ShopTo.net

Your Podcast Questions - Episode 27 (E3 Special)

We are recording the E3 special of our podcast soon, we may even record another one this week too.

So do you have any E3 related questions? Ask away.

As always, this is your podcast, so if you have any suggestions for the format or anything else then please let us know below.

Edited On 10 Jun, 2014

Comments
Which one game that got announced are you looking forward to the most?
Zombieflamingo 11 months ago
Do you think all these early announcements have taken the joy out of E3 this year?
SquareSofty 11 months ago
If there was one element of the E3 formula that you could either change, or drag out back and shoot, what would it be?
da_kerr 11 months ago
Why do you think a lot of the big companies are not making new IPs do you think they are out of ideas or to scared to risk anything.
Bindiana 11 months ago
Cos no one will buy a new IP unless they spend enough on marketing to shove it down peoples throats (Ala: Watch Dogs
Loli-Nox-Tan 11 months ago
I think the large financial risk of a new IP has to be a concern to most games companies. With an established brand, even if the game isn't particularly great, a profit is typically assured. Having said that, some companies are being somewhat brave, although new IPs are being given to more established studios, probably to offset those financial concerns. I mean, would The Last of Us have been greenlit were it to have been the baby of a new team of devs? I'm left thinking that it wouldn't. Still, when there's so much money at risk, there was also the possibility the industry would go down the path of Hollywood. Still, it's nice to see innovation being something indies are still very much a fan of. When your budget isn't as big, you have to do something to stand out from the crowd.
da_kerr 11 months ago
Game budgets are silly nowadays.
Loli-Nox-Tan 11 months ago
Maybe I am being old and grumpy but this is the first time I have felt so deflated about the games industry. There is 2 new consoles and the Wii U but none really bringing any new ideas to the table. I should be crazy excited now about all the new games for the 3 consoles.
Bindiana 11 months ago
I think it is just cos we have all been burned by E3 before. Nintendo is still to go so our mood might change
Loli-Nox-Tan 11 months ago
another question do you think PS3/360 will get proper versions of FIFA this year or legacy versions like the Vita and 3DS
Bindiana 11 months ago
Well the Xbone & PS4 are technically getting Legacy versions since from what I saw nothing has changed bar the kit getting dirtier
Loli-Nox-Tan 11 months ago
Do you think Sony have given up on the vita? Hardly no news about it at E3 and it's been ages since we last saw a AAA western title. Such as an uncharted golden abyss or a killzone mercenary.
Spear 25 11 months ago
Sony have definitely given up on Vita, beyond it being a second screen for the PS4. As an owner, I'm just a teeeensy bit frustrated by that fact lol. But, hey, I've got yet another release of the first two God of War games to play if I really want! (not knocking how amazing they are by the way) haha
da_kerr 11 months ago