YouTube app coming to PS4, users can upload videos

Sony have announced that an official YouTube app will be coming to Playstation 4.

Users will have access to the entire library that YouTube brings with it and in a first for YouTube apps on console, users will be able to upload game videos from their console from the app.

The official YouTube app will be available soon.

Edited On 10 Jun, 2014

Comments
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 3 years ago
This is one of the announcements I'm most excited about. I have wanted to make some game videos for some time but I haven't all the cables to do so and I don't have a working laptop anymore (don't need one really with the Apple stuff). I hope we can record voice over on games we are playing. How long can videos be and will they be able to be uploaded in the background or do we have to wait for them to upload?
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 3 years ago
This announcement is one that I wish was garnering more attention. Being able to upload videos straight to YouTube is actually a big step for the system. I'd also like to think that the inclusion of the app is a sign that we may see more multimedia support for the PS4 in the coming months *crosses fingers*
I see this a bad thing since Youtube will be any even bigger clusterfuck with people that don't know how to edit.
I'm too lazy too but that is a whole different problem
Chica88's avatar
Chica88 2 years ago
I've been looking forward to being able to upload gaming videos to YouTube via the console! I've seen so many amazing, never possibly repeated, gaming moments on YouTube. Will be good to put some of mine up!
Chica88's avatar
Chica88 2 years ago
I agree with your post, da_kerr. It is a huge step for the system and it would be great to see the news gather more attention!