Child of Light coming to PS Vita

Ubisoft announced that Child of Light, the turn-based RPG set in the world of Lemuria, will release digitally on PlayStation Vita on July 2nd at the price of £11.99. It will also release on PlayStation Vita in a retail Complete Edition on the same day. This boxed edition will contain all additional game contents, including a bonus quest, a new character and a pack of collectibles.

Child of Light was created by a small team of developers in Montreal using Ubisoft’s UbiArt Framework, a powerful engine that lets programmers and artists bring their art to life by allowing original concept art to be inserted directly into the game world. In Child of Light, the effect is that playing becomes akin to stepping into an interactive painting.

Child of Light is now available to download on Xbox LIVE for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, the PlayStation Network for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, the eShop from Nintendo for the Wii U, and PC Digital, at the price of £11.99. Child of Light is also available in retail as a Complete Edition on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and on Windows PC.

Edited On 20 May, 2014

Comments
Chrissay's avatar
Chrissay 3 years ago
This is a nice little game. Bought for my daughter as she likes story tales, and she has really enjoyed it. We play multiplayer - 1 using aurora and the other using the firefly. I didn't expect this was a game that I would like myself, but it makes a change to have a relaxing game to play instead of being all so serious. I think it will look and play great on the ps vita too :)
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
That is actually really annoying that they're only announcing this now. Only reason I picked the game up on PS4 was because I was sure Ubisoft were done releasing games on Vita.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
I really should try this on ps4 not tryed it yet but keep hearing good things about it
Chrissay's avatar
Chrissay 3 years ago
@dark-assassin, yeah it seems that way to me too. Other people I know who have played it have enjoyed it too. Took about 10 hours to finish the story so for the price it's at and everything considered, pretty good value for money
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
I hope people who own the original Child of Light will be able to buy a upgrade to Complete Edition, which hopefully won't block sound in the Share Video. Does Shopto.net get the CE of Vita?
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 3 years ago
I really want to play this game because it's a turn based RPG and looks like the story will be good. The art work is lovely but does the whole side scrolling, puzzle solving work? :/
Chrissay's avatar
Chrissay 3 years ago
@squaresofty, yeah the side scrolling actually worked quite well. It makes the environments look 3D. The puzzle solving is quite simple and mostly requires the use of the firefly shining his light to do different things throughout the game. I'm not very good at explaining it but I would recommend the game or maybe watch some gameplay videos to see if you like it
Light Heavensword's avatar
Light Heavensword 3 years ago
It should really have been on the Vita in the first place, but great game, i have yet to complete it on PS4. Will Ubisoft give a discount to PS3/PS4 owners?
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
I've actually played this quite a few times on my vita via remote play. It looks fantastic on OLED like it was created for the Vita to begin with. You can also control the firefly (Igniculus) with Vita's touch screen so you just tap where you want him to go, easier and more efficient than using the right stick
Rob 3 years ago
really enjoying this game, but if i had knowing a vita version was on its way i would of waited. hoping there is some type of discount for those who bought ps3/ps4 version