all getting released this year, hopefully Microsoft will announce many more exclusives for release this year. Would love to hear news on Project Spark multiplayer.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I don't know about Quantum Break as thats getting a TV show as well so surely we would have heard something about that. The rest I could see coming out this year though.
Biggest thing coming out of E3 is The Legend of Zelda U gameplay
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
That will be good then we can go on a quest to eventually get the triforce to save princess Zelda ...... again :)
It isn't about the goal, it is about the journey
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I know. On a serious note it should be good and if it looks anything like that tech demo then I will be happy. Will also be able to play with a proper controller this time which is good.
Didn't like the Wiimote? Twilight Princess was made for the Gamecube so the Wii controls were tacked on but Skyward Sword was made for them
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Have not tried them for skyward sword but I have not liked them so far for any other game.
If it didn't give you a great experience then Ninty wouldn't build a game around it
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I will have to give it a try at some point but what some people like others don't.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
I hope by this they mean 'new games' in the actual sense, rather than 'new games' in the "Pre-existing projects we've paid EA/Capcom to not release on PS4" sense. Actually seeing some gameplay for Quantum Break might be nice as well, but given how far off it likely is I won't hold my breath.
Skyward Sword is considered one of the worst Zelda games & one of the best
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
I'll always remember Skyward Sword as the game where Nintendo forced you to buy a seperately sold controller accessory just to play it.
Unless you'd already got one free with Wii Sports resort ;)
Who didn't already have a Motion Plus Wiimote? Also the limited edition came with a Zelda Wiimote so you had no excuse
juvan1le's avatar
juvan1le 3 years ago
Sounds good, hope its news on a new IP
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
The vast majority of Wii owners wouldn't have had Wii Motionplus at that point I'd imagine, judging from the sales figures of the device if nothing else. I didn't have one when Zelda SS came out, only getting one a couple of months after when I found a used Red Steel 2 limited edition for a tenner in Gamestop. Also, I'd have thought Wii Sports Resort came free with the Motionplus rather than vice versa, no?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I didnt have one. Had to buy one separately but can't remember which game it was for.
I thought most people at least had the little accessory that plugs into the original WiiMote. Wasn't it like £10-£15?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Think I paid £20 for the full thing and it was black which made it cooler.