Destiny to be first title to allow for pre-loading on PSN

As you know, pre-ordering a game on PSN will allow for automatic downloading on the day the title is released and news comes now that the first title to make use of this feature will be Destiny.

“Beginning with Destiny, certain pre-ordered titles can be automatically be pre-loaded prior to their release. This lets you rest easy knowing that your game will be ready for play the second its release date hits,” says a note on the PlayStation Support page, confirming that Bungie's title will be the first.

If a game can be pre-loaded it'll apparently be mentioned on the game's pre-order page.

Do you like this feature?

Edited On 21 May, 2014

Comments
lofty1234's avatar
lofty1234 3 years ago
I love how Watchdogs has just been ignored. It was clearly advertised a while ago that Watchdogs would be the first pre-load game. Now they are not going to be pre-loading until September!
juvan1le's avatar
juvan1le 3 years ago
I prefer physical games so i will probably never need this function
Ryan 3 years ago
I dont have a next gen console but i think this is a great feature, now if only digital was cheaper
Wonder if you can preload a game then just change the consoles setting to the release date to play it early.
HA! Doesn't work
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
I much prefer having all my games in disc based to have a collection, digital games are often way over priced at the moment and would fill your hard drive fast , although its a good idea to those who want a online game to have it ready the moment its out
Ryan 3 years ago
interesting
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 3 years ago
I would buy digital more if they actually charged a sane price. Though i do love a nice boxed game and also having that new game smell, mmmm :D
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Myself prefer physical games. But I guess its helpful for who prefer digital games.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I'm slowly warming to digital games, but I'm not quite there. I used to be a hoarder of music CDs (I still have bin bags full of them!!) but I'm now completely digital in that regard. The thing I dislike mostly with digital games is having to install them, and with limited space on many consoles, you can only have a handful of games installed at once. But you also don't suffer if from scratched discs. This pre-download is a nice feature, but it probably won't warm me to digital any faster. And I do agree with some of the other comments, why are digital games often dearer than physical copies?!
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 3 years ago
I'd always prefer to get a physical copy, works out cheaper and I like having a big collection on my shelf. Also makes me less lazy as i have to get up and fetch the games :P