Microsoft E3 Press Conference Round up - All the News

Microsoft's conference kicked off at 17.30pm tonight and it was some show. Before the conference began Microsoft made a few announcements, such as Three's coming to Xbox One later this year, the announcement of a new achievements app and word of Killer Instinct Season 2, which will release later this year. Happy Wars was also announced for Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

The Show

First up Phil Spencer took to the stage to reveal that the conference was dedicated to games, before quickly revealing the new gameplay for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. As you'd expect, all Add-on content is coming to Xbox first.

If you wanted more games then next up was Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive which looked action packed, colourful and a whole load of fun.

Ted Price played through a demo of the game and it looked just as colourful as what was in the trailer. Most people on twitter seemed to describe it as Jet Set Radio with guns. Mainly it seemed to involve sliding around the environments and blowing things up, which isn't a bad thing obviously.

It was also confirmed that 8 player co-op will be included within the game and that it'll arrive on October 28.

Capcom was next up, showing off some bizarre Dead Rising 3 DLC known as Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition DX Plus AlphaSuper Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix which is available from today. To say it looks different is an understatement, but as we say, it's out now so try it for yourself.

Harmonix was next up, confirming Dance Central: Spotlight as revealed by ourselves earlier today. In addition Disney Fantasia was confirmed for an October release.

Fable Legends was next, with Lionhead showing the first gameplay for the title. It seemed pretty much classic Fable, with humorous acting, colourful graphics and fun gameplay.

Project Spark was next. The Xbox and PC exclusive basically allows players to build their own games using the vast catalogue of assets which are available from free to paid content. It was also revealed that Conker will be available in Project Spark, how's that for a surprise.

The next title up was an Xbox exclusive known as Ori and the Blind Forest, a platformer from Microsoft and Moon Studios. You can see more of that in the trailer below.

Closing out the trailers before it was Halo. Bonnie Ross from 343 industries took to the stage to reveal that Halo: The Masterchief Collection is coming November 11. It includes all games released so far. A crazy amount of content. All four games have everything unlocked and will include custom playlists. Halo 2 is also getting a remastered edition which will allow you to switch between the new HD version and classic. The multiplayer will be recreated in full, which pleased those in the audience.

According to Microsoft The Master Chief Collection has over 100 multiplayer maps (every map ever made for Halo 1-4) and runs at 1080p, 60fps on dedicated servers. It also ships with 4000 Gamerscore.

Halo Nightfall was the next thing to be talk about, before the Halo 5: Guardians Beta was announced for December.

2015 was the next things to be announced with the first title shown being a new platformer from PlayDead. It was known as Inside and is part of the ID@Xbox indie showcase which was then showcased. Games shown included the likes of Aztec, Knight Squad, Plaque Evolved, White Knight, Earthlock, FRU, Threes, Fenix Rage, Hellraid and a whole lot more.

Tomb Raider - That's Right, a new Tomb Raider. It was very pleasing to see this. Lara Croft's latest adventure was teased, although it's not coming until Holiday 2015.

Witcher 3 gameplay was next up, as previously shown in CD Projekt's own presser, this game looks mighty stunning.

Want more news? Well how about Phantom Dust remastered with all-new gameplay and graphics. Yes you can relive the story exclusively on Xbox One, which is great if you loved the original.

The Division was next. It's not coming until 2015 but it looks as stunning as ever. Once again the Add-on content is coming first to Xbox. MS splashing that cash.

Platinum Games were next on stage to reveal an Xbox One exclusive. This one looks pretty stunning, including a dragon, a huge monster and a Dante lookalike. In the trailer he puts on some headphones and attacks the numerous creatures coming at him. It's known as Scalebound and looks very impressive.

Next up Crackdown 3. It's great to see the game comeback and it looks better than ever thanks to online co-op and a whole load of glossy explosions. This is going to be one to watch, although it's not being released until who knows when, possibly next year or possibly even 2016.

And that was it.

So what do you think? Microsoft certainly delivered on the Games, Games, Games front, but was there enough new announcements. Scalebound was certainly a welcome surprise, but are you happy?

Let's discuss.

Edited On 09 Jun, 2014

Comments
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I was pretty happy with it, rubbish about the Conker tease though was really hoping for a new game. Would have to see more about Phantom Dust and Scalebound though the trailer alone looked interesting for it but everything else I will probably buy.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
That was actually kind of terrible. Not a single surprise the entire show. It's funny to look back at all those rumours about exclusivity on games like Resi 7 and Mass Effect 4 now, but when the biggest announcements you have were just CGI for a follow up to some super obscure OG Xbox game and a Platinum game that looks way too much like DmC, it's actually kind of eye rolling. No reason to get an Xbox One anytime soon then I guess.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 years ago
i agree with kevin.
So Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition DX Plus AlphaSuper (Love that name) Inside, Ori, & Scalebound didn't surprise you?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
That was pretty lame the only thing that got me excited was scalebound. Some of the indie stuff looked interesting but apart from that it was sequels and stuff we already knew.
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
Great work keeping up on all the news! A couple of interesting games Tomb Raider was the highlight for me, i'm expecting more from Nintendo and Sony though. Also like how Capcom were taking the mick with the Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition DX Plus Alpha lol.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Each to their own I suppose. Though I did think the person in the scalebound trailer was female until they spoke.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
The existence of Scalebound was leaked last year actually, it's just that this was the first time anyone could put a name to the project.
Capcom have been making fun of how they used to be in recent years. Now all we need is a Mega Man & Power Stone game
I didn't hear anything of the like but guess that's just me. Didn't you think Ori & Inside looked good?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Theres only so much you can guess with a name of a game though it could have been anything. Not sure how I feel about muliplayer in AC.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Ori looks good not sure about inside though it looks ok but will have to see more.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 years ago
Ori and inside looked interesting but more indie type niche titles which I like but not system sellers it seemed to me microsoft are more intrested in getting DLC first for games then making there own.
I really didn't like the Art-Style of the new AC but I loved that blood spatter during the first kill
Yea. Ori and Inside will be on PC too so not making me want an Xbone for them
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
It did seem that way, I am looking forward to trying Evolve though that looks great. I like the look of it, its good they have changed how he gets around the place now. I though you said you would get one just for Halo, I also seem to remember someone saying they wouldnt release all 4 Halo on one disc :)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
The stuff that I am really looking forward to gettin were the stuff I already knew about which I suppose is a bit disapointing though I am downloading Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition DX Plus Alpha just now.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 3 years ago
Inside looks very nice, if a bit 'Limbo'-esque. Don't know what to say about Ori, hard to tell anything about the gameplay from what was shown.
I think it is save to say Ori is going for them feels
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 3 years ago
Where there any release dates at all? Can't remember...
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Forza Horizon 30th September, Halo 11th November, Sunset Overdirve October 28th, Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition DX Plus Alpha now, Ori is this year. Evolve and DA3 already have dates, COD is the beginning of November and was Fable not this year as well as they did say the first half was 2014 and the second half 2015 and Fable was before Halo so heres hoping.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
Very underwhelming from Microsoft. Was hoping they would have had a good E3. Dragon Age looked good but that isn't an exclusive. Not quite sure what to make of Sunset Overdrive, looks a bit like Dead Rising 3 but for a younger audience. All the Halo rumours turned out to be right.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 3 years ago
If Resi 7 is like Resi 6 XBox is welcome to it. I wouldn't want it on a Sony console so I couldn't waste my money on it. The new Tomb Raider looks awesome though!
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Doesnt matter what its on you could just not buy it to save waisting money on it..
Meh, still nothing that makes me really want an Xbone, the DR3 DLC looks fun, and I might be willing to give Crackdown 3 a chance if that video was in any way indicative of actual gameplay. Nothing else is really grabbing me though.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Dead Rising DLC is pretty fun playing it just now.
Was it free?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
£7 but it is pretty fun, could have easily released it separate like the DR2 DLC.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Well at least they did what they said they were going to do with the conference it was all games.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
that guy in sunset overdrive moves suspiciously like delsin rowe
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 3 years ago
Just got Capcom's 'Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition DX Plus Alpha' DLC thingie off of the Live Network. It's pretty good. Well worth a purchase as, yeah, it is fun, what with classic sounds from most of Capcom's other franchises (Street Fighter, Stryder &tc.). I love Capcom's Sengoku Basara, so, this is a bit like that but on STEROIDS (i.e. graphics are way better than last gen, controls are fluid and you can use vehicles & weapons found in the main Dead Rising game & with some neat other power-ups!). Makes me want to cancel my Street Fighter IV Ultra pre-order & wait until they launch it on the Next Gen consoles, as the way this looks & feels, it would be majorly boss! Would love to have got it through ShopTo as a download code but that doesn't seem available, alas! Definitely looking forward to ForzaHorizon2 now! Also looking forward to 'Sunset' after playing this :)!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 3 years ago
Like 'Baiken' (is that the selfsame name of that strange female Samurai character from Guilty Gear? I LOVE her as a 2D character model! She is just so strangely & wickedly Japanese!))said, didn't Joe the Editor do a swell round-up? 'Cause of him, I became aware of 'Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition DX Plus Alpha''s existence & am sat here getting to grips & enjoying it right now :)! Hope ShopTo will get a ForzaHorizon 2 collector's edition. You can sign me up right now :)!
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
Yep it sure is, the one armed, one eyed, pink haired samurai from Guilty Gear. I hope she eventually makes it into the new Guilty Gear Xrd game :) I used to have the avatar to match the name but changed it to Lavinia from Agarest (maybe one day i'll switch back). She is based off Kenshin Himura. He is yep, glad you found something you liked, lets look forward to what the rest of E3 has to offer.
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 3 years ago
That's sure nice to know. I hope you go back to her avatar as I really like her. You're right, they aren't listing Baiken/???? or Jam as playable characters for GuiltyGear Xrd?!! Let me put it like this, if they ain't in the final cut, then I ain't interested in the game!! I've just developed a liking for TombRaider since I got the Next Gen one, so like you, I'm looking forward to further developments in that field too! It's a nice avatar, though! Mine is that one of Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, that old one, where they're in swimming costumes with the palm trees enveloping them. Don't know if you can see!
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 3 years ago
Apparently they are adding more characters on the console release maybe even dlc but i agree Baiken is my main i need her in the game haha, Jam & Dizzy too! Yeah i really loved the Tomb Raider reboot and can't wait for the new one, that trailer was the highlight of the Microsoft show for me. I may change my avatar in the future but i like my dark elf right now lol, its hard to see on your pic but i do like Sailor Moon.