Andrew House says Sony's E3 focus is all about the great games

Andrew House has said in a new interview that Sony is planning to use it's E3 conference to get fans excited about Playstation 4, by using great games as the main focus.

Speaking to Edge Magazine, the PlayStation CEO said, "Our focus is going to be absolutely on PS4. [We're] keeping a steadfast focus on the gamer and the developer that builds those games for that audience, [and] being sure that we are the best place to play. I think we will see a broader reach of entertainment on our platform as well, but first and foremost it has to be about great games. That's what we've been in the business of doing for 20 years now, and we're absolutely committed to ensuring that we deliver the best."

House also added that Sony has, "some great games [and] some great franchises that are coming to the platform that'll keep people excited about PlayStation 4, or will be the prompt that'll bring new people on board."

What do you think of House's words? Does this make you excited for Sony's E3?

Edited On 09 Jun, 2014

Comments
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
As it should be this year. apart from an western release for vita tv hopfully.
ShoryukenToTheChin's avatar
ShoryukenToTheChin 2 years ago
Hope to finally see these games instead of constantly teasing us with the Future talk.
Greatness awaits >checks watch
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I was expecting this but it does slightly annoy me that the Vita just seems to be forgot about.
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 2 years ago
I can understand the main focus on PS4 but i hope they mention some games for Vita, there making it really hard for newcomers to want to buy one.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I thought they would have done that the past two years but I am still waiting.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
Also hoping to hear about some games on Vita.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
A few new IP's would be good, not just sequels to the older titles. Apart from Last of Us, all titles have now grown older. I cant see God of War 4 being a hit unless it delivers something different and I wasnt keen on Infamous so a fourth one will be too soon.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
I know a few sites recently suggested Sony could announce a new God of War at E3, not something that interests me. Of the Sony exclusives we know about the only one that definitely interests me is Uncharted, fingers crossed for some info at E3 and some totally new IPs.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
A new era/ character for God of war could be interesting. I do agree though new IPs would be good. I just hope we start getting some more RPGs for the Vita.
They could totally reboot God of War and have a roman as the new main character with Roman gods etc......
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I feel like Rome would be an obvious choice, it would be interesting but I think I would prefer something like Egyptian gods.
I suppose people may be put off the roman angle after Ryse too.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
It just seems that Rome would be the obvious choice. I really enjoyed Ryse though it could have been better. I feel if it was not a launch title it wouldn't have been slated as much as it was.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
You're not going to see any real Vita focus because no one gives a shit about it in the West, most especially Sony's US and EU depts, which is why SCEJ is the only branch of Sony actually producing major titles for it. Best case scenario for it at E3 is that they decide not to wait for TGS and finally show Gravity Rush 2 and the Infamous Vita game that was hinted at a few months ago turns out to be real. More realistically though they'll announce a cheap Vita+Minecraft bundle and some more ports (My money is on Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Unfinished Swan and/or Journey... maybe). The show is going to be almost entirely PS4 focused on the whole, make no mistake.