Sony teasing new God of War for E3?

This is a little random, but Sony Santa Monica could just have teased a God of War announcement for E3.

An earthquake hit Westwood, near Los Angeles on Sunday and the studio commented on this by saying:

Is this a tease for a new or remastered version of God of War, a cheeky joke or just a random comment.

Let us know what you think below.

Edited On 02 Jun, 2014

Comments
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 3 years ago
I've been insanely bored of this franchise since 3 was released.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I feel the same, struggled through 3 and didnt enjoy it all that much.
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
Is it bad i haven't played any God of War games? I've played Dante's Inferno so close enough i guess in terms of gameplay.
I have only played God Of War 1 & I don't think I will ever play another one on the count of Kratos being a massive dickhead
Kuzz's avatar
Kuzz 3 years ago
God of War 3 was so epic. They done that trilogy justice. BUT Ascension was boring imo. I felt like they just did it to release another title on the PS3. I'm hoping it will be a new God of War but I hope they put more effort into it and I hope it's only for PS4 so we can get some of the awesome power of it on the game like they managed to use the PS3 for when they did GOW3. So excited for E3.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
I'm the same as Zombie, even though I was really enjoying 3 at the start, halfway through I started to struggle and it was one of those games where I wanted to see it through but couldn't wait for it to end. Who knows, if there is a new one it might get me excited for it when I see some footage, now though it's a case of not really bothered either way.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 3 years ago
@Baiken - Try playing GoW 1 and then don't go to any others. Once you've done that then you've done them all. Dante was incredible.
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
@Square - I was gonna try GoW 3 but Kratos just doesn't strike me as an interesting character, i'll check out GoW 1 through a walkthrough i think. Agreed even though it got alot of hate lashed towards it Dante's Inferno was a great game.
PhilyB's avatar
PhilyB 3 years ago
Another God of War ?, as long as its not another prequel
Sony should just go Software only
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
While the predictable responses to a new release in a successful Sony owned IP are expected, it's worth pointing out this tweet was likely in reference to an earthquake that occurred in LA earlier, hence the hashtags.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It just was not my cup of tea, I like the style of games normally just couldnt get into 3 though it did look fantastic. I remember playing the first one but never finished it due to my memory card corrupting but I enjoyed that one. I would like to see another Dantes Inferno though.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Dante's Inferno was pretty much a straight copy of GOW3, but with smaller scale level design.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
@ Zombie, I never got on with Dantes Inferno either so I guess that's a good clue why the God of War games never really done much for me lol. I'm just hoping Sony show off a new Uncharted at E3, now this would get my interest, at the moment though for me, this whole "Greatness Awaits", well, I'm still waiting ;)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I preferred the story though, I couldnt get into the story for GoW 3.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
I play games like those for the gameplay personally, which is the stance I was speaking from. The stories in both were pretty much trash.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Thats fair enough, I would say though my favourite game like that recently has been the most recent Devil May Cry and the first of the Castlevania lords of shadow the second was terrible.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
I actually liked DmC a lot as well. Got royally slated for truly bullshit reasons imo. Wasn't so fond of Lords of Shadow though. The combat in that game was insanely stiff and lacking in feedback compared to pretty much any other hack and slasher going.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah I agree with you there about DmC, I actually preferred the new Dante and the world it was in. Shame we probably wont get a sequel though.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 3 years ago
God of War Collection now coming to PS4 :P
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Never enjoyed god of war. But good for fans of the series, i prefer devil may cry & bayonetta myself.