Thursday Chat: June 12

Now that E3 is slowing down, the news is also slowing down. So what have been your favourite announcements so far?

Having covered E3 for near enough 10 years, I have to say that this is one feels rather quiet compared to previous years. Most of the titles we already seem to have known about, although there was a few surprises such as the new From Software PS4 exclusive Bloodborne, which all the media seem to be raving about.

What stood out for you?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 12 Jun, 2014

Comments
Favourite announcement has to be Starfox, it's one of the things I wanted the most, and Nintendo delivered big time with Miyamoto working on it.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
Nothing really stood out but like mentioned,it was because most of what was shown we already knew about, or at least there were strong rumours the games were coming. Whether I knew about them or not though, 2014 is a great year for me and gaming, Halo 1-4, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, The Crew, Assassins Creed, Sniper Elite 3, Project Cars and this is just a handful of the games I'll be picking up this year :)
JoeToots 2 years ago
in all honesty this morning when i woke up i completley forgot that e3 had even been on i'm in full world cup mode!
Bet you're really looking forward to seeing England get knocked out.
JoeToots 2 years ago
The world cup isnt just about watching england it's the greatest footballing event in the world. If england get knocked out in the group stages and don't win a game or get a too the semi finals i'll still back them to the end of the earth. Unlike gaming football is more than a hobby it's a passion.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
Sorry, I can't get passionate about a group of players that are on £100,000+ a week that are more worried about being photographed with their new hair cut than playing for their team, no pride in it no-more.Also like the interview I just see on Sky News, kids dying in Brazil ( just like most places in the world ) through starvation, this World Cup money would have been better spent elsewhere, disgraceful in my opinion.
And I thought it was just an excuse for racist hooliganism.
Each to there own.
JoeToots 2 years ago
tbh i can understand why old people don't get pumped for the world cup they have seen football change over the years so much where as i haven't seen it change as much.
The only things that've really changed are the wages and the length of the shorts.
JoeToots 2 years ago
and the fact they use to go for a pint and a smoke with the fans after the games..
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Nothing really stood out for me there is nothing that really got me excited. There is only 3 games that I want to buy before the end of the year on next gen consoles and those are Evil Within (but hearing some bad things about that recently) Bayonetta 2 and sunset overdrive.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
So toots you staying up to 2 in the morning on Sunday to watch Japan vs Ivory Coast? On a side note finally got my Wii U online stuff sorted last night and added a few of you had a couple goes on Mario Kart online and I suck haha
JoeToots 2 years ago
Naaa that'll be one i'll give a miss
Where's the passion Tootell?
JoeToots 2 years ago
work first passion second you know what i mean?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
You donating at the special bank again Toots?
seems like it yes.
JoeToots 2 years ago
not that i get what you mean haha
MrPenguinKnight's avatar
MrPenguinKnight 2 years ago
The event was only quiet if you are looking for Sony/Microsoft games. If however you follow Nintendo they have been releasing news everyday, and quite a bit of it is new. Splatoon is my best surprise of this E3. Shame I'm going to have to wait until next year to play it.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 2 years ago
ninty have cemented me getting a Wii U, just not yet. been playing the new dead rising dlc, its actually really fun, just wish i had enough friends with dr3 to play 4 player
Welp. Game are selling the Dracula Tomb edition of Lords of Shadow 2 for £39.99 http://www.game.co.uk/en/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-draculas-tomb-premium-edition-only-at-game-261789?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=722631&catGroupId=
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
On the subject of the World Cup I just put a 7 Fold accumulator bet on a few selected games for the first round of fixtures. I didn't bet much, but might win. Can't wait for the Brazil game tonight should be very good as Croatia aren't a bad sad either. Will be a tight game in my opinion. @JoeToots, who do you think will win the world cup?
JoeToots 2 years ago
My opinion is it'll be Brazil who will win. i Think belgium are going to be the team that shocks everyone and does really well.
what about you?
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I agree about Belgium being a dark horse. I don't think Brazil will win but I hope they win tonight as it is part of my bet. I can't decide between Germany and Argentina to win.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Not quite sure how Belgium can be a dark horse when there ranked 4th in the world and everyone expects them to do well.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I didn't know they were ranked so high. Shows how much I follow international football.
JoeToots 2 years ago
Because by doing well Bind i'm talking about them getting to the final and don't pay attention to fifa rankings it's aload of bullshit you can play friendlies against the likes of Turks and Caicos Islands or san marino and it'll boost your rankings up.
JoeToots 2 years ago
But not to burst your bubble Bind Belgium are actually 11th..
JoeToots 2 years ago
also i put final what i actually meant was semi final.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Actually playing friendlies against the likes of San Marino lowers your rankings one of the reasons Holland werent the top seeds this year because the played a silly friendly against India or somewhere and dropped down the rankings.
JoeToots 2 years ago
Ok maybe i was wrong about that but i was right about Belgium being 11th.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
fair enough ill give you the 11th swear the were 4th recently. Its just the phrase dark horse does my head in because it should me a team not expected to do anything say like Algeria where as Belgium everyone knows they have good players and expect them to go quite far.
JoeToots 2 years ago
Stuff it i'll be the one that says it. England will win the world cup.
JoeToots 2 years ago
Yes maybe i shouldn't of used the phrase 'Dark horse'
SquareSofty's avatar