The Last Guardian is alive

Being the clever sausages we are, we kind of knew that The Last Guardian wasn't cancelled, however that didn't stop the internet from exploding at the weekend as IGN reported that it was.

This was denied pretty quickly by both SCEA CEO Shawn Layden and Scott Rohde, PlayStation software product development head for Sony Worldwide Studios America.

With Rohde in particular saying that "Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida and I laughed at this rumour over dinner. The Last Guardian has NOT been cancelled."

Journalist Geoff Keighley later said that he had "just interviewed Shawn Layden, new CEO of SCEA. He says The Last Guardian is in full development in Japan. Unequivocally. Full interview tomorrow."

So there we go. Could The Last Guardian be making an appearance at E3? We sure hope so.

Edited On 09 Jun, 2014

Comments
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
IGN usually report stuff that's incorrect, I was gutted when I seen it myself but happily at least we know its in the works still, hope we see something at e3
Bernard 2 years ago
Thank god it's alive! (it's alive!) Hopefully E3 will give us more
Betting it's no longer a PS3 game, and that's probably how the rumour came about.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
probably, been cancelled on ps3 makes sense
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
This game's development has been a disaster, mostly due to SCEJ mismanagement for much of last gen. They've really gotten their shit together the past couple of years though, so Last Guardian could very well be on track for actual release for the first time since it was announced at this point. We'll see what happens tomorrow I guess.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
I would put money on development having been shifted to PS4. It could be a real system-seller, particularly in Japan. Given the pedigree of the studio, I'd imagine it's going to be a game that has you blubbing like a child from it's gutwrenching story.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
I think it will still be an exclusive but to the PS4 instead. I hope they keep it as the final part coz that is one hell of a wait to end a trilogy.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Its alive but we mite see an light at the end of tunnel at e3 hopefully with some gameplay.
ShoryukenToTheChin's avatar
ShoryukenToTheChin 2 years ago
But when will we ever see it again? every E3 this have been mentioned and nothing... please Sony give us an update to finally put the debate to bed.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I really don't see the fuss over this game though could be just because I never played Ico or Shadow of the Colossus.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Hopefully it will be PS3, because it was announced for PS3. It will give PS3 owners not wanting to go PS4 something to play, and PS4 owners should get to play it through the Gaikai system. If it goes PS4 then PS3 owners will miss out completely
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Finally! It will be great to have this game finally but until it is in my PS3/4 I wont be happy