Destiny gets extended trailer

Bungie has released an extended trailer for Destiny and it's looking pretty great.

The title has a three day alpha taking place for PS4 owners right now, allowing those lucky enough to be involved some early access.

Destiny's Public Beta starts on July 17 on PS4, before coming to other platforms soon after. The game arrives this September.

Pre-order below.

Edited On 13 Jun, 2014

Comments
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
I had so much fun on the alpha last night, before I knew it, it was 2 in the morning and I still didn't wanna stop
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Jay, I'm not remotely jealous. Honest. Lol. Did it have any of the feel of Halo or does it comes across as an entirely different animal altogether?
sam_w's avatar
sam_w 2 years ago
Plays far more like Borderlands than it does Halo!
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Started playing the alpha last night. Was only meant to have a quick look, 3 hours later was still playing it. So much customisation when it comes to character, ship and weapons. Really impressed so far.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
no I didn't get any halo vibe, it looks haloish on trailers but once your on it, its completely different, I was playing with Dave bubbajai at first, tough mission and we got through it, no deathmatch shite, a couple of proper co op missions, then I did three missions solo and levelled up a bit, got my armour level up a bit and a cracking few weapons, really hope I can carry this onto the game
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Jay does it feel like a game you could sink 100+ hours into and still not be bored? or do you think it'll get abit repetitive?
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
oh yes toots, it will probably be the first game I ever sink 100 plus hours into, this is only alpha stage and im addicted, levelling up is no easy task and takes time, so ill probably be spending a hell of a lot of time on it
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Jay, you've succeeded in making me even more jealous. This sounds like just my kind of game! Lol. Does the single player experience feel hollow compared to the multiplayer, or do you think it's a part of the experience that got just as much attention? Apologies for all the questions by the way! Lol
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
no its ok, it was awesome co op, but a bit later when I had done some upgrades I ventured out solo , completed a few missions, came across some random people exploring, one guy was battling the fallen so I busted in and blew some away for him, he walks up to me waves at me then went off on his merry way
wolverine77's avatar
wolverine77 2 years ago
Enjoying it. Shades of resistance fall of man, but more open world. Multilayer vs isn't my thing but I like the co-op stuff. Impressive for an alpha!
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I was hoping for the Alpha but no luck, glad you are enjoying it and it does sound good. Whats the customisation like for your character?
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
I was really hoping for the alpha too. Pleased to hear it's so good. Will have to wait until the public beta, think that kicks off on the 17th of July, doesn't it?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Yeah 17th on the PS4, I have my preorder key for the xbox one so will be a bit longer for me.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Correct... I think after the Alpha though I'm not really gonna want to play the Beta... I'm just gonna want the whole bloody thing!! :)
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Just booting it up now, liked the character customisation, although the girls certainly have the better options, imho
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Can you give your guy a nice manly moustache?
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Alas, no
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Quite disappointed about that, well looks like I am going to make a female character then.
NathanTo's avatar
NathanTo 2 years ago
gutted the alpha is gone now, really enjoyed
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Had an absolute blast (excuse the pun). Best shooter I have played. Love the fact for a Strike mission, you MUST work as a team. Just gutted the Alpha Guardians are being wiped from the servers. Would've been nice to have kept them as a thankyou for the Alpha testers. Maybe they'll keep the Betas instead
WhackPooBrain's avatar
WhackPooBrain 2 years ago
This game will be epic, got my preorder down and now anxiously waiting the beta release