Batman: Arkham Knight delayed until 2015

Batman: Arkham Knight has been delayed into 2015.

The game will now release next year as more time is needed in order to bring the best possible experience to gamers.

Speaking at a press event, Guy Perkins said, “We just want to make the best experience we possibly can and we need more time to do that.

“I think what we’ve shown so far is a super ambitious project and we just want to make sure we are giving Batman fans and gamers the best Batman experience that we can possibly deliver and that just takes time.

“I think we would be doing fans a disservice if we didn’t spend the time on the title. We just want it to be really great.”

Batman: Arkham Knight was originally due this year on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Edited On 03 Jun, 2014

Comments
You will forgive them for a delaying the game but you won't forgive them for a crappy game
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
2014 is becoming year of the delay.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
2014 is certainly the "Year For Delays"! I just read this on IGN to, someone made an interesting comment, basically said both XB1/PS4 were rushed out so neither would get a head start, makes you wonder if true with so many games being delayed, maybe a few of the developers just weren't ready so to speak.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I would say the xbox one was definitely rushed out and maybe the PS4 as well with the shortages but that could be just down to how well it has sold. I don't mind delays as long as it helps the game to be better. Origins should have been delayed instead it was a buggy mess.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
While that really sucks, it's probably for the best as October is already overstuffed with releases and I'd hate to see such a great looking game get buried.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
Weird thing though with this, I'm not actually bothered about it, I absolutely loved the first Batman, played it through 3 times, the second game though, I don't think I got halfway through, I just couldn't get into it which is odd as most of my friends preferred it over the first.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
" I would say the xbox one was definitely rushed out and maybe the PS4 as well with the shortages but that could be just down to how well it has sold." - Yep, shortages were more a result of demand than production capability on the PS4 front. They've managed to ship around 10 million consoles by this point in time, which is no small feat to pull off for brand new hardware. Don't think it was rushed though, but several features were clearly not ready in time for launch. The hardware itself and the devkits were in a very matured state at launch time however. Xbox One appears as though it was never intended for a 2013 release originally though imo, seeing as it's releasing a year or so late in a lot of territories, most of the games ready for it's launch period were delayed/cancelled 360 titles and the devkits have been taking quite a while to get to a fully workable level, as evidenced by poor port jobs on some titles and those multiplatform games that are coming out on PS4 but not Xbox One (eg. Bound by Blood, MotoGP15, Samurai Warriors 4, etc). For better or worse though, they're both on shelves now, and a rough first year was always going to happen with regard to games hitting deadlines... same as it was last gen.
ShoryukenToTheChin's avatar
ShoryukenToTheChin 3 years ago
Man defo 2014 is the year of the 'DELAY'
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 3 years ago
It's best to release a working game rather than a broken one. I'm glad it's delayed. Games are made too fast at the moment.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I agree with you there Prometheus it just amazes me that both of them are completely missing features that were in the previous models. At a push I would have said the xbox one should have launched at March with Titanfall as thats when they started adding in the major updates that should have been there all along.
jack_p90's avatar
jack_p90 3 years ago
annoying news but if it's to make the game even better then can't complain. better to delay and be really good then release early and be filled with bugs
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Yeah, I think March was a very likely original release date for Xbox One, but then, I can see the reasoning in not wanting to give the PS4 an entire holiday unopposed as well. The missing features I can sort of understand given how radically different the PS4 hardware is from the PS3, so existing features likely needed to be redone from scratch for PS4. Could be a while before everything is present and accounted for sadly.
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 3 years ago
Not that bothered really, as from the trailer(s) it looks as if Rockst34dy are on a high that they are in vogue as a developer & seem to be rather a*sed to do justice to a good 'Batman, Bob Kane' port, to be frank. Don't get me wrong, I loved Batman Arkham City (& Arkham Origins has some great bits which made me get it for the Wii U), especially that Rash-Al-Ghul segue in BatmanAC, which felt like pure b0nk3rs gaming, but all-of-a-sudden they seem like th0se rappers & Country music stars, that all they can spout out, is how much bl1ng they're accruing & personally, I am loathe to buy into that. That said, as soon as Warner Bros. announce a great collector's edition with another figurine, steelbook, additional DLC odds-&-ends, comic books (preferably a re-issue of Batman#1 & Batman:The Killing Joke) & maybe a Two/Face&Joker coin for PS4, I'll gladly pre-order it & hopefully through Sh0pT0, if 'the Price is Right', mind!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 3 years ago
Just seen the 'Batmobile Showcase Trailer' & in the background you can see banners up with 'Halloween Parade' written on them & orange balloons, meaning they must have had a Fall release date in mind. Would seem shame if they miss that, as it would be more iconic to release it coinciding with that time of year, really. I mean, how would sales be affected? I would sooner get a good 'Batman' game over many other titles, that's fersure!
redtodead's avatar
redtodead 2 years ago
nooooooooooooooo October without batman is just not right