THQ's name lives on through Nordic Games

THQ lives, well sort of.

Nordic Games have acquired the THQ trademark and will be publishing games under the THQ name.

General Manager Klemens Kruezer told Polygon that Nordic has recently recently closed a separate agreement for the trademark which will allow Nordic to publish titles with THQ branding.

"It was kind of surprise to some industry veterans and players that we were the winner of the auction of the THQ titles," Kruezer said. "The challenging fact is nobody has ever heard about Nordic Games before [the THQ auction]. There were so many articles with the headlines ‘Who the fuck is Nordic Games?’ We said, okay they were right.

"We have seen an uplift in the name of Nordic Games, and what we have also done is we have made a second deal with THQ where we bought the THQ trademark.

"We are small team," Kruezer said. "The expectations from outside regarding the IPs of THQ are really high. We see it everyday on our Facebook sites. If we post something new to a project the first comments are, ‘Oh, nice. But what about Darksiders 3?

"This is where we need some more patience from the fans, because we want to be able to do it right. The owner of Nordic Games has given [interviews] where he has said that he doesn’t want to make a shitty sequel."

If anyone would love to see a Darksiders 3 then it's us. It'd look especially nice with that THQ symbol on the box.

Edited On 13 Jun, 2014

da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
I know THQ made some bad financial decisions along the way, but I still have a positive sentiment about them. Hey produced some great games that I really enjoyed playing, such as Metro 2033, Darksiders and W40k: Space Marine. So, personally, I'm glad to see the name live on in some form. And, yes Nordic, we really DO want a Darksiders 3!
Well the name THQ has a bigger pull than Nordic does
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 2 years ago
Very honest comments from Nordic Games, and they sound genuinely intent on making good use of the THQ catalogue.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
It's nice to see that they want to keep the THQ name alive. Will be a good business strategy. Good luck to Nordic.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Good i hope some of previous thq dev & art staff get an new job working under the new thq.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
THQ did make some amazing games years ago. Unfortunately it tailed off this gen. You never know with Nordic's directive it might all change
I don't know how I feel about the way Nordic sells it's products. On one hand they have upped the price of all the IP they acquired from THQ but it the other they discount the games to ridiculous amounts quite frequently
Steven 2 years ago
I really want a wwe all stars 2 a however it must include Earthquake,papa shango, the Mountie, nasty boys, and any other number of 80's/90's grapplers! Wwe all stars was the most fun I've had since the old wrestlefest arcade game, the recent wwe yearly releases have been exceptionally lacklustre in my opinion, let's just pull it back to having some fun!
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
It sounds like Nordic Games have a good strategy. I'd like a THQ greatest hits compilation I do miss those and I have the only 2 available on PS3 in the Mega Drive and Midway collections. They are brilliant and love collections of old stuff redug up 20 years after you first played them