Bungie extends Destiny Alpha

We this is interesting, Bungie has announced that it's extending the Alpha for Destiny, although you'll need to play at your own risk.
What could Bungie be talking about?

Are you excited for Destiny? If so pre-order below.

Edited On 16 Jun, 2014

Comments
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
see now im a little intrigued, me, Kaysar , and RTFL were attempting to fight 2 crazy levelled enemies, one was level 77, why they were there i do not know but it was like a little hidden area but no matter what you did bullets were just bouncing off them and one was carrying a big sword which killed in one swoop, I found that there was a lot of little secrets that had no business being there, so will have to see what dangers are added
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
Interested to find out about the dangerous experiments. I've got all day off today, so will be spending most of it playing Destiny, except when the football is on at 5pm.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 3 years ago
I'll be at home around 7pm, will give you a shout if i see you on
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 3 years ago
I'd love to play It but I don't have a PS4, I hope it's going well for everyone coz I'm very excited for this game.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 3 years ago
I usually have good luck getting into alpha/beta tests. Not this time....*sobs uncontrollably* I'm glad they've extended the test though, the feedback seems (for the most part) absolutely glowing. Can't wait for the open beta in July.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Same here Kerr, I just hope the xbox one beta is not too far behind it.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
im making it my mission to kill the level 77 knight, even if i have to grind for about 4 hours, n need to find out why they are there lol
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
I think I drove passed some level 77 enemies as I wanted to know what was behind them. Got to an entrance to some sort of cave with a massive death sphere guarding the entrance, ran passed that and eventually you come out where you'd be if you were doing the level 6 strike mission.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
this is only at the level 3 mission , and its definately a one way underground bunker as ive searched every single spot in that area, thinking might be some awesome loot behind the enemies
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
How does the levelling up work is it similar to Borderlands?
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 3 years ago
Anyone know if there will be any platform-specific extras when Destiny is released? Or any pre-order incentives?
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
Will be sure to check it out. Still don't understand why bungie said play at your own risk for. Not really seen anything different to the weekend.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Timed content for the PS4 Kerr. Game are doing a red speeder type thing as a preorder.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I'll be on tonight then, see what all the chatter is about!
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
your weapons, uprades and level all level up independently, your level through xp gained, your upgrades level up depending on how you use certain items like if you use grenades correctly your grenades level up till you can upgrade them etc, and your weapons have specific upgrades but you can only upgrade it if you use that particular weapon, run and gun, using the sight, headshots etc
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
da_kerr, the only preorder incentive is the Beta access and the platform specific is that only PS will be getting exclusive on release (think it is things like armour) that apparently Xbox/PC will never be getting
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Sounds good I like that, gives more of an incentive to use different weapons.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
Had a little look jay and couldn't find your underground bunker. Will have another look later.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
It's right at the start of the level 3 Old Russia free roam section. If you go forward and left ever so slightly you're attacked by one man and two flying bots. It's there, exactly there, just to the left of them.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 3 years ago
I just read the following regarding exclusive content - The content includes: Dust Palace – A three player cooperative strike, Exodus Blue – A mid-sized crucible arena, and exclusive gear sets, weapons, and more Read more: http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/06/destiny-exclusive-content-for-the-playstation-are-timed/#ixzz34nqDyDmA
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 3 years ago
Yeah found it. Thanks for directions, those enemies have just killed me a fair few times.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah they are only timed though so will be out on xbox one eventually. Still nothing on a PC release for this which is a shame though.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I doubt even if all ShopTo members teamed up to fight those level 77 knights, we wouldn't take down even one of them. We'd ldrain all our ammo before even denting the damn things. But I do like that they're there. It means they've thought about secret areas to have on maps to entice you back to areas long after you've moved on and levelled up
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
How many people can you get in one area to try?
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
As a fire team you can only have the three of you. However, when we were playing in a fire team over the weekend there were other people we could see on the map. I think five at the most at one point. However, I think that was more down to lack of other people online more than anything else, the moon base was flooded with lots of people at times
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
So you could run into other fireteams then. They probably wouldnt want to overdo it with the Alpha until they got used to more people in bigger areas.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 3 years ago
I would have thought so, yes. I assume, based on some of the public events that happened on the free roaming maps, and how difficult they are, that you can get 10+ people in one area at any one time.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Sounds good, looking forward to playing this and it comes out the day after my birthday which I just happen to have the week off work so all good.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 3 years ago
spear, those enemies will kill you every time, there must be a reason for them being there but bullets, grenades heavy weapons and specials have no effect