Square registers two new Tomb Raider domains

Square Enix has trademarked two new Tomb Raider titles, suggesting that we may get word on a sequel this week.

Both LaraCroftandtheTempleofOsiris.com and RiseoftheTombRaider.com were registered last Friday, although currently both URLs load blank pages.

It's common knowledge that Crystal Dynamics are working on a new version, although what isn't clear is why square would register two such different domains. Perhaps one is a spin off? Or maybe Square is working on one Tomb Raider for PS3 and Xbox 360 and another for Xbox One and PS4.

Hopefully we'll find out this week.

Edited On 09 Jun, 2014

Comments
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
The temple of Osiris, sounds awesome, would love a new tomb raider, same style as the new one, with the exploration of the older ones, Would love that
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
I've only ever liked watching tomb raider, it's not a game type that I like playing which is a shame. Maybe we could be seeing one of those on the Vita?
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
Temple of Osiris is supposedly a sequel to Guardian of Light... which, tbh, I'd rather have than a sequel to that reboot from last year.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
I wouldn't mind one with all the tomb exploration like TR of old, with yetis, and tigers and yeah maybe a T Rex or two lol,
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 2 years ago
Hopefully those 2 are actually Console/handheld games and not mobile games
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
The former sounds like a mobile game, and the latter, perhaps a follow-up to the reboot for PS4/Xbox One? I'd also love to see a specific title for Vita, though I remain sceptical on that particular front.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I still haven't played the new tomb raider reboot yet. Temple of Osiris does sound like a good name for a tomb raider game though, if that the case. I'd definitely buy a tomb raider game if it came out on Vita.
TempleofOsiris is the next Tomb Raider & as Kerr said the latter will be a Mobile game to go alongside it
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 2 years ago
any way they release it, I'll be buying it. Tomb Raider has always been one of my favourite franchises.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
More tomb raider is good. I enjoyed the reboot a lot, but ive loved every tomb raider released anyways. But I hope they don't drag the reboot saga for too long & return to lara how she is now aka after underworld.
ShoryukenToTheChin's avatar
ShoryukenToTheChin 2 years ago
Give me that Tomb Raider 2 please, absolutely was blown away by the reboot last year and just sends shivers down my spine in what a full fledged next gen Tomb Raider could accomplish.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Reckon Rise of is the Prequel and thatll be a good thing
Chrissay's avatar
Chrissay 2 years ago
The tomb raider reboot was one of my favourite games of the year without a doubt and I'd be very happy if they announce officially a sequel to the reboot sometike this week. I'll be keeping an eye on the news threads :p
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Looks like you are very happy then :)