Uncharted 4 to be last game in series says Nolan North

Uncharted voice actor Nolan North has said in a new interview that he feels Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, will be the last game in the series.

According to Nolan, who was speaking to IGN, “It’s bittersweet but at a certain point you want to go out on top.

“If this is the last one indeed, and I believe it’s the last one – nothing’s confirmed, but I believe it’s the last one Naughty Dog wants to do, in which case I hope somebody else doesn’t pick up the mantle because they’ve done it so well for so long – but yeah, it’s one of those things where you just have to cross that bridge when you get to it.

“I like the idea of going out on top so we better do a hell of a job with this one… and it’s already looking pretty good.”

If the Uncharted 4 E3 2014 trailer was anything to go by - it was in-engine and running on PS4 in real-time, then the series is set to go out with a bang.

So what do you think? Will you be sad to see the end of Uncharted? Are Naughty Dog right to go out on top?

Edited On 12 Jun, 2014

Comments
Arun1910's avatar
Arun1910 2 years ago
I'm confused by this... Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Uncharted, but UC3 seemed like a perfect ending to me. It seems like they are making this for the sake of it. Then again, more Uncharted :D it just better have a good story for why Drake is doing this again. He is still wearing his ring too which was something a lot of people noticed. I wonder how old Sully is going to be in this one or if he will even go out on the field with Drake or just be in cutscenes as he was already old in UC3.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
That's a real shame, but it's admirable to see ND choosing to go out while the series is still hugely popular rather than run it into the ground with endless milking. They're not nearly as dependent on the Uncharted series as they would have been even just a couple of years ago.
Light Heavensword's avatar
Light Heavensword 2 years ago
I think it would be the last game, that trailer seems something big is going to happen as to the title A Thief's End. I'm thinking it's going to be the end for either Sully or Drake. Naughty Dog always seems to do four games in a series and moves on to a different one I'm not really that bothered anyway.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
well lets hope they send drake off with a bang
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 2 years ago
Well it is sad news but it has to end somewhere. I wonder if they'll be able to top Uncharted 2.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I would be surprised if they topped Uncharted 2. It makes sense to end it at some point though at least they are not completely dragging it out.
Imo Uncharted 2 had the better finale but Uncharted 3 was better overall
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Hated the desert bit though in Uncharted 3 that just dragged on and on.
I don't think I will every complain about a desert level again after Chapter 13 of Spec Ops: The Line
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Which part was that again? Cant remember any really hard parts in it.
I can't really remember the specifics but one of your team was wounded and you had to fed of waves of enemys in the middle of a sandstorm
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I think I know what part you are on about, that wasnt too bad though.
I was playing on the max difficulty
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Sam here. Though I did look it up on youtube and that bit was a little bit annoying especially only have a desert eagel.
ShoryukenToTheChin's avatar
ShoryukenToTheChin 2 years ago
Something that makes a tonne of money, not likely this is the last one. I love Uncharted, yes im all for new IPs but Naughty Dog recently gave us The Last of Us. Think about it they gave us 2 new IPs last gen, seems like they will try to do the same or even top that in the current gen.
Betul 2 years ago
I love uncharted especially the multiplayer. I am sure it made a tone of money so why finish. I would understand if it didn't. Anyway. I wasn't expectin so it looks I have to be ready for both :-(.