Thursday Chat: June 5

Now that Xbox LIVE Gold has taken the PlayStation Plus route, users can now get two titles a month, meaning that if you have a Xbox 360, PS3, PS Vita and PS4 you could potentially get over 10 free games a month all in.

So what do you think of this system? Have you signed up to Xbox LIVE Gold, PlayStation Plus or both? What systems do you own? Obviously the more you own, the more you'll benefit. Also, are you happy with the quality of games on offer?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 05 Jun, 2014

Comments
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 2 years ago
I think the games on offer are fairly decent, could have been better with games like need for speed or ryse, but could have been worse with the fighter within :p can never complain about free games
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
I'm PS+ and I'm toying with Xbox Gold as I've just picked up PVZ for the 360. However, I think I'll wait until I run out of scratchable free Gold membership cards before I take the plunge because at the moment, I'm only Gold when I want to be. In other news, the Wii U just turned up and shall be booted up tonight for a localised Mario Kart Party!
Free is always good, not sure it's enough of an incentive to make me pay to play online though, the games on 360 weren't enough that's for sure. I'll have to see how both services shape up on current gen consoles, neither are particularly enticing so far, like the consoles themselves, it may be a contributory factor in which console I go for.
Dark Souls 2 is the only reason I have Gold
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Free games is a nice incentive for having to pay to play online there arent many games I play online so the £40 is a bit expensive but free games does sweeten the deal now.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
PS Plus can be hit and miss. Sometimes you get good games, other times you get complete trash. Apart from Resogun I haven't downloaded any games through PS Plus for PS4. Should get better games for PS4 through Plus once the games library gets bigger. I've had most of my PS Vita games through Plus though. So it's definitely been worth it for that.
Outlast is Trash? Mercenary Kings is Trash? That is ...... I'm speechless. Anyhoo you owe it to yourself to give Trine 2 a download
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I'm not saying those games are trash. I should have been more clear, the games so far for PS4 haven't been great games or games I've been interested in. But I can remember before PS4 came along when you'd get PS3 games that were trash.
Calling them Trash is a bit harsh don't you think? You are getting the game for free so even if it is out of your comfort zone give it a download and you might be surprised
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Perhaps it was a bit harsh. I can't remember the exact games every month, but each time they announce the games for PS4 through Plus I'm just a bit disappointed. I understand I'm expecting too much, but in a years time hopefully we might start seeing great games on Plus. By then the PS4 games library should be quite extensive.
You already do have great games on PS+. You mean AAA games
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
For the price of a PS plus monthly sub i could get 3 games on PC... PC master race!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
btw love the new shop layout
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
also noticed cycling gear has been added.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Shopto do seem to sell some random things every now and then reckon they must buy stock clearance stuff from bust businesses every now and then.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
Like others have said, free is always good, even if you try the games and don't like them, all you've lost is the time it took to download them. My personal 2 favourite PS+ titles are Resogun and Warframe, I've spent more time on these 2 games than any other PS4 title I've paid for so more than happy. From what I've played so far of Halo and Max I think Microsoft are off to a decent start so it will be interesting to see what they offer in future. To be honest though, even without the free games I'm still more than happy to pay for my yearly sub just to be able to party up with friends and family, MP/co-op and if you shop about there's some great deals, the 2 years I have stacked up on Xbox cost me just under £55, more than happy and I got a 1 year PS+ free with my PS4 :)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
For anyone wanting to boost there games collection a little http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=958029
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I am happy to just get loads of free games every month so its all good.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
Yeah me too, has been nice to try out games I have thought about. I knew being patient would work out.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
You see ts been confirmed now that Dead Rising 3 is coming out on the PC through Steam.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 2 years ago
Trying to resist getting a wii u on finance..
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 2 years ago
I have been sub to PS+ since day and I am very happy with the game they offer
Give in LFC, everyone needs Mario Kart in their lives.
Nope! I don't agree with getting stuff on Finance
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 2 years ago
I'd only be paying back an extra 30ish quid, the Mario kart bundle console is out of stock :(
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 2 years ago
If I win Mario Kart tomorrow I'll get one of the other bundles.
That's cheating! You can't say you will be buying something for Shopto if you win! Your name isn't Tony (J/K)
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Mario Kart is brilliant. A tad annoyed at using the big touch screen pad to play but no doubt there will be a way to change that that I've not found yet. My friends are currently having fun creating the S/O in the Mii Universe
What do you mean using the Gamepad to play exactly? I don't see how it is annoying in the slightest
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
It's just a tad too large for my hands and my thumb begins to ache after a few races
That is just normal with the Gamepad until you get used to it. Put me off playing the Wii U for the longest time
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
And I keep crashing looking down at the map :P
I don't really look at the map. Only times I do are when I go offroad or when I finish so I can see how far ahead I am of everyone
Don't know why the gamepad gets so much hate, saw some stupid woman on this crappy show playing Mario Kart on it the other day and was complaining about it, plus she was claiming to be a Mario kart expert, but was all over the place and called the green shells bullets. Gaming TV is so shit.
The Gamepad is a bit ... weird to use for your first time but it doesn't take that long to get use to it
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Mayhaps I just need to get used to it, but it is the largest controller I've ever used and my dainty little hand has suffered a bit tonight. Still, booted up the gamecube for some classic Mario Party. The computer is trounching us
Course they are! Cheating little bastards
Luigi death stare is getting serious https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10402619_326578697491284_2391707526161787356_n.jpg
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I can see Luigi being the most played character online after all the death stare things.
Not played as him once yet ;)
Peach and Koopa Troopa for me
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I have been going through the characters to unlock the stamps for each character. I normally end up going Luigi anyway but that probably because I was always player 2 in the normal Mario games.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Unlocked Larry as the first character, and he's the one I keep picking
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 2 years ago
Its not like that at all lol :) its just the only reason id be buying the wii u is for mario kart primarily, then see what else is about like smash bros
tis was a joke
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 2 years ago
I know :) what other good games are their other than mario kart? The new zelda looks pretty awesome
Wonderful 101, best version of Rayman Legends, arguable the best version of Human Revolution, best version of Blacklist (Imo), Wind Waker, ZombiU, Monster HunterU, Wii Games & the Virtual Console
Well Capcpom have announced Dead Rising 3 is coming to Steam now http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dead-rising-3-coming-to-pc-this-summer-system-specs-revealed/1100-6420128/
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
You also have lego city. I saw that earlier Nox wonder if its cap com that have decided that or if it was Phil Spencer as he has said he is planning on supporting the PC side of things. Either way more people get to play it which is good.
Yea
Nintendo have something called Mario Maker for E3. http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/5/5784190/mario-maker-nintendo-e3-2014-rumor