Forza Horizon 2 confirmed for Autumn 2014

Forza Horizon 2 is in development for Xbox One and Xbox 360 and will be released this Autumn.

The sequel has been developed by UK-based Playground Games with support from Microsoft's Turn 10. The game will take place in Southern Europe and will follow a music festival theme as per the previous game.

"[Turn 10 and Playground] share this belief that we can create a true home for racing fans on Xbox One,” Horizon 2 creative director Ralph Fulton told IGN.

Forza Horizon 2 will include hundreds of cars, according to Playground Games, headlined by the 2015 Lamborghini Huracan. A new all weather system will also make its Forza debut, while Forza 5’s Drivatar system is also being adapted for Horizon 2.

We expect to hear more details on this and get hold of the first trailer at E3.

Edited On 02 Jun, 2014

Comments
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
You put in the title 2015 but in the news you say this autumn.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 3 years ago
Typo. Thanks for pointing it out.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
NP, glad it is this year though.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
FANTASTIC NEWS! I loved the first game and over the moon it's now been officially confirmed. Was expecting if anywhere for this to be announced at E3 but not complaining :) Forza Horizon 2, Project Cars and hopefully The Crew for 2014, I'm a happy gamer!!!
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Wow... not even Xbox One exclusive. That's very surprising. Though I suppose if the Xbox One version is just going to be a last gen up-port then there's really no excuse for it to not be 1080p/60fps when it releases. Though it would also be fascinating to see reactions if it's still 30fps on Xbox One at the same time.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
"While the predictable responses to a new release in a successful Microsoft owned IP are expected" :)
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
I'm not sure what you believe that proves, but unless I was crapping on the game while praising an obvious clone of it it's hardly a comparable scenario. I merely look forward to hearing more details about this title and seeing how those details will be received by some is all. I make no assumptions or claims as to what the game itself is actually like.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
According to VG on Twitter, there will be loads of Forza Horzion 2 footage/info coming out at E3. And did my eyes deceive me, "Dynamic Weather" in a Forza title? about bloody time lol, again this is brilliant news, well for me anyway ;)
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
They werent really crapping on God of War while praising its clone though, also is God of War not just a clone of Devil may cry? Just because they are the same type of gameplay doesnt mean they are clones. it was the story I couldnt get into for GoW 3 which makes me less interested in another one, if they went for the same style of gameplay with a different set of characters and story I would be interested.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 3 years ago
I have skipped the last 2 Forza titles so I'll be playing this one for sure, I look forward to seeing how much it has improved.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Remember the Horizon ones are more arcade racers where the normal ones are sims.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 3 years ago
Oh right, I haven't tried Horizon, the last one I played fully was 3, and 4 a little bit
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
As much as I loved the first Forza Horizon, I just hope this time there's more freedom to roam/explore, a.k.a Test Drive!
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
"Well if Eurogamer and Console Monster are to be believed, the reason Forza Horizon 2 was announced now is because Microsoft have another racing title to be revealed at E3, if true my money is on Project Gotham 5." - Seriously? Why would anyone announce two of the same types of game at basically the same time? They'd cannabilise each other's sales if nothing else. Sounds unlikely to me, as does the prospect of PGR5 because without Bizarre what would be the point?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah it would be a bit strange to have two console exclusive racing games at the same time, especially the same type of racing game.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
I don't see a problem with announcing two ( or even more ) at the same time, not releasing at the same time though. We know now that Horizon 2 is 2014, if the PGR5 rumour is true, can't see it being released until at least 2015. As for "What would be the point without Bizarre?", why not? Don't get me wrong, given the choice it would be great if these folks could work on another one but it doesn't automatically mean someone else couldn't or wouldn't even do a better job.
jack_p90's avatar
jack_p90 3 years ago
this is great news. i loved the first one. hopefully we'll see some footage or at least a trailer at e3.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
http://www.totalxbox.com/77310/forza-horizon-2-xbox-one-runs-on-forza-5s-engine-sumo-to-create-xbox-360-version/ Looks like 2 different teams working on 360 and XB1 versions.