Monday Chat: June 16

It's Monday, so what did you get up to over the weekend? What games did you play.

It's been a pretty quiet weekend for us as we are pretty much up to date with game reviews, so we've been taking time to play the likes of the Destiny Alpha and Battlefield Hardline Beta.

We'd also like to know what games you are enjoying.

So, Let's Chat!

Edited On 16 Jun, 2014

Comments
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
played a little destiny on saturday, found out my headset doesnt work so i have just bought the ps4 gold headset, from shop to of course,will be the second set ive bought as i sold the first set as i thought my other headset would work, mainly played with the kids while it was sunny over the weekend though
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Played Destiny Alpha till early saturday morning. I didn't play anymore after that as I had a busy weekend of work. What headset did you get Jay? I had a little look but couldn't see a gold headset. I need to get a headset for PS4 but I don't know which one to get.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
i was playing the battlefield hardline beta and i though what a bag of **** really wasn't impressed and this is coming from someone who has always been big on the battlefield franchise. Played arma 3 and that game is brutal and alot of fun online if you have a few people to play with. Gets real intense at times. Also took the decision up that i'm not going to bother with the next fifa and finally i felt my virginity slowly returning as i slowly downloaded world of warcraft.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
The Battlefield beta I found kind of fun for about 20 minutes but then got really bored. Feels like it should be an expansion to BF4 but of course why not charge people full price! Destiny, early days but it feels like a cross between Halo, COD and Borderlands, not convinced just yet but as I said, early days yet.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
it was originally called the gold headset, its just the offical wireless headset for ps4, the blue and black one, 75 quid on here or 71 for being a gold member
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
not actually gold coloured lol
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I see which one you're on about. I was looking at that one too. It looks like a good headset, I've never really used a headset before but think I might need one for Destiny when it comes out.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
ive had it before its a belter of a headset, i sold it as i got a really good pair of sony ones with my xperia phone , had built in mic as usual so was fine, plugged in on destiny , the mic doesnt work on the ps, 5 mins later they were on ebay lol and i was buying the ps ones from shop to
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
For anyone who's intrested the steam sale apparently starts this week.
Samka's avatar
Samka 2 years ago
Spent yesterday playing Mario Kart 8 as I bought it for my partner for father's day. It's pretty awesome. It's been a long while since I've played a MK game so I'm well rusty but found it pretty enjoyable despite getting my ass whooped by him every time
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Spent the last 3 weeks decorating, gaming, decorating, gaming. Especially caning Destiny Alpha over the weekend, only to find out the Alpha Guardians are being wiped
Had a pretty quiet weekend gaming wise, played a bit of Mario Kart and kept an eye on my Islanders in Tomodachi Life, biggest thing was me having a baby, not normally the motherly type, but being able to control what they look like and how they act makes a big difference. Other than that, got mad drunk down the pub Friday and barbecued some Elk on Saturday.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
When i saw baby at first Gloria i though you meant in real life haha. I bet you're still recovering.
Thankfully I'm well past having a baby now ;)
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
I sold Watch Dogs and grabbed Peggle 2 with deals with gold, much better game. Wanting to get UFC so just got to wait and see when my local Cex has it.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Which console did you own Watch Dogs on SquareSofty?
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Mostly played the Watch Dogs side missions, most of which are really easy. Apart from one Criminal Convoy mission which is currently pushing me to the brink of a mental breakdown :D
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 2 years ago
so then, sleeping dogs HD? as much as i liked it, i don't think it had enough content to really justify a re-release, a little less painful if they drop with all the DLC, but still.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I found the side missions in Watch Dogs more fun than the story ones. I agree with you Joe about Battlefield it feels more like an expansion as well. Unfortunately didnt get into the Destiny Alpha but I was not on much at the weekend so wouldnt have had much time to play it.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Don't quite see the point in rereleasing Sleeping Dogs.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
On another note The Rise of the Tomb Raider is up for about £10 cheaper than the PS4 version if anyone was thinking of preordering it before the price went back up.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
When i think of BF i think of massive maps with intense battles all accross the map. This was a small generic map and the battles just felt pointless.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I did like how you earn the money to by and upgrade things but that was it.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
@da_kerr, if it's the criminal convoy I'm thinking of(the last one), you need to catch up to the convoy and drive straight past them without touching so they dont know you're after them. Get a fair bit ahead and then pull over sideways in front of a large vehicle like a van/truck which will make it stop and provide you with better cover. Hide behind your car with a grenade launcher and when they come take out all their vehicles and armoured men until it's just the main target left, then use the resulting wreckage as cover to approach him and melee him. Took me about 3 or 4 goes
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 2 years ago
Spent the weekend taking part in sporting challenges and drinking huge amounts of alcohol. Now on Monday I feel terrible, future weekends will mostly be spent on the sofa watching TV and playing games.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I agree with RTLF. That is how I did most of the criminal convoys and they were a lot easier with that method. I finally got the Social Lubricant trophy for Watch dogs which means I just got my Platinum trophy.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Watched the football, we didn't play badly at all and we should not get disheartened. We played a very tough team who have some great players in Pirlo (even though the guy is 35 years old, he controls the game so well). We will get through the group by beating Uruguay and Costa Rica, as long as we avoid the Dutch we could get far. On the gamage front, I played a bit of God of War Volume 2 and realised how good it still is. I really think compared to even those two PSP incarnations that Ascension was the poorest in the series. GOW 3 was epic though.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Just bought Tomb Raider for PS4 for £19 after using some reward points. Still haven't played it yet as I didn't get it on PS3 when it was first released. I've heard good things about the game though.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
It is a really good game Spear. You should enjoy it.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 2 years ago
Just started playing wolfenstein, started on the hardest difficulty and its really stressing me out lol, last level tho so almost done. Other than that just watching the world cup
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Nox + Zombie if you see this is there anything in particular you're looking at in the steam sale?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Nothing I can think of Joe will just wait and see, will probably get the most recent civ 5 expansion I missed it when it was on sale the other day. How about yourself?
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Tomb Raider is fantastic. How much better is it on PS4?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
It just looks better and comes with the rest of the DLC that was out.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
I do like those definitive versions to be fair :)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I'm looking for a few bethesda rpgs tbh that's all and whatever pops up
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Toots, Skyrim is brilliant! I want to get the definitive version of that game as it was epic but so long don't think I would ever complete it
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
You can get the full Elder Scrolls collection on the PC Beazi with all the DLC as well.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
i'm also fter fallout 3 +NV having never played them.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
I think I would have to go PS3 as haven't invested in a new laptop recently and mines knackered. Rather use iOS devices nowadays, but PCs still have so many more uses
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
I played Fallout 3 Toots. Know I might get hammered for this but I didn't really think it was my cup of tea. It seemed empty and when I got somewhere I'd just be shot and go back to a town where everyone hates me! (Break into one place and you'll know what I mean - but when you come back there still after you!) however I have to say I was interested in New Vegas.
Chica88's avatar
Chica88 2 years ago
Can't wait to try the BF Hardline beta myself! Well I've been switching between GTA V's online mode and Mario Kart 8's online racing. Both amazing games, I highly recommend both!