Latest Charts, w/e Jun 14: Watch Dogs still on top

This week's latest charts are in, showing Watch Dogs as the number one game again, despite the fever surrounding the football at the moment.

EA's World Cup has to settle for second place, although you get the feeling that this would not be the case should it have decided to release a PS4 and Xbox One version.

The rest of the top 10 looks rather familiar and with not too many new releases between now and August, we expect it won't change much either.

UK All Format Charts, w/e June 14
  1. Watch Dogs
  2. 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil
  3. Wolfenstein: The New Order
  4. Mario Kart 8
  5. FIFA 14
  6. Titanfall
  7. Minecraft: PS3 Edition
  8. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  9. Murdered: Soul Suspect
  10. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition

Edited On 16 Jun, 2014

Comments
That is blasphemy! Where is Colonial Marines?
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
PS4 version of Watchdogs still on top it seems. Also interesting to note this week that the new Kinect-less XB1 SKU launched with accompanying price cut and has seemingly done nothing to boost XB1 hardware sales. Surprising. Guess it isn't just a question of expense that has made Microsoft's console so unappealing in the UK marketplace.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
How is Ride to Hell: Retribution never appearing on this list? Has to be an error, right?
It's stupid right? Ride to Hell is the Goty for last year, this year, & every year going forward
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
I was so let down with Watch Dogs, shame to see it up top, every person I know who has/had it hates it. Glad it's not just me.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I'm surprised lots of people don't like watch dogs, I think it's a great game and I've really enjoyed playing it. The online on watch dogs was something quite unique which is rare nowadays as most game just have standard shoot each other multiplayer.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
I'm glad you've been enjoying it Spear. I can't even pin point what I don't like about it, it's so strange. I have tried mini games, collecting and the campaign and no matter what I do it doesn't draw me into the game. I feel no excitement for it and i'm gutted coz I purchased the season pass as I was certain i'd love it.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
I agree with Spear, love the game, the combat and stealth are really fun and some of the hacking elements (especially when used during a firefight) are genius at times... which platform did you own it on SquareSofty? going on reviews the game is not as good on last gen consoles, it seems to not run as smoothly as well as being graphically inferior
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
"kevins definition of interesting must be the complete polar opposite of everybody else's, every time he brings up something he finds 'interesting' it is always something really tedious and dull." - I always find your posts incredibly interesting Gloria.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I agree with kevin.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Still havent played Watch Dogs... would quite like to get the World Cup game though
Oh snap!
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I just think watch dogs is a new IP and a breathe of fresh air. Something completely different in amongst rereleasing of games from previous generation. Only got 1 more trophy to get to platinum for watch dogs.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
If the sales of the Xbox ONE are not boosted much with the release of the Kinect less version, then it still down to cost, as most retailers are selling Titanfall bundles and ordinary ones with Kinect for not much more. Why pay £350 for Kinectless version when you can get one with Kinect for only £30 more or Titanfall bundle for only £40 more? The price needs to be about £300-£320 to be cost effective now. If they released Kinectless version at launch then they would not have needed to drop the price of the one with Kinect, and then the price gap would be large enough still for £350 to be cost effective, but as they did drop price of the Kinect version then, £350 for the Kinectless version is too much.
The feeling isn't mutual Tootell.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
@RTLF - I had it on the X1, put about 4-5 hours into the game and just had to sell it.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Superniceguy, I think you've hit the nail on the head. The X1 is a good piece of kit, but why would people feel attracted to the Kinect-less version when the Kinect/Titanfall bundles are (in relative terms) not much more expensive? Microsoft are definitely finding their way to a better strategy, they just need to try a little harder.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
The only thing Is the value of the World Cup game goes down when it's over or we are out
Any day now then.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Your probably right Gloria although I'm keeping the faith lol
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Just found out that the Evil Within has been delayed till October. Now I'm mega peed off :(