Bank Holiday Chat: May 25

It's a bank holiday so there will be no news tomorrow.

In order to make up for this we do have some content for you though. You may have noticed that a review for Transistor has just went live and soon our Mario Kart 8 review will also go live.

I'm on holiday this week, so Colin will be writing the news from Tuesday, however, despite being on holiday I'm busy working away with reviews for Watch Dogs and Lemmings Touch, both of which will be with you on Tuesday.

So what are you up to/have been up to this bank holiday weekend?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 25 May, 2014

Comments
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Cool didnt know there was a new Lemmings game coming out. Went to see Godzilla this weekend but apart from that just been on Watch Dogs which has been pretty fun.
JUBAL 3 years ago
With the World Cup approaching, will be playing some Fifa but also getting familiar with FUT, as I don't normally delve into that mode. I'm looking fwd to the World Cup update but also looking fwd to seeing some reviews on Wathdogs as I'm still very much undecided on whether to purchase it.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
gonna do the first 3 episodes from season 2 of the walking dead, looking forward to watch dogs but its not really next gen any more, its been dumbed down too much since the first trailers over a year ago, but the pc version with NVidia tech looks amazing, still getting it , its just a shame as I know the PS4 could have handled it but its been pulled back to keep it on par with xbone
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It doesn't look as good as when it was revealed but it still does look nice.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
I think its way off how it first looked but yep still looks nice, ps3 could probably handle the ps4 version though that's whats getting me
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Will probably find that the PS3 and 360 version have less civilians wandering around. One thing I will say that it has that I found infamous was missing is character for the city as sometime in infamous I found it too empty. I reckon if we did not have a 360 and PS3 version coming out it would have looked a lot better.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
@Zombie how did u get watch dogs early
Played some Farcy 3 multiplayer yesterday, which I was disappointed to find out had absolutely no achievements, and blasted through episode 3 of the Walking Dead 2, also picked up Color Zen on the Wii U eshop, which has turned out to be a nice puzzler., and played a few rounds of Mario Golf.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
fair enough , so its just the graphics that has been dumbed down but the city is still full of life
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
got my wolfenstein plat the other day other wise just played a bit of GTA V , too much rain and thunder where i am to go out doors lol
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
rain and thunder forecast for ours too soon, gamers paradise lol , now we have an excuse to stay playin
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
yeah lol i am in the west mids and the rain has been none stop half of our front drive is flooded out
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
@ JOE the editor have you seen the reviews posted on the watch dogs ps4 product page , people have just been posting rubbish about shop to is there any way to remove them do not know why people have to do things like that
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Got it from a tesco nearby that were selling it early, wasnt going to argue. I don't understand why people do that either Assassin they just seem like children.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
Have they fixed the issue when your stats get reset if you do not play online
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Its only the one for the online hacking that gets reset. It is the notoriety which is your hacking xp, it also disable the skills you have gained for doing the online hacking but the skills for the other progressions stay the same. I understand disabling the skills but I do find putting the xp down is a bit harsh.
JoeToots 3 years ago
This weekend i've been playing sniper elite v2 and i'm loving it you feel like an absolute god with the sniper in it! just one more geezer to find and kill i think. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and isn't getting to drunk!
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
Did you turn off all the hud things joe much more better experience
JoeToots 3 years ago
No i left them all on as i'm still not that comfortable with mouse and keyboard so i'm sort of using this game to try and get use to it.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
when you do just use one or two notches above the enemy's head to compensate for the drop ect normally works , you feel great when you get it spot on , cannot wait for sniper 3 with bigger spaces to play in
JoeToots 3 years ago
ohhh no i never use the little red square thingy
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
might go and fire my copy up on the ps3 for a bit , need some thing to play
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
no never used that makes it too easy once i got used to not using it , it was way better
i agree
juvan1le's avatar
juvan1le 3 years ago
Lemmings? theres a new one, did not know about that!
JoeToots 3 years ago
i want some fried chicken
fried chicken http://puu.sh/90Fgm.png
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
I have been moaning at Amazon. I ordered Watch Dogs Dedsec for PC at Amazon back in August and was £60.99 then, but my order has not even been processed yet, and it has an estimated delivery of Thursday 29th May, although if dispatched Tue 1st class (when Amazon CS say it is being dispatched) it should be Wed 28th, but still not good enough. Yet I've seen others say they have it from Amazon already. They must have processed the full price ones first, rather than in preorder date order. This is why shopto is the best, they do their best to get it to everyone at once, instead of pleasing some and shafting others. Actually the PC version is cheaper with Shopto now, but I could not switch with a whopping £25 saving. It is things like this that keep highlighting that shopto is the best, and will still buy from shopto even if prices are more. Looking forward to next week winning a PS4 ;) Then I will instantly buy Watch Dogs PS4 and Infamous and then maybe Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag plus a PS Vita for remote play depending on how rich I am and all from Shopto during June, and then some Vita games.
http://imgur.com/nsDHagz chicken!!
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
I want a 1080p Full HD 3D TV, a top of the range gaming laptop, a mobile phone / tablet capable of running smartglass / playing Watch Dogs tablet-console / playing videos / taking hi-res pictures (all I use atm is my 3DS and resolution is rubbish), . All a bit more expensive than fried chicken!
Paddy 3 years ago
Looking forward to watch dogs on tuesday. Just hope the bank holiday doesn't screw things up...
yes but... CHICKEN!!!!
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
bloody hell tony any nokia Lumia runs smartglass, its shite tho, ive used Nokia Lumias for 4 years, smartglass has been a waste of space to be completely honest, all it does is becomes a crappy unresponsive version of a controller, maps keep disconnecting etc.. also Samsung have a 4K ultra HD tv available for under a grand now
selfdestruct's avatar
selfdestruct 3 years ago
While I wait on watchdogs and Mario kart, I think I'll play some dead rising 3 and possibly outlast whistleblower
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
oh yeah whistleblower, I was thinking of something to play before completely forgot I had WB
JoeToots 3 years ago
finished sniper elite v2, great game not much of a story but you feel like god taking on a full army with the sniper
Luke 3 years ago
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm relatively frustrated watchdogs didn't come out before the bank holiday weekend! It's also frustrating to see a handful of people who have received the game already and are posting clips all over the internet, game clips on the xbone and twitch on ps4! So I've spent my bank holiday out in the sun, ( o the horror!)
Tuesday is a really stupid day to release games even without the bank holiday, they only do it to artificially boost sales in the first week of release.
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
At least you had sun Luke its done nothing but rain here.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
Watched some live stream of watch dogs last in free roam looks a lot of fun just got to wait one more day , just hope postie isn't going to be late
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 3 years ago
I went MCM expo, played more MK8 and picked up an awesome Yoshi t-shirt Gave Wolfenstein a 2 hour go and surprisingly enjoyed it. Also I started Child of Light last night and am seriously impressed, I love it. Going to be playing it as much as I can before the 30th.
Light Heavensword's avatar
Light Heavensword 3 years ago
I played a bit of Child Of Light and saw Xmen-The Last Stand. I was thinking of getting a 4K TV but the Sony Bravia 55 inch sets are £2000, i can get one but i might aswell just wait until the price drops as their are no 4K movies yet. @Jay where did you see the Samsung ones for under £1000?
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
The hacking in watch dogs is quite a lot of fun, still have to try the other modes but I didnt enjoy the racing.
The only reason to get a 4K display is high end pc gaming, but to do that you need a £700-£1000 GPU. 4K isn't worth the price right now
Light Heavensword's avatar
Light Heavensword 3 years ago
What GPU's would be able to do 4K gaming? Titan's? Because they seem to be the most expensive. Also what games would be able to run in 4K? Because even Watch Dogs only goes up to 1080p at the most from what i've seen.
AMD Radeon R9 295 is the most powerful card on the market right now coming in at over £1000 but the R9 270/280 cards are also able to output at a 4K resolution but you would be taking away from other areas. The max output for Watch Dogs is what ever your GPU can output at (If your display can handle it)
DayZ can run in 4K and i'm sure Crysis can
Light Heavensword's avatar
Light Heavensword 3 years ago
@Loli Oh ok what would you be taking away from other areas? I was thinking of getting a PC and i think that 4K is the real next generation of gaming, but you're right it's quite expensive at the moment and i'm happy with my PS4 right now.
Light Heavensword's avatar
Light Heavensword 3 years ago
I've never heard of DayZ before.
The other areas being 60FPS or over (You would average 25fps) & you would need to turn off Anti Aliasing, lower draw distance and most other settings
JoeToots 3 years ago
I want more fried chicken today
Crysis can do anything cos .... well ....... it's Crysis
JoeToots 3 years ago
You've never heard of DayZ? get out.
Hell even Dark Souls 2 can output to 4K, and while the PC port is miles better than Prepare to Die, it is still considered to be a sun-optimal PC port
Fried chicken
More chicken! http://i.imgur.com/Aaz3PoX.jpg
I feel like chicken tonight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heqkCV5XatY
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Have they actually put zombies into Day Z yet? Last time I played it for a few hours there was nothing but walking.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Hey Zombie been playing a fair bit of Powerstar Golf would you be able to share your caddie at some stage. Cant see you on any rival mode courses either?
There has always been Zombies in DayZ. It's just more of a walking simulator right now
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
An walking simulator game? Now ive heard it all.
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Sure its strange the way the friends work on the xbox one so I will make sure I add you when I am on next. I don't think you get xp when you use my caddie but I do. I will go back and try it again sometime Nox i played it for a few hours before and found nothing not even people.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Nox did you see the Senran Kagura 2 Shinku [Nyuu Nyuu DX Pack] on play-asia it looks sweet. I would love for the uk to get this later this year or next.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Yeah I have added you on my friends list but maybe it done it as a follower I dont know still getting to grips with the UI. The caddie thing is mainly for the achievement and need to figure out how to eran xp while sleeping. Its weird cause I see all your drives and closest to pin attempts just no rival matches.
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I have to add you as well but its annoying I get no notifications from it. You should see them when I add you as well. Will send you a message when I add you.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Cheers Zombie only other person i see playing it is Ihatejoeballie.
JoeToots 3 years ago
Yeah they have added zombies on DayZ but they're not vbery good at the moment they can walk through walls and stuff.
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I have you added now and you are on my rivals list so that should be ok for you now as well.
Every Senren Kagura game is almost guaranteed to be released in Europe going forward considering Burst was a huge success (I think Shinovi Versus is early 2015 release) Even the Anime is likely to be picked up by Manga UK (Although it is just a fan service laden piece of crap)
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Nox got to say the ps vita original senren kagura did not come to the uk still so yeah. Also there fan service in the games you know or did you miss that haha.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Cheers Zombie will have a look tonight when i am home from work.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
As long versus witch is the vita game i was talking about. Hope we get an physical release here in the uk & not dam digital only for shinovi versus when usa will no don't get normal release.
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
You should get some xp next time you are on as well, played a rivals round against you and you won just on the amount of xp you earned we both got a score of -5
JoeToots 3 years ago
Don't think ill get much watch dogs time over the week i made a mistake by purchasing football manager
Senren Kagura Burst is just an updated version of the original game. Sure the game has a lot (A LOT) of fan service but at least it has substance. It is kinda like how the Manga for Rosario+Vampire is miles better than the abortion that is the Rosario+Vampire Anime
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Cheers Zombie will have a go at some of yours in the next few days what packs have you been buying I have been doing the elite packs but wondering if i should just save up for top ones
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I usually buy the second from last but if you can it is better waiting for the last one to get some good gear.