FIFA 15 coming to all platforms, well apart from Wii U

EA has confirmed that FIFA 15 will be released on PlayStation 4, PC and Xbox One version as well as there being versions for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii. Handhelds versions will also be available on 3DS and PS Vita. Wii U is missing out.

Just like last year, the Wii, 3DS and PS Vita versions are labelled as the “Legacy Edition,” and if last year's versions are anything to go by then that simply means not a lot has changed other than a there being a few player, stats and strip updates.

It seems likely that the PS4 and Xbox One versions are where it's at though, given that they are running on the Ignite Engine.

Edited On 16 Jun, 2014

Comments
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
On the PS3 and Xbox 360 expect just an updated Fifa 14 then. The later versions on the PS2 was just the same game rehashed with some new teams and the promotions and relegations included. I am keen to try the PS4 version as when I had a go on a demo version I thought it was poor. It played the same but there was nothing spectacular. How abouts using the touch panel to make changes on the PS4. This would make the Team Editing unique and make every opponent you play online interesting. Free kicks especially could be modified in this way (include the white foam!!!) How about allowing less rigidity over the team lineups. At the moment the teams have to be properly spaced out although teams in real life mix it up with different results. If I was playing as AFC Wimbledon against Manchester United and went 1-0 up I would be damn sure I'd want every man in defence, but at the moment I cant as I cant put 2 players in the same mini box! Fifa hardcore players will know what I mean. Other than that a "Punch Sepp Blatter" mode would be of great use! "Sepp has rigged it again, press X to dropkick!"
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
No Wii U version but there's a Wii version? Ouch... EA dropping salt in that wound.
As the Wii U is backwards compatible if you're really desperate for a crappy football game you can still play the Wii version. I'm sure most Wii U owners won't really care though, as they'll be too busy playing Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 around that time.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I won't be getting it this time around.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
£60 as well! Hope you can buy it without all that Ultimate Team rubbish
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
"I'm sure most Wii U owners won't really care though, as they'll be too busy playing Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 around that time." - Well, considering Bayonetta 2 is unlikely to release by then it's unlikely. Realistically though, it's likely few Wii U owners are likely to give either title a second glance.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Personally I would rather have they two rather than Fifa but then I am not much for football games. Still rubbish there is no choice for the people that want it and it seems weird to do it on the Wii but not the Wii U.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Beazi if you used abit of common sense and scrolled along you'd notice you can.
As someone who has never laid a finger on a Wii U you wouldn't have the slightest inkling what games a Wii U owner would choose kevin. Also Bayonetta 2 has a Japanese release date of September 20th with a worldwide release shortly after, when's FIFA usually out, late September, early October?
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
JoeToots sorry I didn't realise (bit harsh tho)
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Bayonetta 2 looks a great game. I think Fifa should be released on Wii U it's more than capable of holding the PS3/Xbox360 version at least
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Yeah you are right it was abit harsh my bad!
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Lol no problems Toots! Was a long day at work. Problem is it is Tuesday morning and in still yawning
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
*I'm lol
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
I'll be going for PES, really hope it's good
Goes to show that the majority of the public still have no idea what a Wii U is. I guarantee you that come Christmas Mario Kart 8 will be in the charts and there will be a lot of parents complaining on Christmas morning that the Wii U game they bought doesn't work on the Wii
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I heard someone in at Game the other day being told that they would have to make sure it was a Wii U for it as it won't work on the Wii. They should have just called it something completely different.
They wouldn't be having this problem if they just called in Wii2
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
That would have worked I suppose but I still don't like the name Wii, it just asks for people to make Dad jokes.
They should have just moved to a new name altogether like Nintendo Revolution or something
hXcPete's avatar
hXcPete 2 years ago
As a Wii U user, I couldn't care less.
WhackPooBrain's avatar
WhackPooBrain 2 years ago
Really hoping they sort out the pro clubs section, actually put some effort into it, such a fun part of the game.