Watch_Dogs sets new record for Ubisoft day one sales

Ubisoft has announced that Watch_Dogs has smashed their past record for day one sales at the French company.

“I once said that the buzz around Watch Dogs was driven by the incredible passion of our early fans,” says Creative Director Jonathan Morin. “Today we broke the record for the biggest first day sales in Ubisoft history. I can never say it enough: thank you everyone! We love you all for your passion and your creativity.”

“Watch Dogs is an amazing achievement and our teams should be proud that the creativity, innovation and long hours they invested in making this game are paying off,” said Ubisoft’s co-founder and CEO Yves Guillemot. “It’s great to see so many customers enjoy playing the game, and it shows that Watch Dogs has cracked the code for developing a new blockbuster IP and a thoroughly new-gen experience.”

Cracked the code? Oh Yves, you master of puns.

Watch_Dogs is available now on PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.

Edited On 29 May, 2014

Comments
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
i was reading this last night quite impressive , i think AC is a better game particually ac2 and 4 but i still love watch dogs all the same its a great game , been playing the online hacking none stop love that bits
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Same here, I have spent more time doing the hacking and random missions rather than the story ones.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
I agree it's a great game. Done a few story missions but then started doing online stuff. Still can't online hack to save my life. Online trailing is quite easy though. Haven't tried any racing yet.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
I haven't spent much time on it to be honest i got distracted by football manager yesterday..
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
i am good at hacking but can never find the other player hacking me , i only found one person but they were driving funny so i spot'ed them
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I like to hide in a multi story car park at the top when I am hacking.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
I've been hacked a few times, can never find them either. I've found the odd person hacking me but that's only because they've made it so obvious. What tips would you give for hacking someone?
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
i always find getting out to the very edge of the circle is best as they often look around the middle area and get in cars and hide most often they will not check i had a guy out side a car i was in looking at him and he did not even notice me
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Best way to find the hacker also would be thinking like a hacker... I.e run around the edge of the area.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
Thanks for the tips. Just tried hacking someone and got 84%, so I'm getting closer to a successful hack. Doesn't help that it's hard to find someone, don't if that's due to my internet connection or rubbish servers though.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
i think it will start to get tougher now as people will unlock more upgrades to help them out ect
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Could be the servers as I only had issues since the game actually released. Sit in a car in traffic sometimes works as well, also dont sit in the fast cars its they ones that usually get checked first. Also I have never seen an NPC drive a bike.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
Cheers for the tips. I just got my first successful hack, I was hidden behind a wooden fence, the guy didn't have a clue where I was.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I got one hiding in a skip. Remember if you are being hacked you can use the Jammer to stop the hack for a wee bit.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
You can also get on the roof of the train station I have hid from a few up there.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
I've had a few more goes getting closer to successful hacks. It's a good online game though, something different.
PhilyB's avatar
PhilyB 3 years ago
probably wait for the GOTY edition
Chrissay's avatar
Chrissay 3 years ago
I like the online hacking it is fun and different from most other games. I have won 8 hacks and lost only one and the only advice I have is to try and blend in. I just drive around slowly following the traffic in the circle area and then when the zone shrinks really small, I park up at the side of the road and hide in the car. The match I lost was one where I was being hacked :(
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
just got two hacks left for my trophy and then its just the online races to do for the online trophys
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Not shocked by this with all the hype & all. But i just hope ubisoft now will give an release date for beyond good & evil 2 already at e3.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 3 years ago
Really great game so much more enjoyably then GTA V by far, Watch Dogs is most entertaining sandbox game i have played in years.