Battlefield Hardline to get new Beta before launch

A new Battlefield Hardline beta will be available on "all platforms" before the game releases on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on October 24 in the UK.

"We will have a beta on all platforms before release," DICE's General Manager Karl-Magnus Troedsson told OXM in a new interview. "But it won't be this beta on Xbox. It's not going to be the same version, just to be clear."

Battlefield Hardline seems to have went down quite well so far, although it was a little overshadowed with the release of the Destiny Alpha, which we've certainly heard people talking about more.

What do you think? Will a new Battlefield Hardline beta please you?

Edited On 16 Jun, 2014

Comments
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
It's definitely a game that I want to try before I buy. Whilst a lot of the feedback has been positive, some people have been deriding it as merely bloated DLC, so I welcome the beta as it lets me get a feel for it myself.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Will it be a step up from the disappointing 4? I cant help but think that this will be another rushed job and not a well thought out shooter like COD Black Ops 2
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
I'm hoping it will be more polished than 4, and the team at Visceral make me hopeful, as they have a fairly robust track record, in my view. But, as I say, that's what makes a broader beta such a good idea: we can find out for ourselves :)
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Viscreal are a very clever team. Dead Space 1 & 2 were outstanding (3 went off the boil a bit but is still a decent enough game). I hope it will be exciting and have loads to do, thats the fall point of all modern FPS such as the Call of Duty series.
WhackPooBrain's avatar
WhackPooBrain 2 years ago
Ah great news, October 24th is now in my calendar, love everything to do with BF.
Chica88's avatar
Chica88 2 years ago
I'm hoping it pleases me! Battlefield games are usually amazing so I don't see why this one would be any different. I like the idea of the new game types and teamwork that will be needed to complete objectives. Just registered for the PS4 beta so fingers crossed I get to try it out!