Forza Horizon 2 gets E3 2014 sneak peak

It looks like we get a little look at Forza Horizon 2 before E3 courtesy of IGN.

Check out the footage below and get ready for more at E3.

Edited On 06 Jun, 2014

Comments
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 3 years ago
Very interesting and a flagship game for the Xbone. Graphically it is outstanding but is it that much a step up from a Gran Turismo 6 on the PS3? With some rumours I've heard Sony are ready to port that game as a GT filler... But on the spin side really is it a good thing Sony porting all these games from the PS3 days and souping them up. I don't really think they've pushed the boundaries at all although it's the stronger machine. Still PS4 will come good :)
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
" Very interesting and a flagship game for the Xbone." - Really? The fact that it's also on 360 would make that a fairly sad indictment of the Xbox One's current games situation I'd have thought :/
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
I would imagine the 2 versions will not be quite the same considering they are not being developed by the same team. "Forza Horizon 2 will be developed by Sumo Digital for the Xbox 360 using Forza Horizon's engine as a baseline, and the Xbox One version will be developed by Playground Games using Forza Motorsport 5's engine as a baseline" Sumo did Outrun on Xbox, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Playground games did the original Forza Horizon. The Xbox ONE version will be the true sequel.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
I've said it before but as much as I loved the first Forza Horzion I'm really pleased to hear this one is more open like Test Drive. Really can't wait to see more of this at E3.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Tony, both versions are going to have the same content. The only differences are likely to be minor technical ones. Same deal as with Titanfall on Xbox One and 360 basically. And to be frank, I'd trust Sumo Digital to do a decent job before I'd trust Playground.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 years ago
looks great i would pick this up for the xbox one when i get one
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
Titanfall were both developed by Respawn. No game by differnt developers have been the same. Transformers Dark of the Moon on 360 was a full action adventure game and developed by High Moon Studios, yet the Wii version was just a car combat game developed by Behaviour Interactive. Moto GP on Xbox was done by THQ whereas on PS2 it was Namco, similar content but not quite the same. Sumo may be good but Playground did the first Forza Horizon, and the Sumo version may not feel like Forza Horizon. Bioware made great RPG single player games, but when it came to SWTOR it tanked, as they were clueless about MMOs and were unable to retain players. However it could end up doing better like Tomb Raider Legend did by Crystal dynamics after Angel of darkness by Core design.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 3 years ago
The fact it's on both consoles is to ensure people still take an interest in the 10year old 360 but it's likely to be a dumbed down version. You could say the game about loads of games at the moment though. Evil Within, Wolfenstein, Spider-Man 2 all been released on last gen and next gen. It's transition period
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
" Titanfall were both developed by Respawn. No game by differnt developers have been the same." - Titanfall on 360 wasn't made by Respawn, it was made by Bluepoint.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Kevin was it not made by respawn then ported by bluepoint? i might be wrong here..
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
Few decent articles on OXM about this. Liking the sound of Horizons 2 using Forza 5 Drivatar System, with there being loads of collectibles to find you could see your friend on there, follow his/her Drivatar and hope they lead you to some hidden stuff. I don't believe it will be drastically different from the first, just bigger, more open with a lot more events/collectibles to find. Be interesting to see what/if any new online features there are with online clubs that can have up to a 1000 members.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
Titanfall does not interest me much so not totally clued up on it, but Bluepoint is not mentioned on the Wikipedia page of Titanfall, yet Sumo, Turn 10 and PLayground games are already on the Fora Horizon 2 Wiki page. Actually from what is said, is that the 360 version will based off Forza Horizon 1, so the game will be like Forza horizon 1, but in a different location, East Europe (if I recall right) instead of colorado. Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox ONE will use the drivatar system so all AI racers will be based off player data, where as the 360 version will just have the rivals at the end of each race, and the AI racers will be just like a normal racing game.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
TONY just though i'd let you know that Wikipedia isn't a reliable source as its own disclaimer states, information on Wikipedia is contributed by anyone who wants to post material, and the expertise of the posters is not taken into consideration. Users may be reading information that is outdated or that has been posted by someone who is not an expert in the field or by someone who wishes to provide misinformation
Meh, Forza sucks.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
Forza with the Drivatar system makes all other racing games suck, when playing single player. Usual racing games AI follow a set path, usually drive perfectly, and if you are behind going slowly so do they, but if you drive fast and race near perfect so do they - racing games played as single player have gotten predictable and boring until Forza 5 came along
Mario Kart > every other driving game ever made > Forza
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
Drivatar pmsl , who thought of that, a donkey taking a shit, Forza is a massive cash cow ive gotta be honest, not being biased neither ive got forza upstairs, refuse to buy car packs though
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
I have to agree, the Drivatar system on Forza 5 is what made this ( in single player ) stand out from any other racer I've played, no more boring predictable AI, no race is ever the same. I just hope we see this feature used in games other than racing titles in the future.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
its already being put into games, its just levelled ai or LEVAI lol, it was the anagram I was making fun of by the way not the program itself, I know its good but content needs to be fully available on disk, people need to stop buying the car packs and eventually it will all be released on disk
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
i know it mimics friends but its really just levelling the same difficulty that's all
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
@ Jay, to be honest mate, I cant ever see all the content ( on any game ) being put on disk from day one. I think there's just too many people out there that are willing time and time again to pay for DLC. It would take ALOT of people to say "Enough is enough" and stick to it, again I just can't see it happening unfortunately. I've been posting on various forums over the years and I see a lot of the same faces complain about game prices, being ripped off with DLC etc, yet a lot of the same people carry on buying it year in, year out lol
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
Forza 5 single player > any racing game single player including Mario Kart and Forza 1-4. Mario Kart with friends > Forza with friends. Mario Kart if it had a drivatar system single player > Forza 5
William 3 years ago
Car games can only go so far, I don't have a clue who's excited for this.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
I know this , were all cash cows, game companies know it, this is the future of gaming, Ubisoft are doing it with every game they release now , main game, and a season pass which consist of a few side quests, some multiplayer content and a full chapter with a new character, eg - AC4 - Adewale freedom cry, WATCH DOGS - T Bone, and you watch it will be the same with the rest of their releases lol
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
Forza 5 has less content than Forza 1, less tracks less cars, that's a big step backwards to me, brilliant driving system is no good if its miles behind its own original title
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
penny racers > all racing games
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 years ago
The lack of content in Forza 5 has never bothered me, and I have not even bought any extra content yet. I would rather have a Drivatar system than loads of tracks, as no 2 race is the same. The Drivatar system is something that should get added to all driving games from now on.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
Drivatar sounds like the bullshit EA tried to pull with the 'ignite' engine...
Single player driving games are shit, even if the AI is copying real players. If all your friends drove round the track backwards and crashed in to everything, would the silly drivatards do the same?
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 3 years ago
Forza 5 definitely was lacking in content when compared to previous titles. I firmly believe though this was down to the XB1 being rushed out and this was going to be a launch title regardless.If I remember rightly wasn't there quite a big day one update to add content that wasn't on the disk and it still didn't have the number of tracks/cars as before? It worked out well for me though, I've played this Forza more than any other so it was a case for me of quality over quantity.